Dear ajax, For your reading pleasure. Or not.

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Jersey Girl
God

Dear ajax, For your reading pleasure. Or not.

Post by Jersey Girl »

Dear ajax,

I am writing to tell you that this happened today. See how nice I am? ;)
Special counsel David Weiss charged a former FBI informant with lying about President Joe Biden and his son Hunter Biden’s involvement in business dealings with Ukrainian energy company Burisma Holdings, undercutting a major aspect of Republicans’ impeachment inquiry into the president.

Alexander Smirnov, 43, is facing charges in connection with lying to the FBI and creating false records. He was arrested Thursday at Harry Reid International Airport in Las Vegas, after his arrival in the US from overseas, and will make his initial appearance in federal court Thursday afternoon.

CNN is working to determine whether Smirnov has an attorney.
The indictment alleges that Smirnov’s story to the FBI “was a fabrication, an amalgam of otherwise unremarkable business meetings and contacts that had actually occurred but at a later date than he claimed and for the purpose of pitching Burisma on the Defendant’s services and products, not for discussing bribes to [Joe Biden] when he was in office.”

Congressional Republicans have championed Smirnov’s now-discredited allegations for roughly a year, though not by name. They fought with the FBI to obtain memos about what Smirnov told investigators and publicly released the materials over the FBI’s objections. The congressional Republicans repeatedly praised Smirnov as “credible” and put his uncorroborated claims front-and-center in their impeachment inquiry into the president.

While announcing the impeachment inquiry, then-House Speaker Kevin McCarthy said “a trusted FBI informant has alleged a bribe to the Biden family.” The FBI is now using some of the same memos that congressional Republicans released as part of their indictment against Smirnov.

“For months we have warned that Republicans have built their conspiracies about Hunter and his family on lies told by people with political agendas, not facts,” said Abbe Lowell, Hunter Biden’s lawyer, in a statement to CNN.

“We were right and the air is out of their balloon. This is just another instance of Chairmen Comer and Jordan peddling falsehoods based on dishonest, uncredible allegations and witnesses,” he added.

House Oversight Chair James Comer said in a Thursday statement to CNN that his investigation into the president does not revolve around Smirnov or his claims made in the FD-1023 – a form the FBI uses to memorialize information gathered from confidential sources – that Republican legislators have cited.

“To be clear, the impeachment inquiry is not reliant on the FBI’s FD-1023. It is based on a large record of evidence, including bank records and witness testimony, revealing that Joe Biden knew of and participated in his family’s business dealings,” the Kentucky Republican said.

He said the FBI had previously defended Smirnov’s credibility.

“When asked by the committee about their confidence in the confidential human source, the FBI told the committee the confidential human source was credible and trusted, had worked with the FBI for over a decade, and had been paid six figures,” Comer added.

According to court records, Smirnov told an FBI agent that he had spoken with the owner of Burisma about the company’s efforts to buy a company in the United States.

As part of his report to the FBI, the indictment alleges, Smirnov also noted that someone referred to as “Businessperson 1” was on the board of Burisma and was also the son of an individual referred to as “Public Official 1.” Though the indictment does not identify these individuals, sources identified “Public Official 1” as Joe Biden and “Businessperson 1” as Hunter Biden.

During Joe Biden’s campaign for presidency, Smirnov allegedly submitted reports to the FBI about two meetings with Burisma executives from 2015 and 2016, during which the executives admitted that they hired Hunter Biden to “protect us, through his dad, from all kinds of problems.” Smirnov also allegedly reported that executives paid $5 million each to Joe and Hunter Biden while Joe Biden was vice president so that Hunter would “take care of all those issues through his dad,” referring to a criminal investigation being conducted by the then-Ukrainian prosecutor general into Burisma.

“In truth and fact, the Defendant had contact with executives from Burisma in 2017, after the end of the Obama-Biden Administration and after the then Ukrainian Prosecutor General had been fired in February 2016, in other words, when [Joe Biden] had no ability to influence U.S. policy and when the Prosecutor General was no longer in office,” the indictment states.

It continues, “In short, the Defendant transformed his routine and unextraordinary business contacts with Burisma in 2017 and later into bribery allegations against [Joe Biden], the presumptive nominee of one of the two major political parties for President, after expressing bias against [Joe Biden] and his candidacy.”

This story has been updated with additional details.

CNN’s Annie Grayer contributed to this report.
https://www.cnn.com/2024/02/15/politics ... index.html

Your friend in truth,
Jersey
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
canpakes
God

Re: Dear ajax, For your reading pleasure. Or not.

Post by canpakes »

Jersey Girl, doesn’t this just prove that the Deep State® is even deeperer that its previously assumed deepiness?

We all know that ‘they’ paid a gang of illegal border crossers to snatch Smirnov, lock him up in the basement of a Target, then had Joe and Hunter show up, slip on their pimp gloves and slap him silly, smear anchovy pizza from Comet Ping Ping all over his face, then waterboard him with Bud Light, so that he’d publicly admit to supposedly lying.

Why can’t you SeE tHe TrUtH?
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

I'm not saying it's Russians, but....
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

For months Sean Hannity dedicated 28 segments and a dozen long winded monologues dedicated to pushing this BS. That's not including the countless hours on other FOX shows hyping this up as factual.

Tell me again how "CNN does the same thing." Go ahead. I dare you.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Ajax speechless
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Vēritās wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:24 am
Ajax speechless
Can you tell me exactly what Hunter, Jim, and all the Bidens were giving CCP, Romania, Ukraine, and others in exchange for the millions upon millions of dollars they were paid?
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

ajax18 wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 2:51 pm
Vēritās wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:24 am
Ajax speechless
Can you tell me exactly what Hunter, Jim, and all the Bidens were giving CCP, Romania, Ukraine, and others in exchange for the millions upon millions of dollars they were paid?
All the Bidens? Silly Russian dupe.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:22 pm
ajax18 wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 2:51 pm
You may feel like addressing ajax in that manner, but I suggest it may be better to stick to reasonable responses that insist on addressing the key issues. Ajax is not the only reader of this board, and others inclined to his views may (some at least) be open to persuasion.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Chap wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 4:06 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:22 pm
You may feel like addressing ajax in that manner, but I suggest it may be better to stick to reasonable responses that insist on addressing the key issues. Ajax is not the only reader of this board, and others inclined to his views may (some at least) be open to persuasion.
Though I feel the same way as RI, I suppose there may be wisdom in your suggestion. No one likes to be accused of being a "dupe", especially if they really are dupes. Most real dupes would rather double down on remaining dupes than admit to having been one.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.