Israel

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Vēritās
God

Re: Israel

Post by Vēritās »

Nomomo wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:33 am
“F” Israel. I'm sick of their war criminal asses.
Agreed. Israel is a terrorist state. I watch these apologists in the news try to defend their actions and the mental gymnastics and flat out dishonesty rivals the extreme bias we see even from FOX News. I don't know how these people sleep at night.

People trying to use scripture to defend Israel don't even deserve to be responded to, because that's how effin stupid they are.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
yellowstone123
Bishop

Post by yellowstone123 »

Vēritās wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 2:07 pm
Nomomo wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:33 am
“F” Israel. I'm sick of their war criminal asses.
Agreed. Israel is a terrorist state. I watch these apologists in the news try to defend their actions and the mental gymnastics and flat out dishonesty rivals the extreme bias we see even from FOX News. I don't know how these people sleep at night.

People trying to use scripture to defend Israel don't even deserve to be responded to, because that's how effin stupid they are.
You don't have to use scriptures at all.

I think the fringe of any party left or right could be called terrorist, but not Israel today. Instead of using small Thermonuclear weapons on those in southern Lebanon or the Gaza, they built the Iron Dome to neutralise the rockets fired at civilians, both Arab and Israeli in Israel. They have taken the Gaza from Arabs and the Sinai from Egypt many times only to give it back for peace. All these things are modern facts.
“one of the important things for anybody in power is to distinguish between what you have the right to do and what is right to do." Potter Stewart, associate justice of the Supreme Court - 1958 to 1981.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

yellowstone123 wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 5:13 pm
Vēritās wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 2:07 pm

You don't have to use scriptures at all.

I think the fringe of any party left or right could be called terrorist, but not Israel today. Instead of using small Thermonuclear weapons on those in southern Lebanon or the Gaza, they built the Iron Dome to neutralise the rockets fired at civilians, both Arab and Israeli in Israel. They have taken the Gaza from Arabs and the Sinai from Egypt many times only to give it back for peace. All these things are modern facts.
You have to be a real piece of samsonite to believe Israel has been peaceful with the Palestinians or that they want peace. They've been illegally arresting and murdering them for decades while stealing their property and keeping them hostage in what can only be described as an open air prison. And it all goes mostly unnoticed by the West because it isn't in our interest to hear about it because we don't want to hear about how we're facilitating and enabling it all. Israel is never held accountable for crap, and that in and of itself is complete BS. Right now they're knowingly slaughtering and starving tens of thousands of women and children and they're doing it with a smile on their face, pretending they give a crap about saving hostages that they've likely already killed themselves. That's terrorism.

The USS Liberty ordeal says it all for me. Israel knew full well it was a US Navy ship and they attacked it anyway in multiple runs, killing dozens of sailors and causing more than 170 casualties. It was only after the Liberty was able to get off an SOS call beyond their jamming that suddenly Israel is heard on the airwaves saying, "Oh our Bad." Our own government took the side of Israel over our dead soldiers and even to this day there is no accountability.

One commentator recently described Israel as a spoiled child that nobody has ever been able to say no to, and the result is that it grows up to become psychopath. That's perfectly said too.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

yellowstone123 wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:07 am
Israel came in and struck Iran with technology that stunned and scared the religious leaders in Iran. Iran now has no plans to retaliate likely because they feared the same technology would be used and at an even greater scale. Israel gave them a taste of what they could do.

Israel has only wanted peace, but when they wage war they win it quickly not like the USA: ten years Vietnam. 20 years Afghanistan. Israel knows their objectives and they carry it out.

They actually have the power to take the whole Middle East - from the Nile River to the Euphrates but that's not what they want. They say leave us alone and let us live our lives. Israel has actually conquered and controlled the Gaza and the Sinai Peninsula two or three times and gave it back because the Arabs promised peace for land which they broke over and over and over. Israel will likely create a mile wide zone between Israel and Gaza where anyone found inside will be instantly vaporized by lasers. No rockets will be fired again from the Gaza area because no government that allows such will be allowed to govern the area.

