Project 2025 - Dangerous Plans For Altering Our Government

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Nomomo
Priest

Re: Project 2025 - Dangerous Plans For Altering Our Government

Post by Nomomo »

Gunnar wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2023 8:14 am
Dr. Shades wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2023 7:59 am
Oh, come ON! This whole thing reeks of a lame conspiracy theory. Donald Trump is hardly far-sighted enough to come up with a sweeping plan like this.
Maybe Trump himself isn't, but I don't think it unreasonable to conclude that many of his most prominent supporters and enablers have precisely that in mind, and see him as a useful idiot or tool to help accomplish it.
Exactly!
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Oh, come ON! This whole thing reeks of a lame conspiracy theory. Donald Trump is hardly far-sighted enough to come up with a sweeping plan like this.
The project is created by the Heritage Foundation. It has its own website. https://www.project2025.org You can read the plan, which is presented in excruciating detail. The Foundation boasts that Trump enacted 3/4 of the recommendations it made at the time during his term as president.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2023 2:47 pm
You can read the plan, which is presented in excruciating detail.
Hey, Res. Got a link to the plan details? I dropped in on the site and did a light search through the menus and obvious links and found nothing but broad/vague descriptions. I’d heard of Project 2025 a few months back and was curious about seeing how serious these folks are about their aims.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

canpakes wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2023 3:03 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2023 2:47 pm
You can read the plan, which is presented in excruciating detail.
Hey, Res. Got a link to the plan details? I dropped in on the site and did a light search through the menus and obvious links and found nothing but broad/vague descriptions. I’d heard of Project 2025 a few months back and was curious about seeing how serious these folks are about their aims.
Here you go. https://thf_media.s3.amazonaws.com/project2025/2025_MandateForLeadership_FULL.pdf
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Nomomo
Priest

Post by Nomomo »

Deleted
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2023 3:41 pm
canpakes wrote:
Here you go. https://thf_media.s3.amazonaws.com/project2025/2025_MandateForLeadership_FULL.pdf
Page 3 is the money shot with follow-on pages fleshing out the points. If they succeed we’ll be Brazil very quickly. Wild. Instead of emulating happy countries like Norway, we look to become a country where .01% suck up the wealth along with virtually no middle class.

eta - as an aside, technocrat Peter Thiel, who supported Trump in an attempt to dismantle the “administrative state” is backing away from politics because, basically, he lost faith in democracy:

https://cc.bingj.com/cache.aspx?q=peter ... F2Z812aNO1

I recommend reading The Atlantic article in full.

- Doc
Last edited by Doctor CamNC4Me on Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2023 3:41 pm
canpakes wrote:
Thanks. I’ll don a hazmat suit before opening the link.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Dr. Shades wrote:
You're right, he couldn't come up with a plan like that. But he's smart and shifty enough to kiss the behind of anyone whose agenda he thinks will lead to empowering and further enriching him.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!