POBAR

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
tagriffy
Deacon

POBAR

Post by tagriffy »

I was heading into the restroom near the end of my break when I was informed there was an unconscious person in the bathroom. Verifying this, I of course called 911. What does management do? They yell at me, saying to the effect that I must get a manager before calling 911. My thoughts were:

1. If I see an unconscious person, I must assume it is a life-threatening situation and minutes count.

2. I already have the death of someone on my conscience because my aid was inadequate.

3. Under those circumstances, they are out of their livin' lovin' minds if they think I'm going to waste precious minutes looking for an effing manager.

Had to get that off my chest.
Timothy A. Griffy
http://tagriffy.blogspot.com

Be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

American conservatives are a paradox (if you want to be polite) or soulless expedient cynics (if you want to be accurate).--TheCriticalMind
Kishkumen
God

Re: POBAR

Post by Kishkumen »

Corporate life is insanity.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

“POBAR” = ?
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 3:22 am
“POBAR” = ?
Let's think through the context. The poster needed to get something off their chest. Angry? Frustrated? At wit's end?

Let's look for a clue in the word "POBAR". Looks like an acronym. Kind of reminds one of FUBAR, no?

Get something off their chest.
Angry, frustrated, at wit's end.
Beyond all recognition.

PO beyond all recognition.

Or...you could use your googler and find out.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

tagriffy wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 2:01 am
I was heading into the restroom near the end of my break when I was informed there was an unconscious person in the bathroom. Verifying this, I of course called 911. What does management do? They yell at me, saying to the effect that I must get a manager before calling 911. My thoughts were:

1. If I see an unconscious person, I must assume it is a life-threatening situation and minutes count.

2. I already have the death of someone on my conscience because my aid was inadequate.

3. Under those circumstances, they are out of their livin' lovin' minds if they think I'm going to waste precious minutes looking for an effing manager.

Did you pay the ambulance fee out of your own pocket?
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
tagriffy
Deacon

Post by tagriffy »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 3:22 am
“POBAR” = ?
Pissed off beyond all recognition. A personal variation of FUBAR.
Timothy A. Griffy

American conservatives are a paradox (if you want to be polite) or soulless expedient cynics (if you want to be accurate).--TheCriticalMind
tagriffy
Deacon

Post by tagriffy »

ajax18 wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2023 2:45 am
tagriffy wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 2:01 am

Did you pay the ambulance fee out of your own pocket?
No, and the company wouldn't have to pay for it either unless it was something they did that caused the person's medical problem.
Timothy A. Griffy

ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

No, and the company wouldn't have to pay for it either unless it was something they did that caused the person's medical problem.
Who pays then?
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
tagriffy
Deacon

Post by tagriffy »

Most likely the person.
Timothy A. Griffy

ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

tagriffy wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2023 2:26 am
Most likely the person.
Is there any justification for the person being upset with someone calling an ambulance and leaving them with a $700 responsibility that they didn't choose to purchase?