Trump corruption

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Vēritās
God

Trump corruption

Post by Vēritās »

As time passes we learn more and more.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/jen-psak ... 7ae616038d

In his last days in office Trump pardoned Jonathan Braun who was a drug smuggler.
Braun was two and a half years into a 10 year sentence for running a major marijuana ring, and was also being pursued by the Justice Department for predatory lending to small businesses.

Trump commuted Braun’s sentence on his final day in office, as part of a pardon and commutation spree for over 140 people. Braun was reportedly working as a loan shark again within months.

According to the Times, Braun’s family used a connection to Jared Kushner, Trump’s son-in-law and a senior White House adviser, to secure the commutation.

Freeing Braun reportedly jeopardized a Justice Department criminal investigation into predatory lenders, in which prosecutors had been negotiating with Braun to flip on industry insiders in exchange for clemency.

That deal went out the window when Braun was freed, the Times reported.

“What does this all tell us?” Psaki, a former White House press secretary under President Joe Biden, asked on “Inside With Jen Psaki.”

“For one, it tells us that ‘tough on crime’ Donald Trump upended a federal investigation by his own Justice Department. That’s not how it’s supposed to work.”

She continued: “It also tells us how Trump and his administration ran pretty fast and loose with presidential pardons — a tremendous power that usually runs through a highly vetted process out of the Department of Justice.”

She referred to an “old quote” and maxim of dictators: “For my friends, everything; for my enemies, the law.”

Psaki warned: “That is how Donald Trump has operated. And that is how he will continue to operate if he ever gets the leverage of government again.”
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Gadianton
God

Re: Trump corruption

Post by Gadianton »

Speaking of Republican fraud, I just received a text from Donald Trump within the last minute (of typing this).

"Alert, this message will be gone in 20 minutes."

I braced myself and clicked.

"Friend, my team has informed me that you're the Number One Republican in your city.* That means there's no one who I would rather reach out to for this crucial task: The 2023 NRSC NATIONWIDE CENSUS...Complete the census before MIDNIGHT TONIGHT to provide America First Conservatives with the information we need to win in 2024."

*Jealous, Ajax? How about you, Binger?

There's a few BS questions, and then a spread about donating money with options up to 2500$. (You can ride in an ambulance almost 4 times for that much, Ajax!)

Then after selecting the amount to donate, it asks, Will you pledge to vote for a Republican Senate and President?...lock in your support for the GOP. if you click "Yes, count me in", the small print informs you that (whatever option you presumably selected) will become a monthly donation. Ajax, that's 48 ambulance rides a year for you, buddy!

But that's not all.

After that part, there's a box that says, "urgent flash poll: Were you and your family better off during Trump's administration? Answer yes by making sure you check this box."

If you check the box, you donate an additional 100$ on 12/02.

Jesus, what the hell is wrong with you people? I hadn't heard of this important Census and so looked it up, looks like the fraud has been going on a while:

https://www.politico.com/story/2010/01/ ... ire-031956

How many hospital rides have you donated to the Republican Party, Ajax?
yellowstone123
1st Counselor

Re: Trump corruption

Post by yellowstone123 »

The issues with Donald Trump are - 1) Donald Trump; 2) the Trump machine: Steve Bannon, Roger Stone, John Bolton, Rob Porter, Paul Manafort etc.

Nikki Haley saw the writing on the wall and left the administration because I don’t think she wanted to be associated with his name.
“one of the important things for anybody in power is to distinguish between what you have the right to do and what is right to do." Potter Stewart, associate justice of the Supreme Court - 1958 to 1981.