2024 Election Campaign MEGATHREAD

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Gadianton
God

Re: 2024 Election Campaign Megathread

Post by Gadianton »

We'll never know
You don't have to "know" in order to form a hypothesis, or offer a guess. I'd assumed you were just throwing out empty phrases that get thrown around by your fellow right-wingers, without having any clue what you actually mean by the words, let alone any reason for believing in the words.

It looks like I assumed correctly. I think deep down, you know that Donald Trump isn't going to solve any real problems for you. But you're mad, and he's a good middle finger to show your contempt for the world.
because the election has already been rigged.
How?
Morley
God

Post by Morley »

ajax18 wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:20 am
My hope would be to see Trump elected and then liberals would ask for a national divorce.
No need for Trump to be elected. Your divorce has been granted. Feel free to leave the country. From what you’ve said, you don’t want to contribute to it, and you hate both what America was and what it has become. You can leave your keys in the tray by the door.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Ironically, I was pointed to this TED talk from a video that popped up in my YouTube recommendations from a survival channel.

https://youtu.be/Yilgr2SJ3xQ?si=bW3TvfVg2NqSoAxg

The topic is what factors predict political unrest and, notably, who is typically behind civil wars when they break out.

It's worth watching in it's entirety, in my opinion.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

I’d never heard the term ‘anocracy’ before. Thanks for sharing the video.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

It was new to me as well.
Morley
God

Post by Morley »

honorentheos wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:12 am
Ironically, I was pointed to this TED talk from a video that popped up in my YouTube recommendations from a survival channel.

The topic is what factors predict political unrest and, notably, who is typically behind civil wars when they break out.

Thanks for this, honor. I'm tempted to buy her book.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

I wonder how this will affect Maggat opinions of their guy?

Or is Matt Drudge now part of the Deep State?

- Doc

PS- don’t bother to tell me the Daily Mail isn’t reputable, that’s not the point. Maggats don’t read, and they don’t have discernment, but a Drudge headline? That’s real news to them.
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

honorentheos wrote:

Excellent video. Thanks Honor.
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

honorentheos wrote:

Add me to the list of those thankful to you for posting that link. It made perfect sense to me. I have long suspected what she is warning us about is quite true. MAGA extremists, most of whom seem to be white males, make no secret of their irrational fear and resentment of the prospect that white people of European descent cannot much longer constitute the majority of the American populace. That's precisely why they are so opposed to any attempts to promote diversity, equity and inclusion and disparagingly refer to them as "Wokism." Anyone opposed to DEI initiatives and acceptance, either haven't a clue about what these terms really mean, or are blatant, hateful bigots in my strong opinion. I couldn't care less what race, culture, religion or gender my political leaders identify as, as long as they are honest, competent, scientifically literate, law abiding and dedicated to democracy and equality under the law for everyone.
Last edited by Gunnar on Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

https://Twitter.com/RpsAgainstTrump/sta ... 0585941430

MAGAman - “We need a dictator.”

- Doc