2024 Election Campaign MEGATHREAD

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Gunnar
God

Re: 2024 Election Campaign Megathread

Post by Gunnar »

Americans Who Believe Biden Fairly Won The Presidential Election Are Far Less Than Before, According To Poll

It is deeply disheartening to me that a growing minority of my fellow Americans will more readily believe a blatant but stoutly and relentlessly repeated lie than truths firmly established by the most unequivocal and reasonably established evidence. Trump has even openly and unabashedly said that the more often and boldly something is stated, the more people will come to believe it, even if it is false! This is obviously his overriding strategy: lie and double and triple down on the lie over and over, no matter how unequivocally it has been disproven, until enough people come to believe it to enable him to "win." Why have so many MAGA Republicans come to believe that demonstrable, objective evidence is almost entirely irrelevant, whenever it conflicts with whatever Trump or their own subjective, gut feelings tell them to believe?

This is every bit as irrational as the current flat earth movement!
Trump is still leading the Republican Party's race for the 2024 presidency. This is despite the fact he's facing four criminal indictments with a total of 91 charges.

Trump has maintained he was the rightful winner of the presidency. This is despite numerous election audits and more than 60 lawsuits. All of which lost in court after failing to prove claims that the election was unfairly decided.

"To date, we have not seen fraud on a scale that could have affected a different outcome in the election," Bill Barr said after the last elections.

Bill Barr was Trump's attorney general and the post-UMD poll was conducted Dec. 14-18 among 1,024 U.S. adults.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

'bout damn time! He nailed him on every count. Go Dark Brandon! 8-)

Here, I've time stamped it for you.

Dumb, shameful, dangerous, un-American: Biden blasts Trump's comments on NATO
https://youtu.be/QuYLHok8ZyY?t=263
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

The final repudiation of ‘2000 Mules’
“If you look at True the Vote,” he said, “they found millions of votes on camera, on government cameras, where they were stuffing ballot boxes.”

The only problem, of course, was that it was all nonsense. It was immediately apparent nonsense, certainly, and not only because a national ring of thousands of people would have had to somehow go undetected, but because — even after the movie came out — the alleged caper yielded no arrests. It was also obviously nonsense because True the Vote’s data couldn’t do what the group claimed it did.

Back in 2021, True the Vote contacted the Georgia Bureau of Investigation (GBI) about its allegations. Specifically, the purported vote-monitoring organization claimed to have cellphone geolocation evidence showing that hundreds of people had traveled to multiple ballot drop boxes on given days. This, the Texas-based group insisted, proved that there was an operation focused on depositing ballots in those drop boxes, something that it claimed was bolstered by a whistleblower who admitted to being part of this operation.

By September 2021, the GBI had rejected the claim, in part because True the Vote had declined to put investigators in contact with the alleged whistleblower. That notwithstanding, the data collected by True the Vote — using not GPS data but less-precise cell-tower positioning — showed nothing more than people traveling within 100 feet of drop box locations. (You can see examples of True the Vote maps created from Wisconsin data; there is no obvious targeting of any drop box site displayed.) The GBI declared the accusation “curious,” but took it no further.

It didn’t end there, however. Georgia officials, who had been under relentless attack in the wake of the 2020 election, demanded that True the Vote turn over whatever evidence or information about informants it had, eventually obtaining a court order for the group to do so. This week, the group’s attorneys responded: There was no such evidence to share.

This is not the first time that True the Vote has been caught flat-footed. Officials in Arizona recommended that the group be investigated by the FBI and IRS (given its tax-exempt status) for failing to provide evidence it claimed to have about ballot-stuffing in that state. True the Vote itself promised for months that it would release its data publicly to validate the claims made in “2000 Mules.” It never did.
The excerpts I linked to above, are only a small part of the damning evidence that True The Vote had no credible basis for the claims asserted in the movie. It was all based on lies and innuendo and desperately straining to imagine something sinister occurring in videos of perfectly normal actions of election officials legitimately performing their duties.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Navalny is dead. :(
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Vēritās
God

Re: 2024 Election Campaign MEGATHREAD

Post by Vēritās »

I wonder how many campaign ads can be bought for $354 million.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

https://www.newsweek.com/who-konstantin ... on-1870600

Surprise damned surprise.

tl;dr - Konstantin Nikolaev -> lots of $ -> Mike Johnson

Who is he?

