MAGA Dilemma: Taylor Swift vs 49er

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Some Schmo
God

Re: MAGA Dilemma: Taylor Swift vs 49er

Post by Some Schmo »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:46 pm
Some Schmo wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:38 pm
Man, I hope the Niners crush the Chiefs (but I have very little hope they will).
Why? What’s the difference?
Well, I've been a 49er fan since the 80's. I'd like to see them win it again.

I don't mind the Chiefs, but they have some fans I'd like to see humbled.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Marcus wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:48 am
The Ravens beat themselves. 8 penalties for 95 yards, including a 15 yard taunting penalty that killed an almost guaranteed TD run. The taunter fumbled in the same run, at the 1 yard line, and in anger banged his hand on the bench and cut it after the play. Penalties included hitting Mahomes after the play, leading with their helmet--another 15 yd penalty, If I recall correctly. The last one was an offsides jump late in the game where a Raven simply jumped the hike and took out the player across from him, another 15 yds, If I recall correctly.

Chiefs: 3 penalties for 30 yards.
I agree. I think some of those penalties can be blamed on poor coaching or perhaps good athletes that either aren't very smart or suffer from a lack of self control.

The main difference i noticed was how much better Patrick Mahomes managed the game than Lamar Jackson. Even though it's not a touchdown, Mahomes made some great plays just to throw the ball away and avoid a sack or an interception. Jackson was a better athlete, maybe even had a better arm, but Mahomes made much better decisions.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Some Schmo wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 1:51 pm
Dr. Shades wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:46 pm
Why? What’s the difference?
Well, I've been a 49er fan since the 80's. I'd like to see them win it again.

I don't mind the Chiefs, but they have some fans I'd like to see humbled.
For a foolish Mormon, Andy Reid seems like a pretty wise football coach.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Brack wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:04 pm
Some Schmo wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:38 pm
Swift plays for Kelce who is a KC Chief.

Man, I hope the Niners crush the Chiefs (but I have very little hope they will).

I hope that the Niners win too.
I was disappointed that the 49ers lost, but no one can reasonably deny that the Chiefs played an excellent and gutsy game and deserved being declared champions. Both teams acquitted themselves well, over all, I think, and either one would have well deserved championship status for winning.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

Gunnar wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:10 am
Both teams acquitted themselves well, over all, I think, and either one would have well deserved championship status for winning.
Fortunately, that's exactly what happens to the team that wins. Every year. By definition.
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:31 am
Gunnar wrote:
Both teams acquitted themselves well, over all, I think, and either one would have well deserved championship status for winning.
Fortunately, that's exactly what happens to the team that wins. Every year. By definition.
:oops: Well, yeah. Of course, but what I really meant to convey is that both teams were good enough so that it would not have been a disgrace for either one to lose to the other. They both played impressively well.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

I saw Kelce call Andy Reid the best leader of men the game has ever seen.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Gunnar wrote:
That's an overly simplistic response that leaves no room for the sense of satisfaction or dissatisfaction that may follow a game depending on how well matched the teams were on that day. If both play excellent football, but one edges out the other, then it is a lot more satisfying than Washington decimating Denver in Super Bowl XXII, which pretty much ended my interest in pro football. And I say that as a former Washington fan who was a fan at the time of the drubbing.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Kishkumen wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:46 pm
Dr. Shades wrote:
That's an overly simplistic response that leaves no room for the sense of satisfaction or dissatisfaction that may follow a game depending on how well matched the teams were on that day. If both play excellent football, but one edges out the other, then it is a lot more satisfying than Washington decimating Denver in Super Bowl XXII, which pretty much ended my interest in pro football. And I say that as a former Washington fan who was a fan at the time of the drubbing.
Did you consider yourself racist for singing Hail to the Redskins?
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Kishkumen wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:46 pm
Dr. Shades wrote:

Back in those days, the Super Bowl was usually decided in the NFC Championship game, because the NFC was so much more dominant than the AFC, and the Super Bowls themselves were often blowouts.

The games have been a lot better (closer) the last 10-15 years.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.