Kids outsmarted me

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Imwashingmypirate
Apostle

Kids outsmarted me

Post by Imwashingmypirate »

Oli was getting worried because he has teddies that weren't in bed with him and I was saying the teddies don't have feelings and he was arguing that they do and so I tried to explain that the energy they have is created in his perception so if he is thinking they aren't happy or they are cold then that's the perception he is creating and this went on for a while and Phoebe was saying teddies don't have feelings they aren't real. So I said if you can prove they have real feelings I'll eat my socks. And then Oli said that the elves and Santa and the tooth fairy have magic and then it clicked. I wasn't going to win this one if I'm going to tell them that there's an elf that's magic and moves about our house then how can I argue that his teddies don't have feelings and before I could say anything Phoebe started shouting eat your socks eat your socks.. I swear she must have felt that Oliver won.

So in the end I just said they will be fine. they like being in the toy bucket. That's their home.
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Re: Kids outsmarted me

Post by Dr. Shades »

How old is Oliver?
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
msnobody
Prophet

Post by msnobody »

I remember putting all of my stuffed animals with their heads on the pillow and covers pulled up to their necks. I had the bed filled up all the way across. If I recall correctly, they all needed to be there.
The LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession... The LORD set his love on you and chose you... The LORD has brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the house of slavery. Deut. 7
Imwashingmypirate
Apostle

Dr. Shades wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:53 am
How old is Oliver?
Imwashingmypirate
Apostle

msnobody wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 2:27 am
I remember putting all of my stuffed animals with their heads on the pillow and covers pulled up to their necks. I had the bed filled up all the way across. If I recall correctly, they all needed to be there.
I understand the dilemma. I had teddies in bed and I was convinced the others were jealous and wanted to murder me. It was a battle between do I let them all in bed but give them easy access if they still want to murder me or have no teddies in bed.
msnobody
Prophet

Post by msnobody »

Imwashingmypirate wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:11 am
msnobody wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 2:27 am
I understand the dilemma. I had teddies in bed and I was convinced the others were jealous and wanted to murder me. It was a battle between do I let them all in bed but give them easy access if they still want to murder me or have no teddies in bed.
That’s a scary thought.
The LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession... The LORD set his love on you and chose you... The LORD has brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the house of slavery. Deut. 7