Carol Kaye: The Greatest Studio Musician Who Ever Lived

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Re: Carol Kaye: The Greatest Studio Musician Who Ever Lived

Post by Dr. Shades »

Nomomo wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 4:11 am
Chap wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 1:31 pm
No I don't.

I'll take your word for the fact that she is good at what she does, but then so are lots of other people whose work in no way touches on anything that interests me.
So.... the fascinating career of "The First Lady of Bass" in her 10,000 recordings doesn't interest you at all? Your loss. Evidently music and the musicians product and careers are not worthy of your interest,. Got it. As I said, Your loss. Your lack of interest in music and the musicians who created it is acknowledged. The greatest studio studio musician who played electric bass that ever lived is an uninteresting topic to you. Sad.
The thing is, now that you’ve given him some details, he probably IS interested. It was most likely quite difficult to become interested with no information at all.
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
Nomomo
Priest

Post by Nomomo »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 5:19 am
Nomomo wrote:
So.... the fascinating career of "The First Lady of Bass" in her 10,000 recordings doesn't interest you at all? Your loss. Evidently music and the musicians product and careers are not worthy of your interest,. Got it. As I said, Your loss. Your lack of interest in music and the musicians who created it is acknowledged. The greatest studio studio musician who played electric bass that ever lived is an uninteresting topic to you. Sad.
The thing is, now that you’ve given him some details, he probably IS interested. It was most likely quite difficult to become interested with no information at all.
Perhaps, perhaps not. Seems to me that the most creative and greatest studio musician who ever lived to him is only just someone who is good at what they do and nothing more. Of no interest to him.
Last edited by Nomomo on Fri Dec 29, 2023 6:30 am, edited 8 times in total.
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

Nomomo wrote:
Chap wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 1:31 pm
No I don't.

I'll take your word for the fact that she is good at what she does, but then so are lots of other people whose work in no way touches on anything that interests me.
There are different kinds of music, which interest different people. Her kind of music does not interest me. Other kinds do. You are under no obligation to share my interests, neither am I at fault for not sharing yours.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

Nomo wrote: Seems to me that the most creative and greatest studio musician who ever lived to him is only just someone who is good at what they do and nothing more. Of no interest to him.
Hey man, even the greatest bassist in the world is still just a bassist. Bassists just get no love.