Dear ajax, For your reading pleasure. Or not.

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Vēritās
God

Re: Dear ajax, For your reading pleasure. Or not.

Post by Vēritās »

Comer has been lying since day one about the importance of all of these "whistleblowers" and "bombshell" testimonies that he kept behind closed doors because he didn't want people to know they were actually testifying that Joe Biden had nothing to do with Hunter's business. He is also lying now claiming that the FBI informant was never really important to begin with now that he has been proven to have knowingly lied about the whole thing because he was being fed Russian (surprise!) disinformation. We also know that the House Republicans were warned by the DOJ that their use of the FD-1023 form was probably going to backfire (as it did) because there was no good reason to believe anything detailed in that form was actually true and good reason to reject it. House GOP didn't care about any of that because all they needed was something to spin into a scandal to serve their orange master in an election year.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Can you do that? Or is all you can say is that "I read stuff by this Comer guy who claims that the records subpoenaed by congress show that Hunter was picking up large bags of cash all over the world. But I don't know whether he is telling the truth or not"?
I trust Comer is telling the truth. But Congressmen on investigation committees have been known to lie about the evidence they have. Shifty Adam Schiff is a good example of this in his lies to CNN that he had proof of Trump colluding with Russia which turned out to be a hoax. Democrats never talk about this now because they believe these lies served the greater good and were therefore justified.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

Chap wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2024 2:41 pm
Chap wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2024 12:49 pm

Please provide referenced quotations from the "records subpoenaed by congress", giving examples of the amount of cash that this person 'picked up', and from whom.
ajax18 wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2024 2:32 pm
Congress has those records. Can you prove to me that Comer is lying about the bank transfer records?
You posted the claim that "Hunter was picking up large bags of cash all over the world".

You therefore have the burden of proof.

Now it seems that you did not see the "records subpoenaed by congress" yourself, but saw a statement about them by this Comer person. If he is the basis for your statement, the burden is on you to show that what he said is true. The best way for you to do that is of course to quote from the "records subpoenaed by congress".

Can you do that? Or is all you can say is that "I read stuff by this Comer guy who claims that the records subpoenaed by congress show that Hunter was picking up large bags of cash all over the world. But I don't know whether he is telling the truth or not"?

As things stand, that is what it looks like ...
ajax18 wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:29 pm
I trust Comer is telling the truth.
OK. So without being able to check the original records, we have to trust you trusting Comer in order to accept your assertion that "Hunter was picking up large bags of cash all over the world".

That is not really convincing.

By the way, nice move to try a quick distraction pivot by talking about untrustworthy Democrats!
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

From the Washington Post article referenced above:
Vēritās wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2024 2:38 pm
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... ign-deals/
The Bottom Line

That adds up to $15.18 million — if you include the Baturina transfer. Without that $3.5 million, the number shrinks to nearly $11.7 million. The committee claims an additional $500,000 in Burisma payments that have not yet been documented. If you don’t include that, the number would shrink to $11.2 million.

So far, only $40,000 of those funds — the loan repayment from Sara Biden — can in any way be connected to the president, and even that is an exaggeration.

Even if one accepts the committee’s $15 million estimate of money flowing to the “Biden family,” that’s still much less than the “more than $20 million” (Johnson), “tens of millions of dollars” (Comer) and “north of $50 million” (Mace) mentioned above. Comer, the chairman of the Oversight Committee, has especially played fast and loose with the numbers. He has said “tens of millions of dollars” many times, and in a Fox News interview in December said “it’s over $30 million now.”
And you trust this guy?
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Ajax is lying here. Adam Schiff merely said there was "evidence" of collusion, not "proof" and he said Mueller would determine if a crime had been committed.

https://youtu.be/3VKMhiWp5nc?si=1FXv2XD-CVkRNZcG

The evidence of collusion from the Mueller Report was undeniable but then the Senate Intel report led by Republicans determined the collusion was far more pervasive than anyone had imagined.

Republicans censured Schiff because he told the truth.

But his response here is nothing short of retarded.

When asked why do you believe Comer is truthful?

