Hunter Biden Calls Comer's Bluff

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
ajax18
God

Re: Hunter Biden Calls Comer's Bluff

Post by ajax18 »

Brack wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2023 7:57 pm
ajax18 wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2023 7:33 pm
Are you saying he could pardon Hunter right now? Or just let the next Democrat president do it? I have my doubts as to whether a California jury would ever convict a Democrat of anything.
Yes, Biden could pardon Hunter right now. Remember that President Ford pardoned Nixon before Nixon got indicted.
What would he be pardoning him for if he hasn't been indicted or convicted of anything?
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

ajax18 wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:22 pm
Brack wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2023 7:57 pm

Yes, Biden could pardon Hunter right now. Remember that President Ford pardoned Nixon before Nixon got indicted.
What would he be pardoning him for if he hasn't been indicted or convicted of anything?
If he were to follow the Republican precedent, it would be something along the lines of a pardon for "all offenses against the United States which he has committed or may have committed or taken part in during the period from [insert date] through [insert date]."

Essentially, a catch-all for any and all crimes committed through a specific date range. Fortunately for America (and unfortunately, for his critics), Biden hasn't demonstrated the same form of willy-nilly favoritism and pardon-for-hire than a certain other individual had a penchant for. At least not yet.

As an aside, such a pardon wouldn't shield him from State DAs where supposed illegal business dealings (or other acts) occurred, that violated specific state laws.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

As an aside, such a pardon wouldn't shield him from State DAs where supposed illegal business dealings (or other acts) occurred, that violated specific state laws.
Do you still believe Hunter hasn't done anything illegal?
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

ajax18 wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:54 pm
Still? Where have I ever indicated that I don't think he's done anything illegal? The dude is on video smoking crack, for Odin's sake.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:58 pm
ajax18 wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:54 pm

Still? Where have I ever indicated that I don't think he's done anything illegal? The dude is on video smoking crack, for Odin's sake.
Wasn't that video just Russian disinformation, likely altered by Giuliani? That's what Biden tried to tell us during the 2020 debate.

Do you think Biden was lying when he said, "My son has done nothing wrong." Was he lying when he said he never spoke to Hunter about his business dealings? Do you believe that Hunter Biden never made any money from China as Joe Biden claimed in the 2020 debate?
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

What do you think of the idea that the Democrats are done with Biden?

The bottom line on this indictment is that the whistleblowers were telling the truth. Shapley was telling the truth when he said he was prevented from investigating Hunter Biden while Merrick Garland was lying.
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

ajax18 wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:01 pm
Doctor Steuss wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:58 pm

Wasn't that video just Russian disinformation, likely altered by Giuliani? That's what Biden tried to tell us during the 2020 debate.
Link to Biden saying that the video of his son was a doctored collaboration between Russians and Giuliani, please?
Do you think Biden was lying when he said, "My son has done nothing wrong."
If Biden said this, then yes, he was either a hopefully naïve father, or lying.
Was he lying when he said he never spoke to Hunter about his business dealings?
I certainly think he lied about this. I can't imagine any loving, religious, devoted father like Biden has demonstrated himself to be, never discussing such things with his children, or never being an open source of advice. Just thinking of the relationship I have with my own father (and that I hope my own son will have with me as a man), and it strains credulity that a son wouldn't seek advice from his father (especially a successful father), and that the father would withhold granting said advice.
Do you believe that Hunter Biden never made any money from China as Joe Biden claimed in the 2020 debate?
The Chinese government paid Hunter? Was it direct payments, or was it indirect through a state-owned entity, like the payments to Trump that he lied about?

Either way, I'll definitely not vote for Hunter Biden for President.
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

ajax18 wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:07 pm
What do you think of the idea that the Democrats are done with Biden?
I think that there is a significant subset of Democrats -- particularly younger ones -- that are tired of having Democratic presidents who aren't leftist or progressive in any meaningful way. Their consternation with Democrat Presidents (despite the bizarre unhinged rantings of right-wing propaganda) essentially being progressive Republicans of yesteryears are certainly valid.

Until America revisits the Electoral College, gerrymandering, and more importantly, first-past-the-post voting models, we'll likely be doomed to keep seeing the Overton Window shift by certain sectors, and milquetoast status quo politicians be painted as rabid extremists. We'll never have anything remotely resembling a truly representative democracy, and most will continue to largely hold our nose and vote for the person they think will do the least amount of damage rather than the person they think will do the most good.
The bottom line on this indictment is that the whistleblowers were telling the truth. Shapley was telling the truth when he said he was prevented from investigating Hunter Biden while Merrick Garland was lying.
So... Trump's appointed DA, the other FBI and IRS officials, and agents, who have presented sworn testimony and affidavits are all lying... but Shapley (whose only piece of evidence is his own handwritten note that doesn't even say what he testified to) is completely and entirely truthful.

Pardon me, if I remain somewhat skeptical.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

So... Trump's appointed DA, the other FBI and IRS officials, and agents, who have presented sworn testimony and affidavits are all lying... but Shapley (whose only piece of evidence is his own handwritten note that doesn't even say what he testified to) is completely and entirely truthful.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023 ... ndictment/

Read this article and tell me which part is false.
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

ajax18 wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:38 pm

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023 ... ndictment/

Read this article and tell me which part is false.
The claim about Trump's DA, which isn't even supported by his only piece of contemporaneous evidence. Or, as someone once said, a really long time ago: