Dear ajax, For your reading pleasure. Or not.

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Res Ipsa
God

Re: Dear ajax, For your reading pleasure. Or not.

Post by Res Ipsa »

ajax18 wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:22 pm
Kind of foolish for a company to pay out tens of millions of dollars for nothing isn't it? How do they stay in business making those kind of decisions?
I didn’t say that Burisma got nothing by having Hunter on its board. Burisma wanted to do business in the US. Breaking into a new market requires getting connected with the the right people. And Hunter had a ton of connections. Did you read Tony B’s testimony? Just a bare introduction that results in a business deal is worth millions of dollars. And that’s not because it involves anything illegal or unethical.

There is a whole world of folks who make tremendous amounts of money by simply putting deals together. They aren’t experts at the details of the businesses they buy and sell. They’re experts at knowing the guy who knows a guy with contacts with the type of business someone is interested in buying or selling. It’s all about contacts and selling. If you want a sense of that world, read Tony B’s testimony. Read how he speaks with awe about one of the guys in the failed Chinese company venture — how he talks about buying the fourth biggest bank in Saudi Arabia in the same way you and I would talk about buying a car. Read how much he would pay for a simple introduction that resulted in a deal.

Neither of us are in a position to know what value Burisma gained from putting together the board that it did. Given the legal problems of its owner, having an outside board may have been part of the price of being perceived as a legitimate business partner. You’d have to ask Burisma.

You’re making judgments based on nothing other than ignorance.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

ajax18 wrote:
Kind of foolish for a company to pay out tens of millions of dollars for nothing isn't it?
CFR for this. Ajax just repeats stupid crap and never backs it up.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Vēritās wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2024 2:40 am
ajax18 wrote:
Kind of foolish for a company to pay out tens of millions of dollars for nothing isn't it?
CFR for this. Ajax just repeats stupid crap and never backs it up.
It's in the bank records subpoenaed by congress. Hunter was picking up large bags of cash all over the world. That fact is not in dispute. The question is what did he offer these people, many of whom were hostile foreign governments, for such an enormous amount of money.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

ajax18 wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2024 12:06 pm
It's in the bank records subpoenaed by congress. Hunter was picking up large bags of cash all over the world.
Please provide referenced quotations from the "records subpoenaed by congress", giving examples of the amount of cash that this person 'picked up', and from whom.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Chap wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2024 12:49 pm
ajax18 wrote:
It's in the bank records subpoenaed by congress. Hunter was picking up large bags of cash all over the world.
Please provide referenced quotations from the "records subpoenaed by congress", giving examples of the amount of cash that this person 'picked up', and from whom.
For real. Every. Single. Time, Ajax is refuted correctly and factually he just makes up a new spurious charge or repeats another falsehood fed to him by his shillmasters. I mean, whatever. He’s been doing this for decades, so it’s not like he’s going to have any sort of epiphany about his own ethics. He’ll die a liar. It is what it is.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2024 1:26 pm
Chap wrote:
For real. Every. Single. Time, Ajax is refuted correctly and factually he just makes up a new spurious charge or repeats another falsehood fed to him by his shillmasters. I mean, whatever. He’s been doing this for decades, so it’s not like he’s going to have any sort of epiphany about his own ethics. He’ll die a liar. It is what it is.

- Doc
I am sane enough to realise that the chances of ajax18 giving the information for which I have asked is not high. But since innocent children (or malevolent retirees) may be reading this board for the first time today, one has to do what one can to make the situation clear to them, lest they should be deceived into thinking that ajax must have some verifiable basis for his claim.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Chap wrote:
ajax18 wrote:
Congress has those records. Can you prove to me that Comer is lying about the bank transfer records?

And Res Ipsa you're saying Hunter conned Burisma, the CCP, Romania, etc. into giving him millions but never actually delivered on a verbal contract. Isn't that fraud? Why is this legal?
Last edited by ajax18 on Sun Feb 25, 2024 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Ajax's original claim was the debunked nonsense about how Hunter got paid for doing "nothing." And now he is inflating those payments to "tens of millions of dollars." The fact is the Republican investigation didn't demonstrate any of that.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... ign-deals/
One of the staff memos relies on Internal Revenue Service whistleblower testimony that “Burisma paid to everyone involved” $6.5 million, of which $2.6 million went to Hunter Biden and the balance to Devon Archer, Hunter Biden’s former business partner. The committee spokesperson says the actual figure for Burisma payments to Hunter is more than $4 million. The committee “has bank records to support Hunter Biden (and his companies) received over $4 million in payments,” the spokesperson said.

Public reporting indicates that, as a board member, Hunter received $83,333.33 a month from April 2014 to January 2016 ($1.8 million) and $41,666.66 a month from February 2016 to 2019 ($1.6 million). That totals about $3.5 million. The spokesperson did not respond to a question about the discrepancy, but the original statement suggested some additional Burisma funds were sent to Hunter Biden’s companies.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

ajax18 wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2024 2:32 pm
Can you prove to me that Comer is lying about the bank transfer records?
Can you prove to us Comer ever made the claim you just did about "tens of millions" for "doing nothing"?
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

Chap wrote:
ajax18 wrote:
ajax18 wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2024 2:32 pm
Congress has those records. Can you prove to me that Comer is lying about the bank transfer records?
You posted the claim that "Hunter was picking up large bags of cash all over the world".

You therefore have the burden of proof.

Now it seems that you did not see the "records subpoenaed by congress" yourself, but saw a statement about them by this Comer person. If he is the basis for your statement, the burden is on you to show that what he said is true. The best way for you to do that is of course to quote from the "records subpoenaed by congress".

Can you do that? Or is all you can say is that "I read stuff by this Comer guy who claims that the records subpoenaed by congress show that Hunter was picking up large bags of cash all over the world. But I don't know whether he is telling the truth or not"?

As things stand, that is what it looks like ...
Maksutov:
Mayan Elephant: