Stop Demanding Dumb Answers to Hard Questions

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Res Ipsa
God

Re: Stop Demanding Dumb Answers to Hard Questions

Post by Res Ipsa »

Vēritās wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2023 7:38 pm
Feel like I've entered the twilight zone.
Continuing derail noted.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Yeah, sure. I think you derailed your own thread when you had a conniption fit over an innocuous post that you called an answer to a question, where neither and answer nor a question existed. When I pointed that out you whined about ad hominem after literally calling people stupid and mean, which makes me wonder if you even know what the word means.

Did you quote the wrong post when you responded the way you did with that idiotic "you deserve each other" remark? I'm guessing so. Again, Res Ipsa doing his thing again, attacking those who actually agree with him.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Alan Dershowitz, the despicable creep that he is, is calling for Harvard President to be removed because he demanded she provide a dumb answer to a hard question.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBUvA6tk2eM

Thankfully Marc Lamont Hill was there to bring reason to the table.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Vēritās wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2023 7:02 am
Alan Dershowitz, the despicable creep that he is, is calling for Harvard President to be removed because he demanded she provide a dumb answer to a hard question.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBUvA6tk2eM

Thankfully Marc Lamont Hill was there to bring reason to the table.
What do you see as the hard question and what would be a smart answer?
he/him

Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

Ajax18 wrote:Jews have become a symbol of western culture in the middle east, the very culture that the far left is trying to tear down all over the world
Interesting. What were the Jews a symbol of according to your fellow posters on Stormfront?
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Gadianton wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2023 4:56 pm
Ajax18 wrote:Jews have become a symbol of western culture in the middle east, the very culture that the far left is trying to tear down all over the world
Interesting. What were the Jews a symbol of according to your fellow posters on Stormfront?
I never understood much less agreed with the Jew hatred on Stormfront.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

And I'm sure you called them out for it the way you call us out for our communist beliefs.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Harvard along with most other Ivy League universities has done away with free speech a long time ago. As Ben Shapiro said, they'll come after you for fatphobic comments if you're a student or professor under their jurisdiction. So I can see when one asks how they're now going to use the principle of free speech to protect Palestinian calls for the genocide of Jews, this can indeed be a very hard question. Let's be clear, if Claudine Gay were white she'd have been fired. If she were a white student, she'd have been dismissed for plagiarism. Excellence at Harvard seems to be a thing of the past. You can plagiarize your thesis and become president of the University as long as you check off the required intersectional victim criteria and meet the quota.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Vēritās wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2023 7:00 am
Yeah, sure. I think you derailed your own thread when you had a conniption fit over an innocuous post that you called an answer to a question, where neither and answer nor a question existed. When I pointed that out you whined about ad hominem after literally calling people stupid and mean, which makes me wonder if you even know what the word means.

Did you quote the wrong post when you responded the way you did with that idiotic "you deserve each other" remark? I'm guessing so. Again, Res Ipsa doing his thing again, attacking those who actually agree with him.
Continuing derail and personal attacks noted.
he/him

Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

ajax18 wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:59 am
Harvard along with most other Ivy League universities has done away with free speech a long time ago. As Ben Shapiro said, they'll come after you for fatphobic comments if you're a student or professor under their jurisdiction. So I can see when one asks how they're now going to use the principle of free speech to protect Palestinian calls for the genocide of Jews, this can indeed be a very hard question. Let's be clear, if Claudine Gay were white she'd have been fired. If she were a white student, she'd have been dismissed for plagiarism. Excellence at Harvard seems to be a thing of the past. You can plagiarize your thesis and become president of the University as long as you check off the required intersectional victim criteria and meet the quota.
I'm glad you think that plagiarism should disqualify someone from being President of a University -- I completely agree. I can only assume you now feel similarly about someone being President of a country, or President of a church. What, exactly, caused the change in your position? Other than it being done by someone that meets the unholy trifecta (liberal brown woman)?

Too bad she's not gay, or transgender, you'd have a right-wing outrage Bingo.