Threatening the Soul of the United States of America

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
canpakes
God

Re: Threatening the Soul of the United States of America

Post by canpakes »

ajax18 wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2024 8:10 pm
It's an interesting explanation on how the mostly dead Joe Biden could run a campaign from his basement and outperform Barack Obama. As Joy Reid says, "Demography is destiny." It's hard to stop a party who can purchase votes with your tax dollars. Allowing people to vote who don't contribute anything is where democracy fails. If God ever sees fit to grant us a second chance at freedom, that is the one rule that must never be broken. Only net contributors should ever be allowed the right to vote. You can never decouple rights from responsibilities as we've done in this country and not see it end in disaster.
OK, so people such as stay-at-home moms, handicapped non-working individuals, and retired folks not paying income tax on Social Security need to be cut from the eligible voter rolls?
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Shroyer said, "But Barack Obama — you know, find the tallest tree and a rope."

Remember, Ajax is the guy who says he's no longer a white supremacist, but he's using an uneducated white supremacist to teach him about the Constitution.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Vēritās wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:51 am

Remember, Ajax is the guy who says he's no longer a white supremacist, but he's using an uneducated white supremacist to teach him about the Constitution.
Once again, ajax has revealed himself to be either a willfully misinformed fool and dupe of the MAGA cult, or a deliberate and eager promoter and disseminator of unfounded, irrational conspiracies and lies. Which is he? Just another ignorant and gullible victim of the MAGA cult, or an unrepentant, determinedly incorrigible violator of the ninth commandment, like his hero, Trump? Perhaps some of both?
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Gunnar wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2024 4:24 am
Vēritās wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:51 am

Once again, ajax has revealed himself to be either a willfully misinformed fool and dupe of the MAGA cult, or a deliberate and eager promoter and disseminator of unfounded, irrational conspiracies and lies. Which is he? Just another ignorant and gullible victim of the MAGA cult, or an unrepentant, determinedly incorrigible violator of the ninth commandment, like his hero, Trump? Perhaps some of both?
Gunnar, that sounds unusually grumpy. We’re only on Day 2 of the New Year.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

canpakes wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2024 5:11 am
Gunnar, that sounds unusually grumpy. We’re only on Day 2 of the New Year.
I'm sorry, but I can't help feeling a bit grumpy when every day there is a new bit of news about how hateful and vindictive Trump and his sycophants are. And seemingly getting more so. It isn't just his physical body that is stinky!
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

To be perfectly honest I didn't read the entire OP. I also haven't read the posts here. I won't let that stop me from putting in my 2 cents. ;)

The author of the article is wrong about what compassion is. What he's talking about is perspective taking which is the foundation of empathy. That nitpicking aside...

Quite obviously, DT didn't open the gates to hell in this country. The behaviors that we're seeing--bigotry, hatred, violence, contempt--were simply closeted. What he did do was normalize anti-social behaviors by modeling them from the Presidential pulpit.

He's a horribly sick minded man whose personality construct is missing several essential building blocks. Outwardly he looks like any other human being (debatable) but inwardly there's a black hole of nothingness where normal human development should have afforded him a conscience and a soul.

He has neither. He'll never have them. He can't be fixed. It was over in childhood. He's a highly rapidly spreading cancer who has metastasized all over this blasted country and by my observation, caused a rippling effect of powder keg behaviors internationally.

I haven't been reading whole news articles lately (intentional on my part) only catching the headlines here and there. It looks like some supporters and members of the GOP are starting to turn away from him. One can only hope!

Let's hope the New Year finds him remanded to Mar a lago without the ability to travel or use social media platforms. Let's hope we never see his face or hear his voice again. Let's hope that once he's muzzled and caged, that people begin to rightly condemn those to whom he gave permission to act out in our society and that their voices drown out his rabid barking forever.

As for me, I've had no problem at all avoiding the deep dive into what he's doing and saying right now. For now, I elect not to swim in toxic waters and I say let him sink to the bottom where he belongs!
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2024 7:06 am
Quite obviously, DT didn't open the gates to hell in this country. The behaviors that we're seeing--bigotry, hatred, violence, contempt--were simply closeted. What he did do was normalize anti-social behaviors by modeling them from the Presidential pulpit.
This x 100.

I've been saying this for years now. Trump is an opportunist who saw an opportunity to tap into the dark underbelly of racist America and got them flooding out of the woodworks to vote for him. He never stood a chance getting elected without them as evidence by the fact that Romney destroyed him in 2012. It wasn't until his racist rant in 2015 attacking Mexicans and turning immigrants into a boogeyman, that people started looking his way.

Trump didn't create an ignorant, racist/bigoted society, he merely gave more power to them. He enabled them with a louder voice and his MAGA courts and State legislatures are learning that it is possible to take us back to Jim Crow days and so they are normalizing the hate and bigotry we thought we had cured ourselves from decades ago.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Vēritās wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2024 4:45 pm
Jersey Girl wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2024 7:06 am
This x 100.

I've been saying this for years now. Trump is an opportunist who saw an opportunity to tap into the dark underbelly of racist America and got them flooding out of the woodworks to vote for him. He never stood a chance getting elected without them as evidence by the fact that Romney destroyed him in 2012. It wasn't until his racist rant in 2015 attacking Mexicans and turning immigrants into a boogeyman, that people started looking his way.

Trump didn't create an ignorant, racist/bigoted society, he merely gave more power to them. He enabled them with a louder voice and his MAGA courts and State legislatures are learning that it is possible to take us back to Jim Crow days and so they are normalizing the hate and bigotry we thought we had cured ourselves from decades ago.
I agree, but you and Jersey Girl both said it better than I could.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Gunnar wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2024 6:02 pm
Vēritās wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2024 4:45 pm
This x 100.

I agree, but you and Jersey Girl both said it better than I could.
That man is the gopher in America's backyard consuming every positive and nourishing thing around him.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Where in the heck do I put this? Here...

New footage shows January 6 rioters yelling at GOP lawmakers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wem5KJu8HI

Rioter: Do you understand we're fighting for you?

Me: Do you understand you're delusional?

(Notice that not one word of profanity came out of my keyboard.)

Slava Ukraini!