Donald Trump Really, Really Hates Mitt Romney

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Gunnar
God

Re: Donald Trump Really, Really Hates Mitt Romney

Post by Gunnar »

Kishkumen wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 12:40 pm
Gunnar wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 7:35 am
Even if the percentage of Americans who support Trump were as low as 10%, I would find that disheartening and dismaying. Even believing in the flat earth theory would not be dumber than that! I know that at least some Trump supporters do actually believe that, and I would not be greatly surprised to find that nearly half of them do, or even that Trump himself does, or would at least claim he does if he thought it would gain him some votes.
Trump claims to believe whatever is in his self interest.
Yes! This is so glaringly obvious by now, that it continually amazes me how many people still can't see that (or, at least, pretend not to see that).
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Father Francis
Bishop

Post by Father Francis »

Gunnar wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 7:35 am
Even if the percentage of Americans who support Trump were as low as 10%, I would find that disheartening and dismaying. Even believing in the flat earth theory would not be dumber than that! I know that at least some Trump supporters do actually believe that, and I would not be greatly surprised to find that nearly half of them do, or even that Trump himself does, or would at least claim he does if he thought it would gain him some votes.
I once knew a respiratory therapist who believed in a flat Earth and lizard people. He also believed that the 2020 Salt Lake earthquake was caused by the Deep State. He was a Trump supporter. One day he came to work with an obvious severe respiratory infection. His eyes were red, he was congested and coughing. I asked if he had seen a doctor. He said "Hell no! I don't believe in that medical science BS!"
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Father Francis wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2023 5:32 am
I once knew a respiratory therapist who believed in a flat Earth and lizard people. He also believed that the 2020 Salt Lake earthquake was caused by the Deep State. He was a Trump supporter. One day he came to work with an obvious severe respiratory infection. His eyes were red, he was congested and coughing. I asked if he had seen a doctor. He said "Hell no! I don't believe in that medical science BS!"
Incredible! Was he still able to retain his position as a respiratory therapist even after that?
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Father Francis
Bishop

Post by Father Francis »

Gunnar wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2023 9:45 pm
Father Francis wrote:
Incredible! Was he still able to retain his position as a respiratory therapist even after that?
Yes. He's still a practicing RT as far as I know. He quit a couple years ago to work on a pediatric unit in another state. He said he was sick of working with adults because they are to blame for their own poor health, whereas kids are innocent.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Father Francis wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2023 9:59 pm
Yes. He's still a practicing RT as far as I know. He quit a couple years ago to work on a pediatric unit in another state. He said he was sick of working with adults because they are to blame for their own poor health, whereas kids are innocent.
Based on what you wrote about him, it seems that he is himself one of those adults who "are to blame for their own poor health."
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Father Francis wrote:
People never cease to amaze me.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow