Israel

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Gunnar
God

Re: Israel

Post by Gunnar »

ajax18 wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:09 am
Gadianton wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 12:41 am
You should be committed...probably will be one day.
Insanity is doing the same thing repeatedly and expecting a different result. I'm not the one advocating this course of action.
You seem to be every bit as intolerant and genocidal as Adolf Hitler himself at times! You sure seem to just as supportive of tyranny and authoritarian despots as any fascists I have ever read about.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

ajax18 wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:15 pm
Dr Exiled wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 4:48 pm
This fanatical support for Israel needs to stop, especially when they are on a path, not of an eye for an eye, but an eye for genocide. This is not Christianity and one wonders why evangelicals and other sects fall for this. Now, Israel is talking about flooding the Hamas tunnels after they finish bombing all the civilians in Gaza. https://www.news9live.com/world/israel- ... st-2330975

They've been talking about getting rid of the Palestinians for some time and it looks like they think they have the excuse to do it. https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... -cleansing

Let's stop the billions we send there every year and I bet there will be peace and pretty quickly.
I'd rather they get rid of the Palestinians than to keep repeating this chain of events every five years forever. How is Israel supposed to negotiate with someone whose terms are the extermination of all Jews? Meet them halfway by letting them kill half the Jews? I doubt that would even be enough to satisfy the Palestinians. It hasn't been for over 70 years.
You aren't thinking this through. What happens after the Palestinians are exterminated under the latest iteration of a "final solution?" Will it be final when there are powerful Muslim countries surrounding Israel? Will the US continue to support a country bent on genocide? How will Israel survive if the world abandons it? God, if it exists, doesn't have anything to do with this.
Myth is misused by the powerful to subjugate the masses all too often.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

You seem to be every bit as intolerant and genocidal as Adolf Hitler himself at times! You sure seem to just as supportive of tyranny and authoritarian despots as any fascists I have ever read about.
I don't think he has any options at the level of Hitler available right now. The American authoritarian leaders we have are not at that level. Will they be one day? Maybe. But as it stands, most of them -- Trump, DeSantis etc., have no real values, they are totally corrupt. Corruption isn't 100% bad. Worse than corrupt, is the straight-laced ideologue -- Amy Coney Barratt scares me more than Thomas. But she's no Hitler. DeSantis, despite his publicity stunts, isn't Hitler either. Would Trump murder to expand his power? In that past, I'd say no, but facing prison, almost certainly. However, left to his own devices, he doesn't care what happens in the world he just wants his face on TV and have a good life for himself while he drops talking points that stupid people (such as at least one person posting on this thread) fall for. That's not like Hitler who may have been willing to put his own discomfort on the line for his ideology.

What I'm saying is, as it stands today, America has no authoritarian leaders who have the heart or resolve to proactively and systematically kill 7 million Palestinians. There is a reason why Ajax posted on Stormfront. Yes, he would agree to such an atrocity, but he doesn't have a leader at this time available to fulfill his sick fantasies.

Ajax says insanity is repeating the same thing over and over again. It's as if he didn't read the end to Hitler's story.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Dr Exiled wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 1:31 pm
ajax18 wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:15 pm

I'd rather they get rid of the Palestinians than to keep repeating this chain of events every five years forever. How is Israel supposed to negotiate with someone whose terms are the extermination of all Jews? Meet them halfway by letting them kill half the Jews? I doubt that would even be enough to satisfy the Palestinians. It hasn't been for over 70 years.
You aren't thinking this through. What happens after the Palestinians are exterminated under the latest iteration of a "final solution?" Will it be final when there are powerful Muslim countries surrounding Israel? Will the US continue to support a country bent on genocide? How will Israel survive if the world abandons it? God, if it exists, doesn't have anything to do with this.
Maybe you're right. I'm just talking freely as a thought exercise. Right now, I just don't see how any of this ends without one side being exterminated. Nobody is asking to exterminate the Palestinians, including me. Israel just wants to exterminate Hamas. On the other hand, many and likely a majority of Palestinians do want to exterminate the Jews and have indoctrinated their young people to believe this way for many years now. And unlike me, they have the leadership who campaign on and push for such a genocide. Do you not think they mean what they say when they chant Death to Israel, Death to America? It's as if you forgot about the 1400 people who were murdered on October 7.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Apparently the US (us) is deploying 900 trips to the ME. I didn't read the article. I'm putting my head squarely in the sand and keeping it there until I can mentally deal with it.

Which could be never at this point.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Gadianton wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 1:39 pm
I don't think he has any options at the level of Hitler available right now. The American authoritarian leaders we have are not at that level. Will they be one day? Maybe. But as it stands, most of them -- Trump, DeSantis etc., have no real values, they are totally corrupt. Corruption isn't 100% bad. Worse than corrupt, is the straight-laced ideologue -- Amy Coney Barratt scares me more than Thomas. But she's no Hitler. DeSantis, despite his publicity stunts, isn't Hitler either. Would Trump murder to expand his power? In that past, I'd say no, but facing prison, almost certainly. However, left to his own devices, he doesn't care what happens in the world he just wants his face on TV and have a good life for himself while he drops talking points that stupid people (such as at least one person posting on this thread) fall for. That's not like Hitler who may have been willing to put his own discomfort on the line for his ideology.

What I'm saying is, as it stands today, America has no authoritarian leaders who have the heart or resolve to proactively and systematically kill 7 million Palestinians. There is a reason why Ajax posted on Stormfront. Yes, he would agree to such an atrocity, but he doesn't have a leader at this time available to fulfill his sick fantasies.

Ajax says insanity is repeating the same thing over and over again. It's as if he didn't read the end to Hitler's story.
I dunno. Does it really require a Hitler to get us into a place where mass murder is a possibility? The venomous hatred both sides of the political spectrum harbor toward each other makes me doubt it. What you need is a person who lacks the scruples not to take advantage of harnessing that hatred for their own benefit. I think that is a much bigger danger on the right because their sense of apocalyptic victimhood is off the charts. Someone might let them have what they want by purging the wicked much like Daybell and Vallow got rid of those poor kids.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Kishkumen wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 8:38 pm
Gadianton wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 1:39 pm

I dunno. Does it really require a Hitler to get us into a place where mass murder is a possibility? The venomous hatred both sides of the political spectrum harbor toward each other makes me doubt it. What you need is a person who lacks the scruples not to take advantage of harnessing that hatred for their own benefit. I think that is a much bigger danger on the right because their sense of apocalyptic victimhood is off the charts. Someone might let them have what they want by purging the wicked much like Daybell and Vallow got rid of those poor kids.
I'd suggest that there are several such persons, all in the media.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Gunnar wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:47 am
ajax18 wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:09 am
Insanity is doing the same thing repeatedly and expecting a different result. I'm not the one advocating this course of action.
Do you even think Hamas is as intolerant and genocidal as Adolf Hitler? They just mercilessly killed 1400 Jews for no other reason than being Jewish. Why do Muslims get a pass on being violently antisemitic in your world view? Germany long ago outlawed antisemitic speech to keep the holocaust from ever happening again. Unfortunately, they only appear to have outlawed it for native Germans and made an exception for Muslim immigrants in the name of cultural diversity and racial sensitivity. Muslims continue to indoctrinate their children in antisemitism right now, in addition to building up armies and nuclear weapons right now for the singular purpose of killing Jews and killing Americans and yet all you can talk about is Adolf Hitler?
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

ajax18 wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 11:33 pm
They just mercilessly killed 1400 Jews for no other reason than being Jewish.
-_- :roll:
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

ajax18 wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 11:33 pm
Gunnar wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:47 am
Do you even think Hamas is as intolerant and genocidal as Adolf Hitler? They just mercilessly killed 1400 Jews for no other reason than being Jewish. Why do Muslims get a pass on being violently antisemitic in your world view? Germany long ago outlawed antisemitic speech to keep the holocaust from ever happening again. Unfortunately, they only appear to have outlawed it for native Germans and made an exception for Muslim immigrants in the name of cultural diversity and racial sensitivity. Muslims continue to indoctrinate their children in antisemitism right now, in addition to building up armies and nuclear weapons right now for the singular purpose of killing Jews and killing Americans and yet all you can talk about is Adolf Hitler?
There is no doubt that Hamas is a terrible, despotic organization, that overall, harms Palestinians far more than it helps them. But, believe it or not, not all Muslims, and not even all Palestinians, are hellbent on killing Jews and Americans. More importantly, though, there are a lot of innocent Palestinians who merely want to be able to live normal, safe and prosperous lives. They are unfairly treated by both the current government of Israel and by their own leaders (and almost everyone else, for that matter). Genocide of Palestinians is every bit as evil as Hitler's attempted genocide of Jews and other groups he despised. Ultra conservative Jewish leaders who seem determined to destroy and demonize all Palestinians are very nearly as bad as Hitler, as far as I'm concerned!

Besides all that, not all Palestinians are Muslim. A significant proportion of them are Christians or other non-Muslim religions. The vast majority of them don't deserve the deprivation they are forced to endure every day, and it is probably true that no one is less genuinely concerned about substantially helping them improve their lot than Hamas.

I don't believe for even a minute that Jesus Christ would approve of the way Israel treats Palestinians in general. Do you?
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.