We Need More Immigrants, not Fewer

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
yellowstone123
1st Counselor

Re: We Need More Immigrants, not Fewer

Post by yellowstone123 »

I agree there are a lot of people outside the USA that would help make our nation thrive, but screening needs to be done. Instead of paying billions in taxes as it appears we are in a war time economy and that would help, some are going to hurt people and the right screening would have put them on a bus to Mexico City instead of Chicago and New York.
Two mottos I try to follow: 1) my hero is truth; 2) no surprises.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

yellowstone123 wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 5:15 am
I agree there are a lot of people outside the USA that would help make our nation thrive, but screening needs to be done. Instead of paying billions in taxes as it appears we are in a war time economy and that would help, some are going to hurt people and the right screening would have put them on a bus to Mexico City instead of Chicago and New York.
I wonder if the teenagers kicked out of community centers and basketball courts requisitioned to house illegal immigrants view Biden's open border as making the country thrive.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
yellowstone123
1st Counselor

Post by yellowstone123 »

ajax18 wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:40 pm
yellowstone123 wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 5:15 am
I wonder if the teenagers kicked out of community centers and basketball courts requisitioned to house illegal immigrants view Biden's open border as making the country thrive.
That doesn’t sound right or fair, but definitely the work of social science and a planning committee.
Two mottos I try to follow: 1) my hero is truth; 2) no surprises.
Brack
Deacon

Post by Brack »

ajax18 wrote:
Why did MAGA Republicans oppose a bill that was supported by the conservative-leaning Border Patrol union, a bill which would have reformed and updated the asylum process and immigration system and increase border security???
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Brack wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:38 pm
ajax18 wrote:
Why did MAGA Republicans oppose a bill that was supported by the conservative-leaning Border Patrol union, a bill which would have reformed and updated the asylum process and immigration system and increase border security???
Republicans are admitting privately they killed it because Trump told them to do it.

If conservatives wonder why government doesn’t work it’s because they elect people to make sure it doesn’t work.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Brack wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:38 pm
ajax18 wrote:
Read Chris Murphy's (D) assurances to open border Democrats about the bill and you'll find the reason that it would ultimately provide no border enforcement. Mitch McConnell needs to be primaried.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Remember how Republicans imagined Democrats had a shadow government? Trump is literally what a shadow government is; someone who isn’t elected controlling the behavior of elected officials to work against the common good. Once again, every accusation is a confession.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:25 pm
Remember how Republicans imagined Democrats had a shadow government? Trump is literally what a shadow government is; someone who isn’t elected controlling the behavior of elected officials to work against the common good. Once again, every accusation is a confession.

- Doc
I am both impressed and dismayed by how many people there still are to whom this is not yet glaringly and damnably obvious!
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Gunnar wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:56 am
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:25 pm

- Doc
I am both impressed and dismayed by how many people there still are to whom this is not yet glaringly and damnably obvious!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lC2JaIyunVo

You let them in. You pay for it.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

ajax18 wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:27 pm
Gunnar wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:56 am
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lC2JaIyunVo

You let them in. You pay for it.
Don't you understand, that Doc Cam is merely pointing out the glaringly obvious fact that it is the Republicans who are being manipulated and controlled by an unelected shadow government, (namely Trump and his corrupt and/or gullible sycophants,) not the democrats? Most of them are still too cowardly or dishonest to admit that they are too terrified of Trump to openly oppose anything Trump wants them to do, no matter how egregiously or corrupt or violative of the constitution he swore to support during his inauguration.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.