Shots fired…

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Chap
God

Re: Shots fired…

Post by Chap »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2023 5:13 pm
I don't know the answer, but after watching millions and millions of dollars go down the drain trying to attack the gun violence problem by restricting gun ownership, I'd like to see serious pursuit of other approaches.
I have to admit that so far as this problem is concerned, Americans seem to be in a situation like that of the legendary visitor to the Irish countryside who asked the way to Ballyduff, only to see the person he asked shaking his head and furrowing his brow before saying "Well, if I wanted to get there, I wouldn't start from here"!

Good luck with that.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
Res Ipsa
God

Re: Shots fired…

Post by Res Ipsa »

Chap wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2023 5:27 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2023 5:13 pm
I don't know the answer, but after watching millions and millions of dollars go down the drain trying to attack the gun violence problem by restricting gun ownership, I'd like to see serious pursuit of other approaches.
I have to admit that so far as this problem is concerned, Americans seem to be in a situation like that of the legendary visitor to the Irish countryside who asked the way to Ballyduff, only to see the person he asked shaking his head and furrowing his brow before saying "Well, if I wanted to get there, I wouldn't start from here"!

Good luck with that.
Perfect. And we need all the luck we can find (as opposed to luck we deserve).
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.