True Crime: Holy cats this youtuber is LDS related

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Moksha
God

Re: Holy cats this youtuber

Post by Moksha »

More interesting information:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLtx2OmEAbs

That the LDS Church pays for family bloggers to hype the LDS Church was new information. Sort of thing Dr. Scratch might know, but I was unaware of it. I guess a healthy ad budget helps sell most products. Of course, then they have to pay for apologists to deny it. All rather complicated, but that is the way of tangled webs, eh?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Moksha wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2023 6:05 am
More interesting information:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLtx2OmEAbs

That the LDS Church pays for family bloggers to hype the LDS Church was new information. Sort of thing Dr. Scratch might know, but I was unaware of it. I guess a healthy ad budget helps sell most products. Of course, then they have to pay for apologists to deny it. All rather complicated, but that is the way of tangled webs, eh?
Oh wow. I saw that come up in my youtube feed and passed on it. I wouldn't be at all surprised to learn the church was financially involved for free advertising. Ruby Franke had over 2 million subscribers so she was pulling in the views and made bank on her channel.

I've never watched that channel but I saw a remark in the comments that someone saw her on DutyRon who is someone I have watched several times. He's a retired NYC detective whose channel grew like crazy probably because of all the guests and experts he's been able to get on his live streams.

Okay so now I will put that above link on my list to listen to and go back to DutyRon and see if he's had her on recently.

I could have put this thread in Terrestrial but I didn't want a bunch of off hand comments about the church to clutter the thread which I thought would likely be the result.

There was a time when the LDS Church could keep things on the down low and virtually the only place you ever heard about things was on a board like this. But with such high profile cases like Daybell/Vallow and now this one...there's no keeping a lid on it. It's been on every major news channel and as you can probably see, it's blasting all over youtube. That's probably because the true crime channels have intersected with Mommy Vlogger critic channels like Dad Challenge Podcast, psychology related, drama channels, Mormon related, and who knows what all else. So there are a lot of channels that have converged on this case, each with it's own particular focus.

That one video you linked to from Mormon Stories and the interview with Jodi's niece Jessi was extraordinary. I need to follow up on that with commentary here on the thread.

Mok...you have gone down the youtube rabbit hole now. I'm telling you, there's no coming out now. Just trust me on that! The thing is that youtubers will pull in interviews, information, and expose facts better than the main stream press really does. Example: If it weren't for Red, White, and Bethune's video...it's likely that the body of Gabby Petito would have never been found since Laundrie would have been long gone without a trace of being able to pinpoint the location of the campsite and wildlife would have scavenged her remains making forensic investigation near impossible. They are the ones who had the video they took when they went camping while living in their camper and saw that they had footage of the Ford Transit van owned by Gabby and shared with Brian Laundrie. That led directly to the discovery of her body.

So don't underestimate the power of youtube. Everyone's got their camera on and they are all over the world filming. People are obviously finding connections to the RF/JH situation to bring up on panel interviews. Take what you see with a grain of salt as you would anything else. Until it's in the courts, though interesting, it's really not on the table legally.

What I typically see with a case is that youtubers come up with piece after piece of the puzzle but then the crazy "tragedy pimps" start weaving in total sensational nonsense and mess it all up so over time, you learn to be more selective in what you view.

I look forward to Stephanie Harlowe covering this but she most often comes in after a case is well under way or resolved before she puts her commentary together. She has a good working knowledge of the LDS Church so she'll be able to address that piece pretty accurately.

ETA: Yeah Stephanie Harlowe hasn't even touched it yet. Not even on the Crime Weekly podcast she does with Derrick Levasseur. Plus she has Harloween coming up soon so it'll be a good long while before she covers this.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Letting Jessie Hildebrandt (the niece) reopen her case will be problematic for St. George because the culpability of the LDS Church is all over it.

If they do let her have her day in court for the tremendous abuse she suffered, Smac at the Mormon D&D board will go hard and heavy in defaming her as a defense for the LDS Church.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

The lid has well and truly blown off this case. Here's a previous victim, Adam Paul Steed on Mormon Stories live stream. This poor man has an article with People magazine as well.

