Tucker-Putin

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Vēritās
God

Tucker-Putin

Post by Vēritās »

The interview that was supposed to shock the world and trigger the libs turned out to be a huge flop and an embarrassment.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
High Spy
1st Quorum of 70

Re: Tucker-Putin

Post by High Spy »

How so?
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

All we learned is that Putin is just as nutty and self absorbed as we already understood him to be. Putin went on this long winded diatribe for the first hour and every time Tucker tried to ask him a question Putin got upset for interrupting him. Tucker had his trademark "dumb look" on his face for the first hour as Puting went on and on with his monologue about the history of Ukraine.

MAGA maniacs are trying to make Tucker into some kind of hero by recreating what actually happened but it is clear to anyone with a brain this was an absolute dud. Before airing the interview Tucker was lambasted by CNN for bragging about himself as some kind of courageous journalist, claiming that only he was willing to interview Putin during a time of war when in fact western journalists have been trying to interview Putin for years. Even the Kremlin refuted Tucker's claim.

At the very end of the interview he brings up the American journalist who was arrested for espionage and asked Putin if he would release him as an act of good will. Tucker was clearly hoping to come away a hero here and make Biden look bad, but Putin basically told him to F off and said the relevant "services" from both countries are already working on negotiations with that issue. He also mocked Tucker for him trying to get into the CIA in the past but was rejected. :lol:
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

Vēritās wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:18 pm
He also mocked Tucker for him trying to get into the CIA in the past but was rejected. :lol:
Tucker/MAGA apologists have been trying to say that he was complimenting Tucker in this exchange. Errrmmm... "you didn't get into the CIA, it's a serious organization, so I understand." Yeah, that's a top-notch high-five, lol.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:34 pm
Tucker/MAGA apologists have been trying to say that he was complimenting Tucker in this exchange. Errrmmm... "you didn't get into the CIA, it's a serious organization, so I understand." Yeah, that's a top-notch high-five, lol.
Especially coming from a former KGB man, right?
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

I watched some clips from this, and it is exactly what one would expect. Putin refused to play ball, but Tucker surrendered to him before it even began. He got lectured in the propagandistic version of history Putin had to offer, and Putin humiliated him, naturally. Tucker Carlson isn't a serious person, and it is a mark against our contemporary culture that he rose to such prominence.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow