George Conway Confirms My Suspicions about Trump

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Gunnar
God

George Conway Confirms My Suspicions about Trump

Post by Gunnar »

George Conway reveals private conversation he had with Trump about a U.S. attorney firing

I have long had a strong suspicion that Donald Trump's primary motivation to run for President was the desperate hope of putting himself into a position where he was immune from lawful indictment and prosecution for crimes of which he knew he was guilty.
During his appearance on MSNBC's "Morning Joe," on Thursday morning, attorney George Conway recalled an unusual conversation he had with Donald Trump in 2017 before his inauguration that was indicative of Trump's reasoning for running for president in the first place.

Conway's memory was jogged by host Mika Brzezinski, who prompted him by rehashing all of Trump's many legal troubles.

"You look at Maine, Colorado, the documents case, Georgia, election interference. You look at the civil fraud suit in New York City. you look at E. Jean Carroll and Stormy Daniels," she said. "I mean, there are — I can't think of someone who has more legal challenges facing him. I don't know how many lawyers he has or can get."

"Well, in terms of the criminal cases, I think he's always had this fear of being prosecuted," Conway replied before recalling, "I mean, one of the things — I didn't realize it at the time, but I flew down to Washington on a plane with him before the inauguration, and he asked me, should he fire the U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York?"

"You know, this is a man who is, I didn't realize it then, but he had to be thinking about him not wanting to be investigated," he added. "Maggie Haberman of the New York Times said a couple of times in 2020, one of the reasons why Trump was running was to avoid prosecution, because you can't prosecute a sitting president."

"He has to run here because, you know, it's a get-out-of-jail card if he is elected. It'll be constitutionally —," he continued as Brzezinski interrupted and asked, "You're saying he could beat the clock?"

"No, I don't think he is going to beat the clock," Conway replied. "I think that this case here in the District of Columbia, the January 6th case before Judge [Tanya] Chutkan is going to be tried this summer at the latest."

"But he is running for his freedom," he added. "He is a man who probably, in my estimation, is going to spend the rest of his life in a federal or state prison."
This, I am convinced, is the real reason Trump is so adamantly insisting, despite unequivocal contrary evidence, that the 2020 election was unlawfully stolen from him, and why he wants so desperately to overturn that election result and run again in 2024. If he is nominated and loses the election, he is already primed to attempt another insurrection with the help of appointees and staff that he has carefully chosen for their abject loyalty to Trump, regardless of their qualifications (or lack of them) for the jobs he to which he has appointed them.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Jersey Girl
God

Re: George Conway Confirms My Suspicions about Trump

Post by Jersey Girl »

Yes and recall that when he ran in 2016 some people (after the fact I think) said he did so to promote his business.

I agree with you about 2020 and 2024. I've read to the effect that if he's off the ballot in x number of states he'll use that in some way in an attempt to thwart a 2024 outcome or simply call it a rigged election regardless of what ballots he's off. He'll use anything to cause another disruption. He never stops causing disruption and chaos. Michael Cohen says he does that in an attempt to wear people down. I just hope that the American public have had enough of his efforts to wear us all down.

He set up the insurrection before the outcome was realized in 2020. Remember that? Said if he didn't win it could only be a rigged election.

He's in a continuous process of preparing for the next move that he thinks will save his hide. I mean, his potentially incarcerated hide.

The man is a malignancy.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Gunnar
God

Re: George Conway Confirms My Suspicions about Trump

Post by Gunnar »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 4:33 am
Yes and recall that when he ran in 2016 some people (after the fact I think) said he did so to promote his business.

I agree with you about 2020 and 2024. I've read to the effect that if he's off the ballot in x number of states he'll use that in some way in an attempt to thwart a 2024 outcome or simply call it a rigged election regardless of what ballots he's off. He'll use anything to cause another disruption. He never stops causing disruption and chaos. Michael Cohen says he does that in an attempt to wear people down. I just hope that the American public have had enough of his efforts to wear us all down.

He set up the insurrection before the outcome was realized in 2020. Remember that? Said if he didn't win it could only be a rigged election.

He's in a continuous process of preparing for the next move that he thinks will save his hide. I mean, his potentially incarcerated hide.

The man is a malignancy.
It's remarkable that even the few Republicans who are running against Trump seem very reluctant to criticize him for his obvious failings or admit he really lost in 2020. Probably because: 1) They want to minimize antagonizing his still sizable, Republican, sycophantic base and 2) maximize their chances of being Trump's chosen running mate, should he happen to win the Republican nomination. What cowards they all are!
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.