True Crime: Holy cats this youtuber is LDS related

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Jersey Girl
God

Re: True Crime: Holy cats this youtuber LDS related

Post by Jersey Girl »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2023 1:29 pm
Jersey Girl wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2023 7:29 am
Question and comment about the MSP lengthy 2 pt live stream.

1. Why were they all so focused on prepping for the tribulation? I thought LDS believe in the pre-tribulation rapture?

2. I've often mentioned an LDS lady friend of mine who passed away in 2012. What are the chances these Visions of Glory type theories happened before the book was ever written? The reason I ask is because my friend mentioned a group of fellow/sister ward members who often met in the hallways during services to talk about weird stuff they shouldn't be talking about. I never forgot what she told me but I didn't ask her for details. What do you guys think about that? Any idea if there could possibly be a connection to all this Visions of Glory stuff? It could have simply been apostate type talk she overhead.

by the way, I'm only into the second part about an hour in. It's fascinating. I also think my brain is rotting from the dark content. Then again I might be about to squirt out a demon through the crack in my head.

If you know, you know. 8-)
1. I don't think LDS theology includes the rapture at all.
I think it does include some version of the rapture but not in the sense that mainstream Christians think of it. Then again, Biblical Scholars can't even agree on such matters
2. Yes. There were always LDS folks who were into deciphering the "mysteries."
Now I wish I had asked her what they were talking about. I knew one of the couples pretty well and for years. I considered them to be intelligent and educated. As I can see in this MSP live intelligence and education don't really matter. The guy was tripping on ketamine and claimed it a spiritual experience. Took the ball and ran with it which resulted in all these tentacles, not to mention homicides.

Okay I'm on the home stretch of finishing the second live. :shock:
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Before I begin the end of dementors totally sucking my soul out...I have to say I can't even believe I'm putting myself through this. It's probably some of the most disturbing content I've ever viewed on youtube.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

I've watched both Pt. 1 and 2 of the soul destroying MSP. I feel like my mind has been totally degraded and corrupted just having heard it all. So as I indicated previously, this guy tripped out on ketamine, thought he was having an NDE (which he was more likely in a dissociative state but let's not worry about it) where he describes being able to know everything about everyone he encountered (only it's the dirty stuff) and created a cult out of his own perversions and...what's the body count at? How many destroyed marriages and abused children and adults have sprung forth as the fruits of this so-called NDE?

As I said a while ago, Dehlin is perhaps the only one on youtube who had the missing religious pieces to these horror stories and it was impressive watching the planes cross in this lengthy live between the youtube religious and true crime communities. As it turns out, Hidden True Crime had the missing crime pieces that connected ALL of these people together. :o What a match of content creators!

If you run through the comments sections you can see how the live streams pulled in viewers from both communities. Ye shall know them by their comments. Tons of Nevers who had no blessed idea how these crimes could be connected to the LDS organization (I say "organization" to rule out painting every member with a broad uncomplimentary brush because they don't deserve it) much less could ANY of us have known how they were all connected in um, body, mind, and spirit.

Too soon? :?

The most significant points that I think Dehlin made is that the LDS organization created the problem and then made the way to fix it. They selected "therapists" from the organization because they knew they would abandon their professional ethics as they provided "therapeutic options" to church referrals. And how he said that when the organization has a man who has been found to commit multiple offenses, instead of excommunicating him like they did Sam Young who was trying to do something positive with a pure heart, they up and promote the guy!

Also in the comments, notice the people who commented on their adverse experiences in "organization recommended therapy." Notice HOW MANY there are. So I'm guessing (it's not guessing at this point) there are hundreds upon hundreds if not thousands of church members who sought therapy, had the provider recommended by their own trusted clergy, who ended up being abused in every possible way.

I couldn't summarize these lives if I wanted to. There was just. too. much. I know it in my head but I doubt I can articulate it well enough to make it make sense to a newcomer. RI did the best summary anyone could on this.

I hate to say how this makes the LDS Church appear to outsiders. It's not a good look.

