Board going rather s-l-o-w-l-y?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Gadianton
God

Re: Board going rather s-l-o-w-l-y?

Post by Gadianton »

Yeah, over the holidays we ran into some space issues. The problem has been worked around, but for some reason it hasn't resulted in the performance issues going away.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

I have also noticed that a few times recently. I'm relieved to find out that it is not just my computer acting up.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
High Spy
1st Quorum of 70

Post by High Spy »

Gadianton wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 3:06 am
Yeah, over the holidays we ran into some space issues. The problem has been worked around, but for some reason it hasn't resulted in the performance issues going away.
Just think of each brief delay as a moment of silence, to reflect on the fact that we are now experiencing a period of silence in heaven. :idea:
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

High Spy wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2024 10:55 pm
Not sure where sustained spikes in visitors are coming from, but The Wicker Man may be influencing things behind the scenes too.
No. The Wicker Man has no power or influence over the workings of this message board whatsoever.
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

No. The Wicker Man has no power or influence over the workings of this message board whatsoever.
I wouldn't be so sure.

---

for those viewing -- I'm going to kick everyone out at 10 PM ET; rather some maintenance that will kick everyone off.

I'm pretty sure the issue is database related, unfortunately I don't know much about databases and I've been sick also. The last couple days I've put some time into learning basic things and so hopefully will eventually stumble onto the answer.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Gadianton wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:55 am
I wouldn't be so sure.

---

for those viewing -- I'm going to kick everyone out at 10 PM ET; rather some maintenance that will kick everyone off.

I'm pretty sure the issue is database related, unfortunately I don't know much about databases and I've been sick also. The last couple days I've put some time into learning basic things and so hopefully will eventually stumble onto the answer.
Tonight, Gad?

You're a smart man. I think you can figure it! (Vote of confidence!)
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

You did something, Gad. It's working just fine for me this morning.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:20 pm
You did something, Gad. It's working just fine for me this morning.
Same here!
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.