Ajax responds: Because Adam Schiff lied about collusion.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

LOL. This is the proven, serial liar that Ajax “trusts.”

https://newrepublic.com/post/178258/hun ... -testimony

Lying about the content of closed door depositions is Comer’s MO. He’s been caught many times. He’ll try to do it to Hunter, too.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

This is precisely why the House GOP insists on private testimony instead of public testimony. Because when it is public they can't get away with lying about what was said. That's all they want to do here, because they know there are people like Ajax who just want to be told things they like to hear. Whether it is true or not is irrelevant to cult members.
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:05 am
LOL. This is the proven, serial liar that Ajax “trusts.”

https://newrepublic.com/post/178258/hun ... -testimony

Lying about the content of closed door depositions is Comer’s MO. He’s been caught many times. He’ll try to do it to Hunter, too.

Yup. It is quite clear from the text of the article that Comer is happy to make claims that simply are not backed up by the original testimony. For those who don't want to read the whole text, this last paragraph is the kicker:

"But it’s clear why Comer is hesitant to release full transcripts. In August, he released the transcript of testimony from Devon Archer, Hunter’s former business partner. Archer undercut every claim Comer has made about the Bidens. Comer has since refused to allow Archer’s testimony to be introduced as evidence."
House Oversight Committee Chair James Comer “cherry-picked” the testimony of Kevin Morris, a friend of Hunter Biden who sat for a deposition as part of the Republican impeachment inquiry into the president, Morris’s lawyer said.

Morris is a high-powered entertainment lawyer in Los Angeles who met Hunter at a 2019 presidential fundraiser for his father, Joe Biden. Morris has loaned Hunter nearly $5 million in the years since. He testified about his relationship with the embattled first son in a closed-door committee hearing Thursday.

“Not two hours after we left Mr. Morris’ transcribed interview, you issued a press statement with cherry‐picked, out of context and totally misleading descriptions of what Mr. Morris said,” Morris’s lawyer Bryan Sullivan said in a letter to Comer, which was obtained by The New Republic. “I demand you now release the entire transcript of Mr. Morris’ interview.”

Comer, who has led the charge against the president, released a list of paraphrased highlights from Morris’s testimony. Comer claimed that Morris informally loaned Hunter the money and does not expect to be repaid until after the 2024 election—or possibly ever. Comer also said that Morris has enjoyed unfettered access to the president and the White House in exchange for his ongoing financial support.

None of this could be further from the truth, Sullivan said in his late Thursday letter. Morris has only been to the White House or met the president a few times, and all of them were as Hunter’s guest. And the loans are just that: loans, not gifts, that must be repaid.

“Mr. Morris repeatedly testified he actually loaned the money to Mr. Hunter Biden, that these loans were reviewed by lawyers for each of them, that they have proper loan terms such as interest and a term, and that he expected Mr. Hunter Biden to repay these loans,” Sullivan wrote.

“Just release the full transcript. Why would you be reluctant or afraid to do that, other than it will disprove your spin? Let the public see the truth,” Sullivan concluded.

Oversight Committee Democrats have previously accused Comer of misrepresenting witness testimony in his quest to prove the Biden family is guilty of criminal wrongdoing. Comer has for months accused the president of corruption and influence peddling, but he has yet to produce any actual evidence.

Jamie Raskin, the ranking Oversight member, demanded in July that Comer release the complete transcript of a committee interview with a former FBI supervisory special agent. Raskin accused Comer of a “troubling pattern of concealing key evidence in order to advance a false and distorted narrative.”

But it’s clear why Comer is hesitant to release full transcripts. In August, he released the transcript of testimony from Devon Archer, Hunter’s former business partner. Archer undercut every claim Comer has made about the Bidens. Comer has since refused to allow Archer’s testimony to be introduced as evidence.
Maksutov:
Mayan Elephant:
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Comer realizes that a lie can go around the world twice while the truth is putting on its shoes.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:29 pm
Comer realizes that a lie can go around the world twice while the truth is putting on its shoes.
Sadly true, it seems.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow