Latest Survey Ranking U.S. Presidents

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Kishkumen
God

Re: Latest Survey Ranking U.S. Presidents

Post by Kishkumen »

ajax18 wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:17 pm
I'd like to know exactly which Uniparty RINOs were considered the historical experts on this question? Trump is on his way to a landslide victory for the Republican nomination with much less money than Nicky Haley. How many Republicans are voting for her over Trump? RINOs are likely way overrepresented among conservative respondents of this presidential ranking. I'm sure even Mitt Romney considers himself somewhat conservative, as do the founders of the Lincoln project. Heck Schmo even calls himself a conservative at times. All this proves is that most RINOs are just as fascist as the Democrats with their willingness to sink to any level of lawfare to bankrupt, silence, and imprison their political opponents in a Putin-light manner.
Ajax's version of RINO=person with a brain, self respect, and a conscience who also happens to be conservative.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Kishkumen wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2024 12:49 pm
ajax18 wrote:
I'd like to know exactly which Uniparty RINOs were considered the historical experts on this question? Trump is on his way to a landslide victory for the Republican nomination with much less money than Nicky Haley. How many Republicans are voting for her over Trump? RINOs are likely way overrepresented among conservative respondents of this presidential ranking. I'm sure even Mitt Romney considers himself somewhat conservative, as do the founders of the Lincoln project. Heck Schmo even calls himself a conservative at times. All this proves is that most RINOs are just as fascist as the Democrats with their willingness to sink to any level of lawfare to bankrupt, silence, and imprison their political opponents in a Putin-light manner.
Ajax's version of RINO=person with a brain, self respect, and a conscience who also happens to be conservative.
If you consider Some Schmo to be a conservative who holds conservative principles. Show me something conservative about the RINOs I've named.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Morley
God
Location: Gotta love this 1794 woodcut portrait by Toshusai Sharaku.

Post by Morley »

ajax18 wrote:
(My bold.)
Kishkumen wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2024 1:12 pm
ajax18 wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2024 1:58 pm
If you consider Some Schmo to be a conservative who holds conservative principles. Show me something conservative about the RINOs I've named.
Regarding Nikki Haley: A much shorter list would be all the stances Haley has taken that were not conservative. Maybe you'll list them for us--however, I'm not going to hold my breath.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

ajax18 wrote:
I don't consider Some Schmo to be a conservative. What did I write that could give you, or anyone else, such an idea? If you can't think of what makes the traditional conservatives conservative, then I don't know how to help you. You seem to think a conservative is a Trump cultist. So, it would seem to be the case that the real problem here is not our understanding of the word conservative but your willingness to abandon conservatism for Trumpism and then call what you are doing conservatism.
Last edited by Kishkumen on Fri Mar 01, 2024 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Kishkumen wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:51 pm
ajax18 wrote:
I don't consider Some Schmo to be a conservative. What did I write that could give you, or anyone else, such an idea? If you can't think of what makes the traditional conservatives conservative, then I don't know how to help you. You seem to think a conservative is a Trump cultist. So, it would seem to be the case that the real problem here is not our understanding of the word conservative but your willingness to abandon conservatism for Trumpism and then call what you are doing conservatism.
Word.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Why don't those so-called "historians" value narcissism and psychopathology as Presidential virtues?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Manetho
Valiant B

Post by Manetho »

Moksha wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:18 pm
Why don't those so-called "historians" value narcissism and psychopathology as Presidential virtues?
They don't value James Buchanan's inaction during the run-up to the Civil War or Andrew Johnson's sabotage of Reconstruction, either. Given his avatar, Ajax may well disagree with them on that score too.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Manetho wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2024 7:15 pm
They don't value James Buchanan's inaction during the run-up to the Civil War or Andrew Johnson's sabotage of Reconstruction, either. Given his avatar, Ajax may well disagree with them on that score too.
His list of top presidents is:

1. Jefferson Davis
2. Donald J. Trump
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

Moksha wrote:
Why waste bandwidth asking questions to which you already know the answer?
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
Morley
God
Location: Gotta love this 1794 woodcut portrait by Toshusai Sharaku.

Post by Morley »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:45 am
Moksha wrote:
Why waste bandwidth asking questions to which you already know the answer?
rhe·tor·i·cal

/rəˈtôrək(ə)l/

adjective

(of a question) asked in order to produce an effect or to make a statement rather than to elicit information.

https://www.google.com/search?q=rhetori ... e&ie=UTF-8