Stop Demanding Dumb Answers to Hard Questions

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
ajax18
God

Re: Stop Demanding Dumb Answers to Hard Questions

Post by ajax18 »

As for my children, they are doing neither. Although they have expressed opposition to the Israeli treatment of Palestinians, they haven't expressed their support for Hamas's explicit goals or tactics. They certainly haven't expressed any animosity towards owners of bagel shops -- local or in Philadelphia. They both like bagels, although they aren't sold on lox yet.
Is this antisemitism in your opinion Res Ipsa or is it just antiZionism taken out of context?

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/philadel ... 55585.html

Jewish students are alleging the same kind of harassment at your alma mater. None of them were disciplined for assaulting a Jewish student which after the congressional hearing I can only conclude that the university administration doesn't view such harassment and assaults as antisemitic in context.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

ajax18 wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:52 pm
As for my children, they are doing neither. Although they have expressed opposition to the Israeli treatment of Palestinians, they haven't expressed their support for Hamas's explicit goals or tactics. They certainly haven't expressed any animosity towards owners of bagel shops -- local or in Philadelphia. They both like bagels, although they aren't sold on lox yet.
Is this antisemitism in your opinion Res Ipsa or is it just antiZionism taken out of context?
What, not being sold on lox?
Try not demanding dumb answers to hard questions. Or try consulting a source other than Fox News to at least understand more about the situation than the snippet of video that was circulated. https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... ic-protest
Ajax18 wrote:Jewish students are alleging the same kind of harassment at your alma mater. None of them were disciplined for assaulting a Jewish student which after the congressional hearing I can only conclude that the university administration doesn't view such harassment and assaults as antisemitic in context.
Why not stop demanding dumb answers to hard questions? Like, try reading the article linked in the first post.

As far as my Alma Mater, I assume you are talking about this incident, as reported by the student newspaper. https://hlrecord.org/hls-alumni-statement-antisemitism/ Context is important, and I'm not surprised that no disciplinary action was taken. Protecting protesters from the kind of doxxing of pro-Palestine students have been subjected to (like the conservative group that runs a truck around the campus perimeter displaying photos of so-called pro Hamas students) is not antisemitic. Indeed, the student who was taking pictures of the protesters appears to have been identified as Jewish only after the incident.

Your embrace of stupid and mean is consistent with your pattern of posting.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Vēritās wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:01 pm
To Ajax's repeated point about Palestinian support for Hamas:

How do Palestinians feel about Hamas, Israel, & the prospects for peace?

Turns out to be complete horse crap. A survey taken a few weeks before October 7th revealed that more than two thirds of Palestinians has little or zero trust in Hamas. Only 29% said they trusted them a lot.

More than half of the Gazan population was born after the last election, and only about 18% of the existing Gazan population voted in that election.
Another dumb answer to a hard question. You two deserve each other.
he/him

Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:34 pm
Vēritās wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:01 pm
To Ajax's repeated point about Palestinian support for Hamas:

How do Palestinians feel about Hamas, Israel, & the prospects for peace?

Turns out to be complete horse crap. A survey taken a few weeks before October 7th revealed that more than two thirds of Palestinians has little or zero trust in Hamas. Only 29% said they trusted them a lot.

More than half of the Gazan population was born after the last election, and only about 18% of the existing Gazan population voted in that election.
WTF? I wasn't responding to any question here, I was addressing Ajax's repeated claim that Palestinians deserve to be bombed because they elected Hamas into power. I provide a link to a survey presented by an expert from Princeton. Not sure what's so "dumb" about that.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Vēritās wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2023 11:54 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:34 pm
WTF? I wasn't responding to any question here, I was addressing Ajax's repeated claim that Palestinians deserve to be bombed because they elected Hamas into power. I provide a link to a survey presented by an expert from Princeton. Not sure what's so "dumb" about that.
If you don't recognize your claim as the answer to a question, you'll never understand why it is dumb.
he/him

Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2023 12:04 am
Vēritās wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2023 11:54 pm
If you don't recognize your claim as the answer to a question, you'll never understand why it is dumb.
You Ok bro? There was neither a question nor an answer in what you quoted. It was just something I posted because I told myself the next time I see a survey addressing this claim I would post it. Not sure why you're so easily triggered these days. And have no idea why something like that would do it.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Vēritās wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2023 12:15 am
Res Ipsa wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2023 12:04 am
You Ok bro? There was neither a question nor an answer in what you quoted. It was just something I posted because I told myself the next time I see a survey addressing this claim I would post it. Not sure why you're so easily triggered these days. And have no idea why something like that would do it.
Ad hom attack noted.
he/him

Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2023 12:54 am
Vēritās wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2023 12:15 am
Ad hom attack noted.
Seriously, you ok?
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Vēritās wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2023 1:39 am
Res Ipsa wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2023 12:54 am
Ad hom attack noted.
Seriously, you ok?
Ad hom and derail noted.
he/him

Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Feel like I've entered the twilight zone.