Israel

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
ajax18
God

Re: Israel

Post by ajax18 »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:21 pm
I wonder what a certain member of Harvard's board was doing speaking at the Temple Beth Elohim conference on Jewish Advocacy During pandemics. They must not have gotten the newest memo about Jews and Ivy League schools. We'll also just ignore the fact that the Provost of Harvard (y'know, the person who oversees University-wide policies and practices) is Jewish.

From "the Jews control higher education" to "higher education doesn't care about Jews" in the twinkling of an eye.

I guess the best conspiracy theories are those of convenience.
How come you're only willing to shout about antisemitism when it comes from far right white rubes? Why do the Arabs get a pass from you? They've tortured, raped, and killed far more Jews around the world than David Duke ever did. Who do you think indoctrinates more children into antisemitism, white nationalists or Arab nationalists?
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

ajax18 wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2023 9:40 pm
How come you're only willing to shout about antisemitism when it comes from far right white rubes? Why do the Arabs get a pass from you? They've tortured, raped, and killed far more Jews around the world than David Duke ever did. Who do you think indoctrinates more children into antisemitism, white nationalists or Arab nationalists?
They don't get a pass. If you didn't have a penchant for selective reading and memory, you'd recall that I condemned Hamas in this very thread. In other threads in the past, I've also talked about the troubling antisemitism found within some leftist institutions, and particularly in some subsets of black America.

If there were Arabs participating in this thread, who had a history of advancing antisemitism (or trying to whatabout it), I'd be shouting about it louder and more often. Instead, on this thread, is at least one individual with an affinity for a political party with a history of advancing antisemitic conspiracies, elected a President who was endorsed by the American Nazi Party (!!!!!!), and has members in the Senate and Congress who actively support and advance antisemitism.

Speaking of killing Jews, perhaps you'd like to do an accounting of terrorist attacks targeting Jews on American soil. I'll give you a spoiler alert. Far more have been committed by right-wing white men, than any Arabs.

Since we're playing the "how come" game: How come you're only willing to shout about antisemitism when it comes from brown people?
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Since we're playing the "how come" game: How come you're only willing to shout about antisemitism when it comes from brown people?
Give me an example of WASP right wing antisemetic violence in the news cycle now that I should be talking about? I'm talking about Jewish students in the Ivy league being harassed and assaulted by American left Hamas supporters right now with the blessing of the administration.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

ajax18 wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2023 9:40 pm
Who do you think indoctrinates more children into antisemitism, white nationalists or Arab nationalists?
White Nationalists by a mile.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

ajax18 wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:43 pm
Give me an example of WASP right wing antisemetic violence in the news cycle now that I should be talking about? I'm talking about Jewish students in the Ivy league being harassed and assaulted by American left Hamas supporters right now with the blessing of the administration.
There are no "HAMAS supporters" in the American "Left." You idiots are so easily manipulated. A few facts the idiots will never get straight no matter how hard you try to pound it home:

1. Protests at universities are about condemning the slaughter of Palestinians paid for by our tax dollars.

2. The phrase "free from the river to the sea" doesn't mean kill all Jews, it means freedom from Jewish supremacy.

3. Anti-Zionism isn't Anti-Semitism.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2023 5:03 pm
Dr. Shades wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2023 8:26 am
World War II.
Putting aside the fact that the same precision guided munitions, satellite imagery, and drone capabilities of modern conflicts not being around in World War II -- was the child to military casualty ratio more than 1:1?
Probably not in the war at large, but it was most assuredly more than that in the cities that were bombed. . . by both sides.
Morley wrote:The majority of the civilian casualties in WWII were in Russia, Ukraine, and China, and were caused by the Axis powers. And the math, even then, was not deemed acceptable by the larger global community.
Yes, but there were plenty of civilian casualties in German and Japanese cities that were caused by the Allied Powers. The math, those times, was magically deemed acceptable by the larger global community.
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2023 5:04 am
Doctor Steuss wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2023 5:03 pm
Putting aside the fact that the same precision guided munitions, satellite imagery, and drone capabilities of modern conflicts not being around in World War II -- was the child to military casualty ratio more than 1:1?
Probably not in the war at large, but it was most assuredly more than that in the cities that were bombed. . . by both sides.
Morley wrote:The majority of the civilian casualties in WWII were in Russia, Ukraine, and China, and were caused by the Axis powers. And the math, even then, was not deemed acceptable by the larger global community.
Yes, but there were plenty of civilian casualties in German and Japanese cities that were caused by the Allied Powers. The math, those times, was magically deemed acceptable by the larger global community.
There was far more at stake. Civilians were not targeted, military complexes and manufacturing plants were. Smart bombs didn't exist 80 years ago, and the threat to the world posed by Germany was far greater than anything a handful of impoverished bandits with cheap rockets could ever hope to present to Israel. Allied forces during WWII didn't run through civilian homes of Germany raping the women and murdering the children for sport as the IDF does in the West Bank.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Vēritās wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2023 12:21 am
Dr. Shades wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2023 5:04 am

There was far more at stake. Civilians were not targeted, military complexes and manufacturing plants were. Smart bombs didn't exist 80 years ago, and the threat to the world posed by Germany was far greater than anything a handful of impoverished bandits with cheap rockets could ever hope to present to Israel. Allied forces during WWII didn't run through civilian homes of Germany raping the women and murdering the children for sport as the IDF does in the West Bank.
Mr. Vonnegut might disagree you with along with people in Tokyo and Dresden, Cologne, Essen, Dortmund, Hanover, Nuremberg, Chemnitz, and so on.

Also, the Soviet Union raped millions of European women and, according to wiki, ~2M German women. It was pretty brutal, Veritas. And so it goes.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2023 1:09 am
Vēritās wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2023 12:21 am
Mr. Vonnegut might disagree you with along with people in Tokyo and Dresden, Cologne, Essen, Dortmund, Hanover, Nuremberg, Chemnitz, and so on.

Also, the Soviet Union raped millions of European women and, according to wiki, ~2M German women. It was pretty brutal, Veritas. And so it goes.

- Doc
Point taken. I was thinking more along the lines of US involvement in Europe. But I doubt the international community viewed the raping of women acceptable, and I doubt it was even common knowledge until many years after the war ended. Today's technology allows us to get news on the other side of the planet in real time and that makes it easier for immediate outrage and disapproval/approval.
Bret Ripley
2nd Counselor

Post by Bret Ripley »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2023 1:09 am
Mr. Vonnegut might disagree ... And so it goes.
Well played, sir.