Israel

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Doctor Steuss
God

Re: Israel

Post by Doctor Steuss »

ajax18 wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2023 6:09 pm
Doctor Steuss wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2023 5:03 pm
Putting aside the fact that the same precision guided munitions, satellite imagery, and drone capabilities of modern conflicts not being around in World War II -- was the child to military casualty ratio more than 1:1?
An atomic bomb dropped on Japan probably killed quite a few children. Like Hamas, Japan refused to surrender.
And today's False Equivalency Award goes to...
Morley
God
Location: Gotta love this 1794 woodcut portrait by Toshusai Sharaku.

Post by Morley »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:43 pm
In what modern conflict, other than this one, would that math even begin to be acceptable to the global community?
Dr. Shades wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2023 8:26 am
World War II.
The majority of the civilian casualties in WWII were in Russia, Ukraine, and China, and were caused by the Axis powers. And the math, even then, was not deemed acceptable by the larger global community.
yellowstone123
1st Counselor

Post by yellowstone123 »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2023 3:45 am
AIPAC just got Congress, Congress!, to equate anti-zionism with antisemitism. Wow. This is bananas. I’m sobered. Shocked. I dunno, I feel like this is an alt-reality right now.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023/12/ ... resolution

This isn’t a baby step toward curbing free speech, it’s one helluva jump toward it.

- Doc
Thanks, Doc. I periodically look at aljazeera. It’s important to get news from many sources. I also check the Caucasian Knot for issues on Armenia.
“one of the important things for anybody in power is to distinguish between what you have the right to do and what is right to do." Potter Stewart, associate justice of the Supreme Court - 1958 to 1981.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

What if marched through Harvard with David Duke shouting death to all Jews, wrote Oppressor and Invader over their hostage photos, assaulted Jewish students, and harassed them at the library with a megaphone. Do you think they'd let me continue my studies at Harvard? Or what if I did that to black people? What if I preached, "Homosexuality is an abomination." Don't pretend like liberals believe in free speech. Obviously, none of that diversity, equity, nor inclusion applies to Jews unless of course a native born American white man says something politically incorrect, like I choose not to do business with Jews. That's a very different context.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Morley
God
Location: Gotta love this 1794 woodcut portrait by Toshusai Sharaku.

Post by Morley »

ajax18 wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2023 2:09 pm
What if marched through Harvard with David Duke shouting death to all Jews, wrote Oppressor and Invader over their hostage photos, assaulted Jewish students, and harassed them at the library with a megaphone. Do you think they'd let me continue my studies at Harvard? Or what if I did that to black people? What if I preached, "Homosexuality is an abomination." Don't pretend like liberals believe in free speech. Obviously, none of that diversity, equity, nor inclusion applies to Jews unless of course a native born American white man says something politically incorrect, like I choose not to do business with Jews. That's a very different context.
Ajax, reading through this a few times, I still can't make head nor tails out of what you're saying here. It looks like you hit all of your imaginary tormentor talking points, though: Harvard. Liberals. Jews. Black people. Homosexuals. All hurtin' on the poor, persecuted, white, native-born optometrists of America.
dantana
2nd Counselor
Location: Joined 7/18/11, so, apparently, position of senior ranking member.

Post by dantana »

One might say that it seems that the majority of poster on this thread incline toward - Pali's oppressed. Pali's good. Isra's knee-cap Pali's for fun. Isra's bad. And almost to the point of racial profiling the all.

Another might say - It's not the people, it's the few. The leaders. Which someone else might say - but, don't the people elect, install and support the leaders? Which might cause me to say - we elected fuckface-von-clownstick didn't we. The least qualified human on the planet to be running a government.

Where am I going with this? Nowhere. Other than just to say. We're basically all fuuked. For some reason the crud rises to the top instead of the cream and wants to be our governors. It's been said by more than a few that Netanyahu is a Trump clone.

Anyway, PG noted that the country of Israel is close to half wasteland. Too bad they can't figure out how to get some water on that to make it more useable. Maybe then there may actually be enough room for two states. They would have to leave their gods at home though. Those two guys can't even be on the same planet together let alone the same little spit of land. Oh wait, they're the same guy.
Nobody gets to be a cowboy forever. - Lee Marvin/Monte Walsh
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

ajax18 wrote:
What if marched through Harvard with David Duke shouting death to all Jews [..]
So, a pro-Trump Unite the Right rally?
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Morley wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2023 3:55 pm
ajax18 wrote:
Ajax, reading through this a few times, I still can't make head nor tails out of what you're saying here. It looks like you hit all of your imaginary tormentor talking points, though: Harvard. Liberals. Jews. Black people. Homosexuals. All hurtin' on the poor, persecuted, white, native-born optometrists of America.
+1

These people live in their heads and act like it happened. SFMY.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Morley wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2023 3:55 pm
ajax18 wrote:
Apparently in the Ivy League, diversity, equity, and inclusion applies to all people except Jews. It has to. Democrats would lose to many votes if it were enforce objectively for all people.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

I wonder what a certain member of Harvard's board was doing speaking at the Temple Beth Elohim conference on Jewish Advocacy During pandemics. They must not have gotten the newest memo about Jews and Ivy League schools. We'll also just ignore the fact that the Provost of Harvard (y'know, the person who oversees University-wide policies and practices) is Jewish.

From "the Jews control higher education" to "higher education doesn't care about Jews" in the twinkling of an eye.

I guess the best conspiracy theories are those of convenience.