HAPPY BIRTHDAY to someone who has influenced us all!

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Gadianton
God

Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to someone who has influenced us all!

Post by Gadianton »

If Perfume wrote a song about the Davidic Servant, I admit that would be epic.

I also admit that's a great photo of the Survivor Tree.

But what made you purchase these materials online? How did you come about them, and why did you have any interest in them?

You mentioned still being a TBM at the time, as if you aren't anymore. Were you falling to a different path prior to these materials, and then you discovered them, or were you perfectly in the faith until you encountered them?
Morley
God
Location: Gotta love this 1794 woodcut portrait by Toshusai Sharaku.

Post by Morley »

Gadianton wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2023 4:42 pm
Perfume's song about the Davidic Servant has not been written yet, but the Davidic Servant has written about Perfume.

https://medium.com/@davidrdeady/perfume ... 3e85e5e7f9

Note that the article was written by David Deady on Jan, 11, 2019. If you add the 20 in the year to the 19, you get 39. Add the 3 and the 9 and you get 12, which can be interpreted as 11 minus 1. Writing the date out in numbers this way, you get 1 for January, 11 for the date, and 11-1 for the year--so it's 1-11-11-1. Who is number 1? Well, number one in the pantheon of gods, for all of us, is Christ--the very person that the Davidic Servant is going to usher in!

And we're all celebrating his birthday tomorrow, just a couple of days after Smithmas!

Why are there six ones in 1-11-11-1? It's because word 'six' sounds like 'sex' which, like all references to God, we should all avoid talking about.

David Deady is code for the David Servant. 'Deady' represents Christ rising from the dead. The word 'Christ' has six letters, which is the same number as there are digits in 1-11-11-1.

Though 'Christ' has six letters, 'David' has five letters. That's because 5 comes before 6, in the the same way that The Davidic Servant comes before Christ.

I could write more, but much of this has been sealed away to be revealed at another time.

Happy 1-11-11-1mas to Perfume, the Davidic Servant, and the entire Discuss Mormon community!

edit for Shades: Yes, I know Christmas is not until tomorrow, but I'm wishing you happy a day early, this year.
Physics Guy
God

Post by Physics Guy »

Almost thou persuadest me to become a numerologist.
I was a teenager before it was cool.
High Spy
1st Quorum of 70

Post by High Spy »

Gadianton wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2023 4:42 pm

I also admit that's a great photo of the Survivor Tree.

But what made you purchase these materials online? How did you come about them, and why did you have any interest in them?

You mentioned still being a TBM at the time, as if you aren't anymore. Were you falling to a different path prior to these materials, and then you discovered them, or were you perfectly in the faith until you encountered them?
https://ldsfreedomforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=51962 is where The Wicker Man begins to tell his story, and included lyrics by Iron Maiden. Only today I noticed the part about the Bible codes; anyone run the software spoken of, that was the only one on a Walmart shelf?

Maybe you’re referring to TSMs video footage that he showed in GC. Witnesses and myself stood near the Survivor Tree, but didn’t take any pictures of it.

No materials were purchased online. My friend and I were in OKC for technical training. To produce 8 copies of Cher Ami, I did purchase a DVD recorder and color printer. The videos were recorded from lds.org or KBYU.

My dad encouraged me to go to church, but didn’t attend himself due to unreasonable demands of the church. I went until age 16 and began working for the church, but didn’t have a testimony either way. My thinking was that, the Catholic’s say they’re the one true church too. In 1986 a friend and I tormented an Ouija board, my cat became possessed, and my first marriage ended in divorce.

I read Prophecy - Key to the Future in 1987 and recognized that Joseph Smith had prophesied Civil War. This guided my path towards my next wife, and commitment to become active, etc. On March 8 in 80, 88, 89, and 1990 I had strange encounters with women that always had CH in their name.

The 5.7 quake that landed Moroni’s Instrument, with the attendant timing pattern, shown at March8Miracle.org really opened my eyes. The 6.5 in Idaho shook my son and daughter on my son’s unusual birthday. Then The Spirit was invited to answer with a 7.3.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

I read the Wicker Man's story. It turns out we have at least two things in common. Like the Wicker Man, as I was about to be born my parents planned to name me Michael, but someone objected profusely, and this person was also female, but in my case; parents caved. They turned to the Book of Mormon and named me something else.

I also nearly died in a car-related incident when I was around 4. Doctors said I would have permanent brain damage. Maybe that's true.

I was not aware of the Bible code software. I learned about the Bible codes by watching daytime TV, the main Bible code guy was on Oprah. I was home from school sick. Although, that might make for a fun Python project.

I'm confused; so you and your friends produced Cher Ami, and it was your own creation that you showed your bishop?

Oh, I also read Prophecy Key to the Future around '87. I'm trying to remember how this goes exactly: Dwayne knew my mother's family. Unlike, say, Lou Midgley, he was apparently an outstanding Christian. There was someone in my family that he gave a ride to church faithfully every week -- maybe not Sunday, it could have been one of the other weekly meetings. Man, the things I wished I would have written down before my parents passed on.

was it Dwayne's book that led you down the path then resulted in the creation of Cher Ami?
dantana
2nd Counselor
Location: Joined 7/18/11, so, apparently, position of senior ranking member.

Post by dantana »

Morley wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2023 6:07 pm
Perfume's song about the Davidic Servant has not been written yet, but the Davidic Servant has written about Perfume.

https://medium.com/@davidrdeady/perfume ... 3e85e5e7f9

Note that the article was written by David Deady on Jan, 11, 2019. If you add the 20 in the year to the 19, you get 39. Add the 3 and the 9 and you get 12, which can be interpreted as 11 minus 1. Writing the date out in numbers this way, you get 1 for January, 11 for the date, and 11-1 for the year--so it's 1-11-11-1. Who is number 1? Well, number one in the pantheon of gods, for all of us, is Christ--the very person that the Davidic Servant is going to usher in!

And we're all celebrating his birthday tomorrow, just a couple of days after Smithmas!

Why are there six ones in 1-11-11-1? It's because word 'six' sounds like 'sex' which, like all references to God, we should all avoid talking about.

David Deady is code for the David Servant. 'Deady' represents Christ rising from the dead. The word 'Christ' has six letters, which is the same number as there are digits in 1-11-11-1.

Though 'Christ' has six letters, 'David' has five letters. That's because 5 comes before 6, in the the same way that The Davidic Servant comes before Christ.

I could write more, but much of this has been sealed away to be revealed at another time.

Happy 1-11-11-1mas to Perfume, the Davidic Servant, and the entire Discuss Mormon community!

edit for Shades: Yes, I know Christmas is not until tomorrow, but I'm wishing you happy a day early, this year.
:lol: :lol:

Okay so, I'm at the point where I'm gonna need a CFPLI - (call for Poe's law inquiry) No, not on this post, on High Spy. I'm still not convinced he's not Mike Mike Mike and Mike having us all on.
Nobody gets to be a cowboy forever. - Lee Marvin/Monte Walsh
High Spy
1st Quorum of 70

Post by High Spy »

Gadianton wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2023 1:46 am
I read the Wicker Man's story. It turns out we have at least two things in common. Like the Wicker Man, as I was about to be born my parents planned to name me Michael, but someone objected profusely, and this person was also female, but in my case; parents caved. They turned to the Book of Mormon and named me something else.

I also nearly died in a car-related incident when I was around 4. Doctors said I would have permanent brain damage. Maybe that's true.

I was not aware of the Bible code software. I learned about the Bible codes by watching daytime TV, the main Bible code guy was on Oprah. I was home from school sick. Although, that might make for a fun Python project.

I'm confused; so you and your friends produced Cher Ami, and it was your own creation that you showed your bishop?

Oh, I also read Prophecy Key to the Future around '87. I'm trying to remember how this goes exactly: Dwayne knew my mother's family. Unlike, say, Lou Midgley, he was apparently an outstanding Christian. There was someone in my family that he gave a ride to church faithfully every week -- maybe not Sunday, it could have been one of the other weekly meetings. Man, the things I wished I would have written down before my parents passed on.

was it Dwayne's book that led you down the path then resulted in the creation of Cher Ami?
I never took the Bible code stuff seriously. Swift was my latest experience with a programming language. My friend and I attended 9 weeks of 9 school that began on January 9, 2002. 9 school, in this case is the ASR-9 (Airport Surveillance Radar model 9). My wife accompanied me, while my friend’s wife remained in Utah. They two of them witnessed my taking of the photo. Everything after that was my doing. I gave my friend a copy, and another friend named Pratt, being a descendent of PPP that was born on March 8. I also sent a copy to Chad Daybell leaving the last page blank.

Duane’s book was part of my first serious inquiry into religion. It came soon after I began working for Varian Associates, after seeing True Stories that was narrated by David Byrne of the Talking Heads. The Varian Brothers invented the Klystron tubes used in the ASR-9 transmitters. Seeing an ad for Varian sparked the idea that God was guiding my path, although I don’t recall ever praying about stuff back then, and had chalked up my first March 8 experience to mere coincidence, albeit an interesting one.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

I also sent a copy to Chad Daybell leaving the last page blank.
Right -- if there were ever proof of just how important taking Bible prophesy seriously is to humanity.

Given what my my mother said about Duane, that he was this simple, kind, and generous person, I have to wonder what he would think of his legacy. Duane was absolutely correct that Mormonism is an Adventist religion looking forward to dramatic end times. Every Mormon household has a copy of his book in their home somewhere. At one time, food storage and prepping was absolutely an integral part to being Mormon. All that has faded into the background for the average member.

Those who take the Last Days message seriously -- no disrespect intended or anything -- generally have some issues.

You never said how your Bishop reacted to the materials you showed him. Did he say in response, "Come, brother, let us listen to The Rhyme of the Ancient Mariner together and afterwards, I have some secrets to reveal."
High Spy
1st Quorum of 70

Post by High Spy »

Gadianton wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2023 5:49 pm
I also sent a copy to Chad Daybell leaving the last page blank.
Right -- if there were ever proof of just how important taking Bible prophesy seriously is to humanity.

Given what my my mother said about Duane, that he was this simple, kind, and generous person, I have to wonder what he would think of his legacy. Duane was absolutely correct that Mormonism is an Adventist religion looking forward to dramatic end times. Every Mormon household has a copy of his book in their home somewhere. At one time, food storage and prepping was absolutely an integral part to being Mormon. All that has faded into the background for the average member.

Those who take the Last Days message seriously -- no disrespect intended or anything -- generally have some issues.

You never said how your Bishop reacted to the materials you showed him. Did he say in response, "Come, brother, let us listen to The Rhyme of the Ancient Mariner together and afterwards, I have some secrets to reveal."
Chad had CH in his name and was running a publishing house at the time. It was an obvious dead end, but it did fill up the final page in an amazing way.

President Reagan passed away soon after I sent it. Seems like there were headlines saying he was the 38th president, but maybe not.

It did arrive at 8:02, similar to the March 18th quake was at 07:09 AM local time.

When my wife and I moved in to the ward we had a really cool bus driving Bishop, but then the ward split and I sent two books to the new guy, that turned out to be a real jerk. First he was mad that I’d even sent it to him, saying the EQP would contact me. April 6 or 46 was the end of a seven day window I’d surmised. Funny thing is my ward was just west of State Street and the EQPs address included 46 West. He had chosen his phone numbers to also end with 46. :lol:

He didn’t give me my books though, and spy wonders whatever became of them. Soon thereafter my guard unit was stood down and I took a job in Saipan.