8 Passengers Mormon Therapist Jodi Hildebrandt Destroyed My Life - Adam Paul Steed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gvsqvz92KM

ETA: MSP has almost 10K in the stream and news media (Amanda Gilbert) in the studio. :o
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Oh my dear Lord. This case is like a cancer that metastasized. It's never going to end and it's going to drag the LDS Church right down into the hole with it. Because it should. The LDS Church is far more than complicit in Jodi's innumerable offenses. They endorsed it, they promoted it, they prescribed it, they contracted for it, they paid for it, and they covered her legally for it.

I've never seen a case like this. It's got so many tentacles it's incomprehensible.

ETA: Watch that case related MSP I linked to above. It'll blow your mind entirely. I'm out of words to describe how massive this current case is going to be.

ETA: Here's the link again for your convenience.

8 Passengers Mormon Therapist Jodi Hildebrandt Destroyed My Life - Adam Paul Steed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gvsqvz92KM

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Re: True Crime: Holy cats this youtuber LDS related

Post by Jersey Girl »

Trying to wrangle this in.

Abuse:

Church sanctioned systemic abuse
Professional malpractice
Abuse of adults
Abuse of minor children
Psychological abuse
Physical abuse
Sexual abuse
Spiritual abuse
Financial abuse
Dark Triad Level manipulation and activity

Involves:

Individuals, single, married, and whole families at every level of the LDS membership
The Boy Scouts
Institutional abuse of BYU students

The massive extent and pernicious nature of this case defies description. I tried. Words fail me.

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Please invest the time watching the MSP live stream above. It's still in progress. It fully demonstrates the mechanisms by which Jodi and the Church has operated. It is breathtaking.

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Predictions so far...

1. Ruby Franke is going to claim to be the victim of Jodi Hildenbrandt's manipulation.
2. Ruby Franke's husband looks like he's already rolled over on them both but I haven't watched the commentary on it yet.
3. In spite of Ruby Franke's claim of victimhood (I think that's going to be a given) she cannot and will not be released from her responsibilities as a parent and will be found absolutely complicit in the abuse. Not a single doubt in my mind.
4. Jodi Hildenbrandt will be jailed likely for the rest of her life or close.
5. Ruby Franke will receive a lesser sentence.

Watch for more victims of Hildenbrandt to come forward until you lose count. Then wait for Ruby's children to reach adulthood and watch them come back to deliver the final legal blows to their own mother, as well they should.

I'll get that Mr. Franke video posted here only after I watch it to make sure it's what it says it is.

ETA: I'm getting that his attorney is speaking on his behalf. I'll post the link if I think it's worth linking.

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Mixed bag reaction. Keep in mind this is an attorney speaking. Notice how many times he claims that Kevin never physically abused his children. I can tell you right now that he absolutely took part in emotionally and psychologically abusing the children when he witnessed it, listened to Ruby comment on it, cooperated with it, and raised no objection and there's video evidence of that from Ruby Franke's now deleted youtube channel. Deleted or not, the evidence still exists and it will be presented in court.

He's claiming that he was a victim of Jodi H. If you listened to the MSP I linked to earlier, the MSP live stream with Jodi's niece Jessi that Moksha linked, and listen to this video below, you'll see the same exact MO at work on the part of Jodi H. Divide and conquer. Why? Because the woman is a Dark Triad level sadist.

Run time is 21 minutes and change.

'Victim of Jodi': Lawyer for Ruby Franke's Husband Tells All, Blames YouTube Mom and Partner

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYlAw3Kl1W4

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Channel recommendations. Stay away from the smaller channels. Just sub to or check these for the time being and you'll get complimentary perspectives and reporting that will provide a comprehensive overview as time goes on.

For facts of the case as it unfolds:
https://www.youtube.com/@LawAndCrime/videos

For LDS related facts and historical matter in the case:
https://www.youtube.com/@mormonstories

ETA: I'm taking a break from this tomorrow. If anyone has got anything new to add, please do that. I need a serious breather from it.

Slava Ukraini!