Biden issue (prior service input please)

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Moksha
God

Re: Biden issue (prior service input please)

Post by Moksha »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2023 3:35 am
Would anyone like to say whether or not they think or know if that was a breach of protocol on the President' part? :?:
When you have to go, you have to go. If he were critical to the ceremony they could wait till he finished. Otherwise, they can proceed without him, which apparently is what they did.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Would anyone like to say whether or not they think or know if that was a breach of protocol on President' part? :?:
For sure. He’s doddering, but appears to be fairly sharp, though with interspersed moments of pre-dementia-like behaviors. I suspect his dementia will accelerate probably sooner than later - Doc Cam recommends plenty of rest and retirement, not because I think he’s a liability, but because it’s time and it’s humane.

Whatever he is now, it’s not President material, imho. He’d be an excellent advisor to someone who has the energy for this job, and I’m glad I’m not the one who… hrm… you know what? Not my monkey, not my circus/Not my circus, not my monkeys (I’m never sure of the order with that saying).

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2023 8:11 am
Jersey Girl wrote:
Would anyone like to say whether or not they think or know if that was a breach of protocol on President' part? :?:
For sure. He’s doddering, but appears to be fairly sharp, though with interspersed moments of pre-dementia-like behaviors. I suspect his dementia will accelerate probably sooner than later - Doc Cam recommends plenty of rest and retirement, not because I think he’s a liability, but because it’s time and it’s humane.

Whatever he is now, it’s not President material, imho. He’d be an excellent advisor to someone who has the energy for this job, and I’m glad I’m not the one who… hrm… you know what? Not my monkey, not my circus/Not my circus, not my monkeys (I’m never sure of the order with that saying).

- Doc
Oh look. A literate sane person showed up.

I wasn't sure about protocol so I was hoping prior service would comment. I watched Obama doing the same presentation and he closed out the ceremony himself where Biden simply left. As if he were making a cameo appearance instead of, you know, the Commander in Chief. He didn't even think about taking photos with Cpt. Taylor afterwards and how meaningful that would have been for this recipient. He just left him out there on the podium by standing alone. :shock:

Not gonna lie, I'm concerned and have been so for a some time now. I agree with you that he's not up to the rigors of the job for a second term.

I don't know where that leaves us but I guess we'll find out. Probably the hard way. Here's his inaugural address. Just pick any spot in the video and watch for even a couple of minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqCwKf8QjA0

So yeah, what we're seeing now...this is bad. Plus, he entered the room masked and If I recall correctly he left without masking. So...Covid?

Go home, Joe. You've more than earned it.

ETA: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Are you all really just now figuring out that Biden is cognitively impaired. He won the primary and general election last time without leaving his basement. He's amassed a net worth of over $50 million through influence pedaling. Bidenomics has destroyed the US economy. None of that stopped him in 2020 and he'll win in 2024 as well.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

ajax18 wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2023 1:32 am
Are you all really just now figuring out that Biden is cognitively impaired. He won the primary and general election last time without leaving his basement. He's amassed a net worth of over $50 million through influence pedaling. Bidenomics has destroyed the US economy. None of that stopped him in 2020 and he'll win in 2024 as well.
No, I'm not just now figuring anything out. I've been watching him for his whole term. The reason I posted this is because the Boy is retired military (you should already know that) and it bugged me that it looked like he disrespected a combat veteran by breaking protocol.

So I asked about it in the OP.

Does that help?

Your rhetoric doesn't answer my question.
It's off topic to this thread.

Please stop doing that to this thread before you end up derailing it.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Dr. Sunstoned
Valiant A

Post by Dr. Sunstoned »

ajax18 wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2023 11:40 am
I totally agree with you on the term limits. But not all 80 year olds are unable to perform as president. I think part of why Biden is president is because of term limits. Obama and the Chicago political machine wanted BIden because he's old and easy to manipulate. Biden's presidency has been a 3rd term of Barack Obama. I think it'd be a disaster to have Bernie Sanders as president. Bernie is two years older than Biden and in my opinion still as mentally fit to serve as president as when he was 35yoa. But the DNC was never going to let him be nominated for President regardless of what Democrat voters chose in the primaries.
Where to you get this nonsense? Newsmax?
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2023 3:06 am
ajax18 wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2023 1:32 am
No, I'm not just now figuring anything out. I've been watching him for his whole term. The reason I posted this is because the Boy is retired military (you should already know that) and it bugged me that it looked like he disrespected a combat veteran by breaking protocol.

Does that help?

Did you vote for Biden in the 2020 primary?
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

ajax18 wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2023 12:09 pm
Jersey Girl wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2023 3:06 am

Does that help?

Did you vote for Biden in the 2020 primary?
It's not your business who I voted for in the 2020 presidential election and it shouldn't matter to the purpose of this thread either. What matters to the purpose of this thread and to me as an individual, is that President Biden disrespected a Vietnam Veteran during a Medal of Honor ceremony by walking away before the close and leaving the recipient who served more than honorably standing alone at the podium.

I openly criticize any president which is my right. Party affiliation means nothing to me. Whatever person is in the job, is in the job. If the person screwed up, they screwed up. And if they screwed up, I say so.

Slava Ukraini!
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

is that President Biden disrespected a Vietnam Veteran during a Medal of Honor ceremony by walking away before the close and leaving the recipient who served more than honorably standing alone at the podium.
He didn't screw up. He's a senile old man who doesn't have the capacity to sin at this point. The people who screwed up are the people that voted for a senile old man who was obviously incapable of being President back in 2020.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Dr. Todd Grande

Is Joe Biden Too Cognitively Impaired to Run for Reelection? | Analysis of Biden's Mental Fitness
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wOBVo5Tfzk

Yeah and even though he made a couple of offhand jokes (this is why I stopped watching him) I agree with what he presented. He covered many of the concerns that I have and raised even more.

He needs to not run again.

Slava Ukraini!