The Nehor

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Nomomo
Priest

The Nehor

Post by Nomomo »

I was checking out the Mormon Dialogue & Discussion Board the other day and noticed the remarkable changes in the online personae of The Nehor. The Nehor of today is nearly unrecognizable as the The Nehor who used to post on this board back in the day. I was also surprised that he identifies as gay now in his The Nehor postings on that board. I wonder if that has been a factor in opening up and shaping his current views on topics. He has certainly progressed to a more (in my opinion) correct view of the world and current events on all the topics that I viewed recent posts of his on.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: The Nehor

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Well, Nehor. I admire your courage to walk your two worlds; that takes courage. I hope you’re able to overcome Mormonism some day because you deserve to live authentically and be with a man who will love you, hold you, and be your one and only.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Imwashingmypirate
Apostle

Post by Imwashingmypirate »

Aww hi nehor :D
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

Nomomo wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2023 6:08 pm
I was also surprised that he identifies as gay now in
I'm pretty sure he identifies as bisexual, and perhaps pansexual. He's talked about how mentioning that he's also attracted to men, when dating a woman, is often the relationship kiss of death.
Nomomo
Priest

Post by Nomomo »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2023 3:29 pm
Nomomo wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2023 6:08 pm
I was also surprised that he identifies as gay now in
I'm pretty sure he identifies as bisexual, and perhaps pansexual. He's talked about how mentioning that he's also attracted to men, when dating a woman, is often the relationship kiss of death.
I stand corrected. I remember seeing that post now.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

From the sound of it, I haven't lurked over there in a very long time, Nehor is just being himself. A contrarian.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

I miss having the Nehor here in our midst.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Nomomo
Priest

Post by Nomomo »

Kishkumen wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 3:34 pm
I miss having the Nehor here in our midst.
Same here. Especially since he is nowadays so much more intelligent in his world views than he was back in the day. He would be a valuable contributor here with the reality based world views he holds nowadays. With the exception of his belief in Mormonism of course. But I will not be surprised when the day comes in the near future that he finally faces and realizes the reality that Mormonism is BS. He is on his way there, it will just take a little while longer.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

But I will not be surprised when the day comes in the near future that he finally faces and realizes the reality that Mormonism is B.S.. He is on his way there, it will just take a little while longer.
I won't be surprised either. Though it's sad to see someone lose his eternal reward just to fulfill his urge to be sodomized.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

ajax18 wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 11:28 pm
But I will not be surprised when the day comes in the near future that he finally faces and realizes the reality that Mormonism is B.S.. He is on his way there, it will just take a little while longer.
I won't be surprised either. Though it's sad to see someone lose his eternal reward just to fulfill his urge to be sodomized.
You don't have to be LGBTQ or of any other gender orientation other than straight heterosexual to come to the unequivocal conclusion that Mormonism is mostly B.S. All it takes is a commitment to diligently seek out and honestly consider the relevant and still growing evidence of that fact, a solid grounding in science and human history, and a well-honed capacity for critical thinking.

Just taking the Book of Mormon alone as literal, historical fact, given what we now know about the archeological, geophysical and other facts concerning the past history of the Americas and previous human inhabitation, is approximately on the same cognizant level as insisting that the world is flat and the center around which the rest of the universe rotates!
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.