Mitt Romney not running again.

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
hauslern
Bishop

Mitt Romney not running again.

Post by hauslern »

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/FdvmASYnntQ

Hope a number of members both parties make the same decision.
Jersey Girl
God

Re: Mitt Romney not running again.

Post by Jersey Girl »

Without question, this is a smart and wise decision on his part. He's competent and healthy, and will make the most of the rest of his life by living it. McConnell, Feinstein, and Biden need to follow suit, in my opinion.

Carpe diem!
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

He's preparing his 2028 Presidential run after MAGA destroy the Republican party.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Vēritās wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 12:46 am
He's preparing his 2028 Presidential run after MAGA destroy the Republican party.
There is a chance MAGA could ruin America in the meantime. The Second Kingdom of Deseret would not have elective offices.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Vēritās wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 12:46 am
Will you vote for Mitt in the Democratic presidential primary?
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

ajax18 wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 12:08 pm
Uh . . . What is the point of that question?

Is Mitt changing parties?
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Kishkumen wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 12:15 pm
ajax18 wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 12:08 pm
Uh . . . What is the point of that question?

Is Mitt changing parties?
Mitt burnt his bridge in the Republican party. I don't think Mitt is going to run for president again. If he did as a Republican, he wouldn't even make it to the stage of a Republican debate. it seems like Mitt speaks to and is more popular with the Democrats, so if he's going to spend the time and money to run for office, I think Democrat would be the better fit for him.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

ajax18 wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 1:48 pm
Mitt burnt his bridge in the Republican party. I don't think Mitt is going to run for president again. If he did as a Republican, he wouldn't even make it to the stage of a Republican debate. it seems like Mitt speaks to and is more popular with the Democrats, so if he's going to spend the time and money to run for office, I think Democrat would be the better fit for him.
Yes, the GOP has been taken over by MAGAtts, so Mitt doesn’t fit in at all. In his opposition to Trump, Mitt is popular with sane people of all political affiliations or no political affiliation.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Kishkumen wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 4:16 pm
ajax18 wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 1:48 pm
Yes, the GOP has been taken over by MAGAtts, so Mitt doesn’t fit in at all. In his opposition to Trump, Mitt is popular with sane people of all political affiliations or no political affiliation.
Not popular enough to win a general presidential election. and in retrospect I suppose that was a blessing in disguise. Mitt would have folded on every issue and delivered upon absolutely nothing that he promised to conservative voters. Compromise and concession do not equal electability. Mitt never won a presidential election. Trump did.

We can now see that JFK would never win a Democratic nomination today? They wouldn't even let him run nor give him a voice on CNN. "Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country," just doesn't have the same ring with millenials, SJWs, and BLM activists.
huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

ajax18 wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 4:57 pm

We can now see that JFK would never win a Democratic nomination today? They wouldn't even let him run nor give him a voice on CNN. "Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country," just doesn't have the same ring with millenials, SJWs, and BLM activists.
Ajax, this is certainly not what I see.