Slava Ukraini!
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Hey Jersey, I had to re-listen to part of the vid, but the guy who allegedly took Ketamine is Tim Ballard. I haven't seen anything indicating that either Thom Harrison (Spencer) who had the visions or John Pontius took Ketamine. The vids throw so much information so fast, I may need to listen a second time.

You might want to check out this thread in Terrestial, which focuses more on how this mess grew out of LDS beliefs. viewtopic.php?f=4&t=158144

I think the leadership of the LDS Church is responsible for enabling, exacerbating, and in some cases supporting these destructive cults that form within LDS culture. Unless it finds a way to reconcile the apocalyptic, sometimes violent, early days of the church with its bureaucratic institutionalized present, this will keep happening.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2023 5:23 pm
Hey Jersey, I had to re-listen to part of the vid, but the guy who allegedly took Ketamine is Tim Ballard. I haven't seen anything indicating that either Thom Harrison (Spencer) who had the visions or John Pontius took Ketamine. The vids throw so much information so fast, I may need to listen a second time.

You might want to check out this thread in Terrestial, which focuses more on how this mess grew out of LDS beliefs. viewtopic.php?f=4&t=158144

I think the leadership of the LDS Church is responsible for enabling, exacerbating, and in some cases supporting these destructive cults that form within LDS culture. Unless it finds a way to reconcile the apocalyptic, sometimes violent, early days of the church with its bureaucratic institutionalized present, this will keep happening.
Oh I got that wrong. Not surprised since that was so much information laden content. I don't plan to go back through it. Once was enough for me. But still I'm glad I watched it. You can see how the true crime and religious communities on youtube came together to essentially solve the issue of motive in all of those crimes. That's pretty darn impressive and valuable to all who take time to watch it. I'm sure that the crossovers from the true crime channels who watched Dehlin in this will now use him as their "go to" source with their LDS related questions. I don't recall ever watching Hidden True Crime but I will now.

Yes and Dehlin brought that up about the church and how they need to denounce these kinds of splinter groups if you will. My impression is that the LDS Church (organization) functions as a closed society. The "therapy" referrals are an example of that and in this case it's like an abuser warning the victim not to talk about such things outside of the family. It creates that type of dynamic. So you've got victims or folks seeking therapy from "home grown" resources because they all have the church stamp of approval so they must be top drawer and trustworthy. Or so they assume and I would assume that too were I LDS.

I scouted around in the Terrestrial thread last night but chose not to join it. It's all I can do to keep up with this thread right now due to in real life tasks and commitments, and my interest leans more toward the true crime aspects.

If you see a post there that we need to know about on this thread, please link us to it!

Just think about how this thread started with Ruby Franke and now look at where it's gone and what's been uncovered. Mind blowing!

Slava Ukraini!
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Yeah. I’d never have guessed where this thread would end up. And I suspect we’re still not done.
he/him

Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Chad Daybell has moved to strike the death penalty on the ground that Lori was more culpable than him and that the death penalty was struck from her case. The motion alleges that Lori emotionally and sexually manipulated him.

https://s3.us-west-2.amazonaws.com/isc. ... bility.pdf
he/him

Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:23 pm
Chad Daybell has moved to strike the death penalty on the ground that Lori was more culpable than him and that the death penalty was struck from her case. The motion alleges that Lori emotionally and sexually manipulated him.

https://s3.us-west-2.amazonaws.com/isc. ... bility.pdf
What a lame loser and coward!
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Kevin Franke jumps ship. Was he ever on board to begin with? Guess that'll come out in trial.

37 minutes and change (I am sure there are shorter videos on this topic available)

Lawyer Reacts: Kevin Franke Files for Divorce From 8 Passengers Mom + Should Law Block Life Coaches?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNJHfZv221Y

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

SICK FREAKS

Run time: 21:18

8 Disturbing Details in Ruby Franke's Guilty Plea Agreement

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvYCwviQEOk

Slava Ukraini!