A Russian billionaire and businessman who is a financial supporter of Maria Butina, and backed by the Russian intelligence apparatus.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:42 pm
Off I go to google "Navalny" . . .
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Arizona Republicans Introduce Resolution to Guarantee Trump’s Election Win
Arizona Republicans introduced a resolution on Wednesday with the aim of ensuring former President Donald Trump’s victory in the 2024 election in the state. This resolution seeks to counterbalance the removal of a Republican candidate in two other states.

Trump, currently the frontrunner for the 2024 Republican presidential nomination, is confronting legal hurdles aimed at removing him from the ballot in several states. Colorado and Maine have already prohibited his name from appearing on the primary ballot.

The lawsuits assert that Trump is ineligible to run under Section 3 of the 14th Amendment. This prohibits officials who have taken an oath to uphold the U.S. Constitution from holding office if they participate in an insurrection.

In December, Colorado’s highest court determined that Trump had participated in an insurrection specifically related to the events of January 6, 2021. This was when his supporters breached the U.S. Capitol during the certification of the results of the 2020 presidential election.

However, this ruling is currently on hold pending an appeal in the Supreme Court, which will decide if Colorado has the authority to remove Trump from the 2024 ballot. Trump has consistently maintained his innocence, denying any involvement in an insurrection and accusing those behind the lawsuits of engaging in election interference.

In response to the decisions in Colorado and Maine to exclude him from the ballot, Republicans in the Arizona House of Representatives introduced a resolution on Wednesday aimed at “altering the process of the presidential election.”
The most egregious part of this Arizona Republicans' resolution is:
HCR2055 would let the GOP-controlled Legislature hand the election to Trump, damn the voters.
How can any honest, fair-minded, patriotic American, regardless of political party inclination, fail to see how grossly and fundamentally wrong that is?!

Fortunately:
It’s just a resolution, so there’s no force of law. On House Elex Committee agenda at 2 pm Weds,” Resnik posted on X.

Furthermore, Democratic Arizona Governor Katie Hobbs would need to approve the “election reform measures” listed in the resolution. These measures include voting exclusively on election day. Voting would occur by precincts with identification and proof of citizenship required.

Additionally, there would be a hand count of ballots in each precinct. Ballot results would only be reported from precincts after all signatures are verified. The resolution specifies no use of machines for counting and no mailed-in ballots, except for absentee ballots.

Newsweek has contacted Hobbs’s office via email for comment. The resolution further states that if Hobbs does not sign the measures, “presidential electors be appointed to protect the 2024 presidential election from another mal administered and illegally run election.”

Notably, there is no evidence that the 2020 presidential election in Arizona was “illegally run.” The resolution is set to be reviewed by the House Election Committee on Wednesday.
I think we can be relatively assured that Governor Hobbs will veto the measure should it come up as a bill that passes the vote of the Arizona legislature, and that there won't be sufficient votes to override her veto. (crossing fingers)
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Dr. Shades wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:22 am
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:42 pm
Off I go to google "Navalny" . . .
The fact that you had to google Navalny is a testament to something. I don’t know what that something is. But it’s something, that’s for sure.

As an aside, Dementia Donny just claimed last night he won PA, WI, and MI (that’s Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, and Michigan for Dr. Shades).

- Doc
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 1:17 pm
The fact that you had to google Navalny is a testament to something. I don’t know what that something is. But it’s something, that’s for sure.
It’s a testament to the fact that I don’t follow Russian politics.
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024