Hunter Biden Calls Comer's Bluff

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Vēritās
God

Re: Hunter Biden Calls Comer's Bluff

Post by Vēritās »

ajax18 wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2023 10:06 pm
Of course, Biden did not try to overthrow democracy,
Democrats have been trying to overthrow democracy since before Donald Trump was even elected president when they first weaponized the Department of Justice to spy on the Trump campaign. Democrats only want democracy when their candidate gets more electoral votes.
And yet Al Gore and Hillary Clinton conceded when they "lost" their elections. Asserting stupid crap for the hell of it has become the go to tactic on the right. You're all so divorced from reality because it is too boring for you. You prefer to live in this delusional alternate universe.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

ajax18 wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2023 10:11 pm
How is it that Hunter and Jim are paying Joe's bills and outright giving him money and yet somehow still have the nerve to say that Joe Biden never benefited from the money that the CCP, Ukraine, Romania, Mexican Oligarch Slim etc. etc. gifted to the Jim, Hunter, Haley, Biden's grandchildren etc, for no discernible consideration? What did they get in return? A Hunter Biden painting?
This is another lie. They're not "paying his bills." They repaid loans they received from him. The $200,000 loan was repaid without interest in just a couple of months. Joe Biden was worse off each time he was repaid than he was before he gave them the money to begin with.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

Vēritās wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:19 pm
And yet Al Gore and Hillary Clinton conceded when they "lost" their elections.
Hold the phone. . . are you saying that the election was stolen from both Al Gore and Hillary Clinton??
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2023 9:28 am
Vēritās wrote:
Hold the phone. . . are you saying that the election was stolen from both Al Gore and Hillary Clinton??
Here’s the wiki article on it re: the 2016 election:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_Un ... n_recounts
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Vēritās wrote:
I'm saying they conceded the election despite winning the popular vote by a half million votes (Gore) and 3 million votes (Clinton) and despite the obvious Black Swan event in the Comey letter which handed Trump an unlikely victory and Bush the victory in Florida while his Republican Secretary of State in Florida made sure of it. The GOP's only hope to take and retain power lies in the power of propaganda.
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

Chap wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:57 am
From the information publicly available so far, is it possible to make an estimate of the effective tax rate that Trump has paid in recent years? If so, what is it? Of course, we do know that he considers it "smart" for a rich guy like himself to pay no tax at all, if possible [Source: Trump/Clinton Presidential debate].
It's essentially zero. That is, until he became President, and started making a crap ton of money in influence peddling. Being President was the most successful business venture he ever undertook. His returns are year after year of net loses (and zero, or near-zero taxes), until his presidency.
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

Vēritās wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:55 pm
Dr. Shades wrote:
I'm saying they conceded the election despite winning the popular vote by a half million votes (Gore) and 3 million votes (Clinton) . . .
Okay, so the election wasn't "stolen;" they simply lost the electoral college vote.
. . . and despite the obvious Black Swan event in the Comey letter which handed Trump an unlikely victory and Bush the victory in Florida while his Republican Secretary of State in Florida made sure of it.
So, Bush's brother handed him the election somehow? Be careful; that sounds dangerously close to a conspiracy theory.
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:14 am
Vēritās wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:55 pm
I'm saying they conceded the election despite winning the popular vote by a half million votes (Gore) and 3 million votes (Clinton) . . .
Okay, so the election wasn't "stolen;" they simply lost the electoral college vote.
. . . and despite the obvious Black Swan event in the Comey letter which handed Trump an unlikely victory and Bush the victory in Florida while his Republican Secretary of State in Florida made sure of it.
So, Bush's brother handed him the election somehow? Be careful; that sounds dangerously close to a conspiracy theory.
I never used the word stolen, you did. I was living in Florida at the time and I voted for Bush, and was happy to know the Secretary of State was a Bush appointee who would use her power to secure the results in favor of the Republican.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Keep in mind that Don Jr. was forced to testify behind closed doors to Democrats twice even though he was guilty of nothing. Now Hunter just refused to comply with a subpoena. And of course good ole Mitt Romney says there is not enough evidence to hold an impeachment inquiry, not a vote to impeach but just an inquiry. If he's principled, he like every other member of the uniparty must believe that influence pedaling by family members is fair game for the political elite and that the American people have no right to even know about it.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.