For Jersey Girl:

What is the river of Egypt in Genesis 15 18?

In defining this Promised Land, God begins at the southern border with the "river of Egypt," which many scholars identify as the Wadi el-Arish River, not the Nile. The northern border would be the great Euphrates River.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brook_of_ ... :Gerar.jpg

https://www.bibleref.com/Genesis/15/Gen ... es%20River.

But who knows:

https://biblehub.com/commentaries/genesis/15-18.htm
Just saw this. Listen, it's been a week and my brain is fried. I think I actually addressed this earlier in the thread. It's not the Nile.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Roland Martin does a great job exposing today's media for pushing this pro-Israel narrative.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i63gYmDPj5Q&t=735s

Turns out the agitators at these colleges aren't the pro-Palestinian protesters, it is the outsiders coming to start trouble. We saw the same thing with the BLM protests. Violence only began with the counter-protesters.

CNN drops the ball and completely gives into the narrative.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Vēritās wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 12:42 pm
Roland Martin does a great job exposing today's media for pushing this pro-Israel narrative.

Turns out the agitators at these colleges aren't the pro-Palestinian protesters, it is the outsiders coming to start trouble. We saw the same thing with the BLM protests. Violence only began with the counter-protesters.

Since my daughter is in her first year of college and feels strongly about the plight of the Palestinian people, I have been more than usually concerned and tuned into the protest events on our campuses in Florida. I was greatly angered to see the police of her campus refer to the defensive tactics of the protestors as evidence of their threatening intent. In other words, if the protestors fortified themselves against the violence of police and counter-protestors, that was the excuse for dispersing the protestors with militarized police using tear gas.

It is criminal how poorly law enforcement and university administrations have dealt with these protests.
“The past no longer belongs only to those who once lived it; the past belongs to those who claim it, and are willing to
explore it, and to infuse it with meaning for those alive today.”—Margaret Atwood
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Kishkumen wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 5:27 pm
Vēritās wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 12:42 pm

Since my daughter is in her first year of college and feels strongly about the plight of the Palestinian people, I have been more than usually concerned and tuned into the protest events on our campuses in Florida. I was greatly angered to see the police of her campus refer to the defensive tactics of the protestors as evidence of their threatening intent. In other words, if the protestors fortified themselves against the violence of police and counter-protestors, that was the excuse for dispersing the protestors with militarized police using tear gas.

It is criminal how poorly law enforcement and university administrations have dealt with these protests.
I'd say, too, that our society as a whole has become increasingly combative.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Dwight
Teacher

Post by Dwight »

Kishkumen wrote:
In other words, if the protestors fortified themselves against the violence of police and counter-protestors, that was the excuse for dispersing the protestors with militarized police using tear gas.
I saw a funny quip. I guess a NYPD spokesperson or captain said something about how they must be getting training from somewhere to have learned to barricade themselves in so well. The person highlighting it pointed out that these kids first got trained by their elementary school teachers as part of active shooter drills.
High Spy
1st Quorum of 70

Post by High Spy »

Dwight wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 8:51 am
Kishkumen wrote:
In other words, if the protestors fortified themselves against the violence of police and counter-protestors, that was the excuse for dispersing the protestors with militarized police using tear gas.
I saw a funny quip. I guess a NYPD spokesperson or captain said something about how they must be getting training from somewhere to have learned to barricade themselves in so well. The person highlighting it pointed out that these kids first got trained by their elementary school teachers as part of active shooter drills.
Mandatory Active Shooter CBI Training also trains the active shooters. :roll:
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Dwight wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 8:51 am
The world created by the NRA and the GOP. Two groups that believe trans people are much more frightening than terrorists.
“The past no longer belongs only to those who once lived it; the past belongs to those who claim it, and are willing to
explore it, and to infuse it with meaning for those alive today.”—Margaret Atwood