MAGA Dilemma: Taylor Swift vs 49er

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Moksha
God

MAGA Dilemma: Taylor Swift vs 49er

Post by Moksha »

Normally, MAGAs would boo San Francisco but this time they are playing against the Kansas City Chief's Taylor Swift who has avowed to encourage young people to vote.

What are Trump-loving right-wingers to do? After being betrayed by Budweiser, will they ignore the Super Bowl?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Re: MAGA Dilemma: Taylor Swift vs 49er

Post by Dr. Shades »

Moksha wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2024 5:01 am
Normally, MAGAs would boo San Francisco but this time they are playing against the Kansas City Chief's Taylor Swift who has avowed to encourage young people to vote.
Taylor Swift doesn't play for the Kansas City Chiefs.
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Thanks for clearing that up.

:roll:
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Morley
God
Location: Gotta love this 1794 woodcut portrait by Toshusai Sharaku.

Post by Morley »

Moksha wrote:

What are Trump-loving right-wingers to do? After being betrayed by Budweiser, will they ignore the Super Bowl?
Nice to see yo back here, Moksha.
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:13 am
Moksha wrote:
Taylor Swift doesn't play for the Kansas City Chiefs.
Swift plays for Kelce who is a KC Chief.

Man, I hope the Niners crush the Chiefs (but I have very little hope they will).
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

Some Schmo wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:38 pm
Man, I hope the Niners crush the Chiefs (but I have very little hope they will).
Why? What’s the difference?
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
Brack
Deacon

Post by Brack »

Some Schmo wrote:
Swift plays for Kelce who is a KC Chief.

I hope that the Niners win too.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Give Andy Reid and Steve Spagnola credit for a great gameplan. They beat a better Baltimore Ravens team.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Bret Ripley
2nd Counselor

Post by Bret Ripley »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:46 pm
Some Schmo wrote:
Why? What’s the difference?
Chiefs know how to Superbowl.

Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

The Ravens beat themselves. 8 penalties for 95 yards, including a 15 yard taunting penalty that killed an almost guaranteed TD run. The taunter fumbled in the same run, at the 1 yard line, and in anger banged his hand on the bench and cut it after the play. Penalties included hitting Mahomes after the play, leading with their helmet--another 15 yd penalty, If I recall correctly. The last one was an offsides jump late in the game where a Raven simply jumped the hike and took out the player across from him, another 15 yds, If I recall correctly.

Chiefs: 3 penalties for 30 yards.