Latest Survey Ranking U.S. Presidents

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Gadianton
God

Re: Latest Survey Ranking U.S. Presidents

Post by Gadianton »

be a conservative who holds conservative principles
Todays conservative in the limelight is a portrait of what it means to be unprincipled.
Brack
Deacon

Post by Brack »

ajax18 wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:17 pm
I'd like to know exactly which Uniparty RINOs were considered the historical experts on this question? Trump is on his way to a landslide victory for the Republican nomination with much less money than Nicky Haley. How many Republicans are voting for her over Trump? RINOs are likely way overrepresented among conservative respondents of this presidential ranking. I'm sure even Mitt Romney considers himself somewhat conservative, as do the founders of the Lincoln project. Heck Schmo even calls himself a conservative at times. All this proves is that most RINOs are just as fascist as the Democrats with their willingness to sink to any level of lawfare to bankrupt, silence, and imprison their political opponents in a Putin-light manner.
The Republican base has become radicalized. That is the main reason Trump is winning among GOP Primary voters.

Traditional conservatives are now considered RINOs. Trump isn't a traditional conservative.

A traditional conservative wouldn't urge the Vice President to reject the certified Electoral College results. VP Pence realized he didn't have the constitutional authority to reject the certified EC results.
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

Morley wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2024 3:06 pm
rhe·tor·i·cal

/rəˈtôrək(ə)l/

adjective

(of a question) asked in order to produce an effect or to make a statement rather than to elicit information.
What was the effect or statement behind:
Moksha wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:18 pm
Why don't those so-called "historians" value narcissism and psychopathology as Presidential virtues?
. . . ?
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
Morley
God
Location: Gotta love this 1794 woodcut portrait by Toshusai Sharaku.

Post by Morley »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:56 am
Morley wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2024 3:06 pm
rhe·tor·i·cal

/rəˈtôrək(ə)l/

adjective

(of a question) asked in order to produce an effect or to make a statement rather than to elicit information.
What was the effect or statement behind:
Moksha wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:18 pm
Why don't those so-called "historians" value narcissism and psychopathology as Presidential virtues?
. . . ?
I'd posit that Moksha is saying that someone like Donald Trump would be rated higher were different values substituted. He's not really asking a question; he's employing a wee bit of sarcasm. How do you read it?
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Morley wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 3:02 pm
I'd posit that Moksha is saying that someone like Donald Trump would be rated higher were different values substituted.
Morley, if LDS apologists were interested in boosting Trump's Presidential rating, perhaps they could find some parallels in the narcissism and psychopathology scores of highly effective dictators.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace