2024 Election Campaign MEGATHREAD

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: 2024 Election Campaign MEGATHREAD

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

GOP nominee for NC Gov wants women to lose their right to vote:

https://www.reddit.com/r/TikTokCringe/s/XaBLTrGpms

It was said in 2020.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

The difference between President Obama and Trump:

https://www.reddit.com/r/therewasanattempt/s/9yhP1p9dNJ

C’mon. Trump is actually declining from that.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

So Trump recently met with a couple of billionaires including Elon Musk in Florida. He's apparently pursuing a one:one with Musk who is worth well over $200B and whose net worth was only recently eclipsed by Jeff Bezos. Not linking this. Find it yourself.

I've been thinking about the possibilities of a Trump/Musk alliance and nothing I've come up with remotely bodes well for this country. Musk is, without a doubt, a genius who can use his powers for good or evil, if you will. He's got the bucks to fund any darn thing he wants. But he has no control over the White House.

Yet.

I'm guessing that Trump is desperate enough right now to reach for the Musk brass (money) ring to keep himself out of prison. I don't know how adept his powers of persuasion are but think about a Musk funded puppet in the Oval Office.

If that alarms you, congratulations. You've probably got a fully functioning brain.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Biden totally sticks the landing on his SotU speech. Full speech here:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nFVUPAEF-Southwest

Now the GOP is complaing he had too much energy.

- Doc
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:45 pm
Biden totally sticks the landing on his SotU speech. Full speech here:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nFVUPAEF-Southwest

Now the GOP is complaing he had too much energy.

- Doc
It's hilarious. The GOP actually believed all of their ridiculous claims about Biden being a drooler who can't find his way out of a room. Now they're going to have to watch side by side clips of Biden's kick-ass speech and Trump speeches devolving into nonsense syllables. They really are the gang that can't shoot straight (except maybe at their own feet.)
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
hauslern
Bishop

Post by hauslern »

I once read that women were here for "kinder, kuche, and kirke." They have taken away a woman's right to choose; what next, birth control? The GOP response to Biden was a woman in a kitche, a rather nice kitchen I might say. I had my kitchen renovated but not as nice as that.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:54 pm
The GOP actually believed all of their ridiculous claims about Biden being a drooler who can't find his way out of a room.
Elections always revolve around whether Republicans can fool some of the people before the election, and Republicans are very sharp on the lying arts.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

hauslern wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:54 pm
I once read that women were here for "kinder, kuche, and kirke." They have taken away a woman's right to choose; what next, birth control? The GOP response to Biden was a woman in a kitche, a rather nice kitchen I might say. I had my kitchen renovated but not as nice as that.
She also told, or rather re-told, the story of Jacinta Romero leaving out very pertinent information like dates, times, and locations to make President Biden look responsible for it. It was an absolute disgusting and disgraceful attempt to use this woman’s tragedy that happened in Mexico during Pres. Bush’s tenure, and pin it on Biden.

Summary here:

https://Twitter.com/gtconway3d/status/1 ... 2749670801

Ajax. This is who you are.

- Doc
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

hauslern wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:54 pm
I once read that women were here for "kinder, kuche, and kirke"...
At BYU they call it Children, Kitchen, Church since they do not teach German in the religion classes.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Doctor CamNC4Me
God