Shots fired…

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Res Ipsa
God

Shots fired…

Post by Res Ipsa »

… in front of my office building as I was packing up to head home. After 15 minutes, it looked okay, so I beat feet away from the flashing lights to the light rail station.

Police eventually Xitted;
Seattle Police Dept.
@SeattlePD
Police are investigating a shooting near the intersection of 4th Avenue and Union Street. No victims have been located and a suspect is in custody. Please avoid the area.
Luckily, I’m meeting a friend for a beer on my way home. Way too much excitement for this kid.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Kishkumen
God

Re: Shots fired…

Post by Kishkumen »

I am glad you are safe! I hope no one was hurt, and, if someone was, that they get the appropriate medical care and heal quickly. There is too much gun violence in this country!
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Good grief, RI! What a shock that must've been. Hope the beer settles you down. Do we need to pass the hat for a bullet proof vest for you? Just say the word!
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Kishkumen wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2023 2:03 am
There is too much gun violence in this country!
Amen! The whole country seems to have exploded into shootings. I do believe a certain politician and head of a crime family, opened Pandora's box when he seemed to sanction violence early on in his campaign last time.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Kishkumen wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2023 2:03 am
I am glad you are safe! I hope no one was hurt, and, if someone was, that they get the appropriate medical care and heal quickly. There is too much gun violence in this country!
Thanks. I don’t think anyone was hurt. No clue as to motive for the shooting.
he/him

Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2023 2:28 am
Good grief, RI! What a shock that must've been. Hope the beer settles you down. Do we need to pass the hat for a bullet proof vest for you? Just say the word!
Naw, it was more weird than anything else. Our bookkeeper was in the lobby when it happened, and she seemed more incredulous than anything else. She hopped back on an elevator and brought another woman who was in the lobby up to our secured floor. The other woman seemed a little shell shocked.

It was nice to have a couple of beers with a friend to restore a sense of normalcy.

No vest needed. It was just a thang.
he/him

Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2023 4:08 am
Jersey Girl wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2023 2:28 am
Naw, it was more weird than anything else. Our bookkeeper was in the lobby when it happened, and she seemed more incredulous than anything else. She hopped back on an elevator and brought another woman who was in the lobby up to our secured floor. The other woman seemed a little shell shocked.

It was nice to have a couple of beers with a friend to restore a sense of normalcy.

No vest needed. It was just a thang.
The other woman seemed a little shell shocked.

Poor choice of words there. 8-)

Slava Ukraini!
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Sweet. A bucket list moment.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2023 4:42 am
Sweet. A bucket list moment.

- Doc
Whose bucket list is that on? It's certainly not on mine.

Glad you weren't close enough, RI.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2023 2:30 am
Amen! The whole country seems to have exploded into shootings. I do believe a certain politician and head of a crime family, opened Pandora's box when he seemed to sanction violence early on in his campaign last time.
Last night it struck me that the whole thing feels like a dreadful nightmare come to life.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow