Book recommend on the historical rise of Rabbinic Judaism, please

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
huckelberry
God

Re: Book recommend on the historical rise of Rabbinic Judaism, please

Post by huckelberry »

Jersey Girl, I am glad Philo provided specific reference like you request instead of my comments. I was puzzled by your request. It sounded like you had encountered some specific ideas about changes in scripture. I was curious as to what you were thinking of. I have no reason to think you did not already understand the general observations I mentioned.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 5:50 am
Kerr do you understand the following to be true or inaccurate?
In 70 CE, at the height of the First Jewish–Roman War, the Second Temple was destroyed by the Roman army led by Titus during the siege of Jerusalem.[a] The destruction of the Second Temple was a cataclysmic and transformative point in Jewish history,[4] and led to the development of Rabbinic Judaism as the primary form of religious practice among Jews worldwide.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Te ... d's_Temple
Yes, the sentiment expressed in the statement is historically valid. In 70 CE, during the First Jewish-Roman War, the Roman army, led by Titus, besieged and ultimately destroyed the Second Temple in Jerusalem. This event is a crucial and transformative point in Jewish history.

The destruction of the Second Temple had significant implications for Judaism. It led to the development of Rabbinic Judaism as the primary form of religious practice among Jews worldwide. With the loss of the central place of worship, the focus shifted to synagogues and the authority of rabbis in interpreting and guiding Jewish religious life. This shift is often referred to as the transition from the Second Temple Judaism to Rabbinic Judaism.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

How are the Jewish folks living in Israel not keeping the Torah currently?
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Kerr thank you. I'm going to start throwing out what will seem like random questions as I just did above.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!