Have you ever deactivated your Facebook temporarily?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Jersey Girl
God

Have you ever deactivated your Facebook temporarily?

Post by Jersey Girl »

Hello People!

Have you fairly recently temp. deactivated your Facebook? As in taking a break from social media? If you did, was it easy to reactivate it again? What are the pros and cons of deactivation? I've read online about deactivation and reactivation but some of it looks like old news to me. Did you lose any information, photos, or messages? I'm assuming messenger doesn't work when you deactivate?

I don't want to lose my account. Just take a break. Get it out of my face as it were.

Thanks if you have experience to draw on and are willing to share! I may not reply right away to any posts made here. It's the whole reducing exposure to social media I'm doing right now.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Imwashingmypirate
Apostle

Re: Have you ever deactivated your Facebook temporarily?

Post by Imwashingmypirate »

Hey, I think, personally, I wouldn't if it were mine purely because a few years ago I lost my camera with Oliver's baby pictures and videos and thankfully I shared some on Facebook and so I still have those. But would be gutted if they were gone too. I lack trust. But that is me personally.

You can just log out and delete the apps off your phone. And then reinstall the apps and log back in.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Imwashingmypirate wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2023 12:22 pm
Hey, I think, personally, I wouldn't if it were mine purely because a few years ago I lost my camera with Oliver's baby pictures and videos and thankfully I shared some on Facebook and so I still have those. But would be gutted if they were gone too. I lack trust. But that is me personally.

You can just log out and delete the apps off your phone. And then reinstall the apps and log back in.
I'm an idiot.

I deleted the apps from my phone but hadn't even thought about just logging out. :shock: It might have come to me eventually but my attention is all over the place right now which is why I need to reduce distractions. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

That's exactly what I'll do. :)

End of thread!
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

Why not just temporarily not visit it?
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2023 8:23 am
Why not just temporarily not visit it?
Honey, take my hand...I get a number of messages every single day throughout the day and evening on Facebook messenger. It doesn't matter if I've not got the page open. The messages flash across my screen. I use my computer for other things. I could be in the middle of reading my daily devotional or writing. I'm not well. The messages feel intrusive. They get on my last nerve. I need peace.

I really need to go now.

Slava Ukraini!