Israel

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Jersey Girl
God

Re: Israel

Post by Jersey Girl »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 1:01 pm
Jersey Girl wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 3:14 am

Only a scriptural illiterate Christian or complete hypocrite would think that.
Try steelmanning my position, it’ll be more persuasive than poisoning the well.

- Doc
Wait. You want me to steelman the word "Yes"?
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 4:26 am
Can I ask a possibly stupid question? Why didn't Israel know that this attack was gearing up to happen? They don't have an intelligence agency? Like what's the IDF for? They don't have military intelligence?
You wouldn't be the first to ask this question. I haven't heard a good answer yet either. Let me know if you ever get a straight answer.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2023 11:51 pm
The New York Post (NY Post) is an American conservative[2] daily tabloid newspaper published in New York City. The Post also operates NYPost.com,[4] the celebrity gossip site PageSix.com, and the entertainment site Decider.com.
Ajax, are you denying that Palestinians have the "...right to resist 75 years of occupation and apartheid?"

Based on what I have seen of your posting history, you probably are denying that. You apparently wish to see segregation (apartheid) reestablished in this country as well.

I love this country and all that it purports to stand for, but I am greatly saddened by the stubborn streak of bigotry and intolerance that has still not been entirely eradicated from our society, and tragically seems to undergoing a resurgence since the advent of Trump and his MAGA, hard right, conservative supporters and sycophants. :cry:
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Kishkumen wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 5:24 pm
I guess crowding millions of people into a few square miles and denying them basic human necessities isn't working out so well.
Especially not for Palestinians, obviously. I can't help but believe that both Israelis and Palestinians would benefit greatly from ending the harsh occupation and apartheid policies and instead learning to get along with each other and ending the mutual hatred and animosity between them. There are humane and intelligent people on both sides pushing for that. I wish there were more like them and hope their number will grow enough to make that happen -- the sooner the better! Instead, there are too many influential, selfish and/or ignorant leaders who insist on maintaining and even increasing the oppression and denying of those basic human necessities. :cry:
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

Gunnar wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 9:40 pm
Kishkumen wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 5:24 pm
I guess crowding millions of people into a few square miles and denying them basic human necessities isn't working out so well.
Especially not for Palestinians, obviously. I can't help but believe that both Israelis and Palestinians would benefit from ending the harsh occupation and apartheid policies and learning to get along with each other and ending the mutual hatred and animosity between them. There are humane and intelligent people on both sides pushing for that. I wish there were more like them and hope their number will grow enough to make that happen -- the sooner the better! Instead, there are too many influential, selfish and/or ignorant leaders who insist on maintaining and even increasing the oppression and denying of those basic human necessities. :cry:
Israel just shut off their water and power in anticipation of a ground war. Will there be a Palestinian left? Hamas made a stupid move and the poor civilians will now suffer. Did they think of the moves Israel would undoutedly make after their raids? I guess Israel will get its wish of more settlements after the slaughter. Maybe Iran and Syria could be next? Reminds me of some old testament slaughters "god" supposedly commanded.
Myth is misused by the powerful to subjugate the masses all too often.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Dr Exiled wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 10:15 pm
Gunnar wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 9:40 pm
Especially not for Palestinians, obviously. I can't help but believe that both Israelis and Palestinians would benefit from ending the harsh occupation and apartheid policies and learning to get along with each other and ending the mutual hatred and animosity between them. There are humane and intelligent people on both sides pushing for that. I wish there were more like them and hope their number will grow enough to make that happen -- the sooner the better! Instead, there are too many influential, selfish and/or ignorant leaders who insist on maintaining and even increasing the oppression and denying of those basic human necessities. :cry:
Israel just shut off their water and power in anticipation of a ground war. Will there be a Palestinian left? Hamas made a stupid move and the poor civilians will now suffer. Did they think of the moves Israel would undoutedly make after their raids? I guess Israel will get its wish of more settlements after the slaughter. Maybe Iran and Syria could be next? Reminds me of some old testament slaughters "god" supposedly commanded.
Sometimes it is hard to decide who is the most to blame for the Palestinians' miseries -- their own leaders and supporters or Israeli policies and actions toward them.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Gunnar wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 10:45 pm
Dr Exiled wrote:
Sometimes it is hard to decide who is the most to blame for the Palestinians' miseries -- their own leaders and supporters or Israeli policies and actions toward them.
That's decided by the sympathies of your constituents in a democracy. See how well democracy works.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Gunnar wrote:
Dr Exiled wrote:
Great Britain is to blame.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Vēritās wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 11:57 pm
Gunnar wrote:
Great Britain is to blame.
I don't dispute that Great Britain does indeed deserve a lot of the blame.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Ajax, are you denying that Palestinians have the "...right to resist 75 years of occupation and apartheid?"
The Confederates could have carried on guerrilla war against an enemy they were not strong enough to face in conventional combat, but General Lee viewed this tactic as dishonorable. Sure I guess the Palestinians have a right to resist. But in my mind after doing something like this, the Jews have every right to exterminate them at this point. It's hard for me to know the mind of God. When will He turn the other cheek and allow his people to be slain as martyrs? And when will He order the floods to come down and destroy nearly every wicked person and start over? Perhaps none of us will know until we arrive at the other side and are judged, not by history nor popular opinion, but by God.