Donald Trump and Joseph Smith

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Kishkumen
God

Re: Donald Trump and Joseph Smith

Post by Kishkumen »

Gadianton wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 1:31 am
For me Ron proved his mettle and has repeatedly.
Sure; he's a showman who has repeatedly pulled publicity stunts.
If you think we're stupid for working through Covid, why don't you just go your way and we'll go ours.
I didn't say anyone was stupid for working through Covid or wanting to work through Covid. I can totally understand why people would want to work, I very likely would have been one of those had I not been working remote already. I'm certain I would have taken the risk had I been put in a situation where I had a choice (after all, I'm pretty sure I caught the original Wuhan strain very early on). I'm saying people who thought DeSantis had done anything too differently and fell for his rhetoric that he was sticking up to woke medical authorities are stupid. There were states that didn't lock down at all, including Utah. DeSantis locked down, and didn't do this big 180, he was wishy-washy, and trying to have it both ways. Florida's economy fell in about middle-of-the-pack.
Why not just have separate countries?
...you're doing the 7-year-old thing again...
As a Floridian, I can attest to the truth of Gad’s description.

DeSantis is a showman, just not a particularly charismatic one. His schtick was to “stick it to the libs.” Beyond that he didn’t have much. He still does the same up to the present.
“The past no longer belongs only to those who once lived it; the past belongs to those who claim it, and are willing to
explore it, and to infuse it with meaning for those alive today.”—Margaret Atwood