Biden issue (prior service input please)

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Jersey Girl
God

Biden issue (prior service input please)

Post by Jersey Girl »

This was just brought to my attention. Biden walking out of a Medal of Honor Award ceremony. Is this a breach of protocol or not? Prior service input appreciated. I viewed a clip of Obama awarding the MOH. After applause, he returns to the podium and closes out the ceremony.

Where's Joe going? He didn't even stay for a nice photo op for Cpt. Taylor. This looks seriously wrong to me.

Watch: Biden awards Medal of Honor to Vietnam War veteran | NBC News
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2qdajS4mJA
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
ajax18
God

Re: Biden issue (prior service input please)

Post by ajax18 »

Press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre said Wednesday that President Joe Biden bailed from Tuesday's Medal of Honor ceremony before the final prayer to protect people from COVID exposure. I think he just had to poop. If I were you I wouldn't make too big a deal of this. You're going to need scamdemic CDC social distancing excuses if you want to repeat the results of the 2020 presidential election.
Last edited by ajax18 on Sat Sep 09, 2023 4:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
yellowstone123
1st Counselor

Post by yellowstone123 »

I think 70 is a good age to say you may have years of service left, but in the interest of the country, it’s time to retire. I also think two terms for president; two terms for senate; six terms as a congressman. 70, too, for the Supreme Court. And 20 years if you want a combination of all but by 70, it’s time for lobbying, fishing, golf, children and grandchildren.

At 70 a person needs to start taking money out of an Individual Retirement Account.

Even at my old job 70 was the magic age.
“one of the important things for anybody in power is to distinguish between what you have the right to do and what is right to do." Potter Stewart, associate justice of the Supreme Court - 1958 to 1981.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

yellowstone123 wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2023 11:31 am
I think 70 is a good age to say you may have years of service left, but in the interest of the country, it’s time to retire. I also think two terms for president; two terms for senate; six terms as a congressman. 70, too, for the Supreme Court. And 20 years if you want a combination of all but by 70, it’s time for lobbying, fishing, golf and children.

I totally agree with you on the term limits. But not all 80 year olds are unable to perform as president. I think part of why Biden is president is because of term limits. Obama and the Chicago political machine wanted BIden because he's old and easy to manipulate. Biden's presidency has been a 3rd term of Barack Obama. I think it'd be a disaster to have Bernie Sanders as president. Bernie is two years older than Biden and in my opinion still as mentally fit to serve as president as when he was 35yoa. But the DNC was never going to let him be nominated for President regardless of what Democrat voters chose in the primaries.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
yellowstone123
1st Counselor

Post by yellowstone123 »

ajax18 wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2023 11:40 am
yellowstone123 wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2023 11:31 am
I think 70 is a good age to say you may have years of service left, but in the interest of the country, it’s time to retire. I also think two terms for president; two terms for senate; six terms as a congressman. 70, too, for the Supreme Court. And 20 years if you want a combination of all but by 70, it’s time for lobbying, fishing, golf and children.

I totally agree with you on the term limits. But not all 80 year olds are unable to perform as president. I think part of why Biden is president is because of term limits. Obama and the Chicago political machine wanted BIden because he's old and easy to manipulate. Biden's presidency has been a 3rd term of Barack Obama. I think it'd be a disaster to have Bernie Sanders as president. Bernie is two years older than Biden and in my opinion still as mentally fit to serve as president as when he was 35yoa. But the DNC was never going to let him be nominated for President regardless of what Democrat voters chose in the primaries.

Thanks for the response ajax18, but it's when we one sees what's happening with senior members of the government that you need an age to say that's it. It's apparent in both parties with senior members; who also do give out appointments and make nominations. All though a few attorneys here would say a few things not so good about Justice Stevens, I like Justice Stevens but think he should leave at 70. He could teach law anywhere. It would pretty much shake up the court.

But because we have a President, and main senior members of the legislature of both parties having medical issues most related to age, make a new rule in the next 7 that 70 is the age. They made a rule that two terms is the rule for president, they can humble themselves and vote for 70 even it it means they can't run for reelection.
“one of the important things for anybody in power is to distinguish between what you have the right to do and what is right to do." Potter Stewart, associate justice of the Supreme Court - 1958 to 1981.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

But because we have a President, and main senior members of the legislature of both parties having medical issues most related to age, make a new rule in the next 7 that 70 is the age. They made a rule that two terms is the rule for president, they can humble themselves and vote for 70 even it it means they can't run for reelection.
What you're saying makes sense. While not every 70+ year old is mentally incapacitated as Biden, Feinstein, or McConnel maybe a baseline age limit would cure the problem. It's extremely dangerous having a mentally incapacitated man negotiating with Putin, XI, or Kim Jong Un. While not everyone who drinks alcohol becomes a worthless drunk, the church recognized that a standard ban on alcohol consumption would be better for society as a whole.
yellowstone123
1st Counselor

Post by yellowstone123 »

I love alcohol, now if I only knew how to fix a good drink. Cheap vodka, milk, coke, and Malibu rum doesn’t cut it. Shaken or stirred.
yellowstone123
1st Counselor

Post by yellowstone123 »

I think President Taft did four years as president, then four off, then four more and then went to the Supreme Court. It’s still can be done, but if you hit 70, leave Washington D.C.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

ajax18 wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2023 10:14 am
I think he just had to poop. If I were you I wouldn't make too big a deal of this.
Oh yeah? What if Jersey Girl was representing Fox News? She would need to get the scoop on that poop!

I'm over 70 and still waiting for the rabbit to pop out of the hat.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Would anyone like to say whether or not they think or know if that was a breach of protocol on President' part? :?:
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!