Merry Christmas

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
ceeboo
God

Merry Christmas

Post by ceeboo »

Merry Christmas to all!

As we gather together with family and friends, let us take a moment to remember the many special people that are no longer with us. Also, let us take another moment to consider that the holiday season can be quite difficult and/or painful for some. Lastly, to my Christian brothers and sisters, please join me in praying that the Spirit might send a revival across the globe. Hugs to all and Merry Christmas.

canpakes
God

Re: Merry Christmas

Post by canpakes »

Merry Christmas, Ceebs, to you and your family!

(… and may you also enjoy a Happy and Healthy New Year, to follow!)
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Merry Christmas, Ceeboo, to you and yours!
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

Merry Christmas to you Ceeboo and thanks for dropping by with good thoughts. I join your prayer that renewal of Christmas spirit and hope spreads across the land. So merry Christmas to all who pass this way.
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

Christmas isn’t until four more days.
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
Bret Ripley
2nd Counselor

Post by Bret Ripley »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2023 10:58 pm
Christmas isn’t until four more days.
Egad, you're right! I'll bet it was a typo for "Merry feast day of St. Peter Canisius."
dantana
2nd Counselor
Location: Joined 7/18/11, so, apparently, position of senior ranking member.

Post by dantana »

Merry Christmas ceeboo!

Another thing it's about to be in about 15 mins is winter solstice. One of my favorite minutes of the year.
Nobody gets to be a cowboy forever. - Lee Marvin/Monte Walsh
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

dantana wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2023 3:21 am
Merry Christmas ceeboo!

Another thing it's about to be in about 15 mins is winter solstice. One of my favorite minutes of the year.
You and me both.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Physics Guy
God

Post by Physics Guy »

January 3 is perihelion, when Earth swings closest to the sun, and therefore moves a little faster in its orbit. I want to remember to say, “Whee!”
I was a teenager before it was cool.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Hi Ceebs!

We here at the Jersey Homestead are leaning a little more towards Festivus right now. ;) Not to worry we'll get over ourselves! In spite of our obvious human failings, we wish you a Happy Christmas (I'm fake British now) and a peaceful relaxing and soul nourishing time with your loved ones! I join you in praying for revival and renewal for people across the globe, as well as peace for war torn areas of the world and here at home in the U.S. Seems like everywhere we look there is anger, division, and conflict. But I am reminded every day by the generosity and kindness I see, and that there are good people in this world willing to extend themselves to others.

This year in our area, a local resident put out the call for help for a young mother who fled her home in another state due to a serious situation of domestic violence and came here. She is now provided with a new space to live, furniture, general living supplies, toys and equipment for her very young children, groceries and Christmas Dinner, a Go fund me account and Ceebs...she was donated a free car in good running condition and totally road worthy! She's a community worker by trade and since she has transportation now, she can job seek here in our area. One person spearheaded the effort and the community came through!

So yes, even though we see so much conflict in the world and it feels like everything is about to explode...there are very kind and generous people doing what they can to lend a hand to lift up others. I wish you could SEE our private community groups on Facebook! People giving away free random things. Everything and anything! When one family went to purchase their live Christmas tree...they bought TWO and offered one for free to anyone who could use it! I've seen many offerings of extra food and full holiday dinners being given away. People simply buying two or more of something and offering it out. Also putting up posts that said...what's the one thing you need and can't afford this year? And watching person after person fulfill their need! It's been amazing and uplifting!

In closing, I'd like to borrow something I saw on one of my lovely youtube lady's channel.

Christmas can be summed up in three words: God with us.

Best Wishes Ceeboo my brother in Christ who I know that I aggravate sometimes!*

Stay in the Word,
Jersey Girl

:-)

*I'm a liar. It's probably all the time.
Last edited by Jersey Girl on Fri Dec 22, 2023 9:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!