Artificial Intelligence - Our Own Bullet to Our Head

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Doctor Steuss
God

Re: Artificial Intelligence - Our Own Bullet to Our Head

Post by Doctor Steuss »

My concern isn't about what A.I. will potentially do on its own, it's what humans will do with A.I..

There was a humorous Gary Busey deep fake floating around a few weeks back ("buttered sausage..."). I fell for it hook-line-and-sinker, because it matched my pre-conceived notions of him. There were a lot of digital artifacts, but they were ignored by my noggin as video-conferencing and greenscreen artifacts.

Once randos armed with nothing more than a gaming PC start pumping out deep fakes for (geo)political purposes, and fear-mongering, we're in for some trouble.
Imwashingmypirate
Apostle

Post by Imwashingmypirate »

Chap wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2023 5:59 pm
Imwashingmypirate wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2023 5:42 pm
Pretty sure you could just switch the power off and they'd all be dead.
Briefly stated, but there is a lot in what you have said.

The vital thing is to keep it that way, which should not be impossible for those of us who still use electric porridge to think with - so long as we keep thinking.
Electric porridge?
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

Imwashingmypirate wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2023 4:23 am
Electric porridge?
A joking reference to the soft grey stuff inside our heads, which in part works by sending electrical signals through nerve synapses - as opposed to the hard silicon chips that support Artificial Intelligence activity.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
Imwashingmypirate
Apostle

Post by Imwashingmypirate »

Chap wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2023 8:15 am
Imwashingmypirate wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2023 4:23 am
Electric porridge?
A joking reference to the soft grey stuff inside our heads, which in part works by sending electrical signals through nerve synapses - as opposed to the hard silicon chips that support Artificial Intelligence activity.
Ahh :) Hopefully it won't come to that. I for one do not want to be uploaded to a computer. Hopefully we haven't already 🫣
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Kerry, is there any way you could convince the A.I. to play chess rather than global nuclear war?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace