Will Hunter Biden Walk?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
ajax18
God

Re: Will Hunter Biden Walk?

Post by ajax18 »

Finally, the notion of weaponing the DoJ against political opponents lacks credible evidence and overlooks the independent nature of law enforcement agencies, as Res Ipsa has tirelessly pointed out to you.
The DOJ is no more politically independent than the Supreme Court. In fact, it's even more political.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

We'll never know whether or how much Trump knew about what Manafort was up to, because Trump pardoned the lawbreakers most likely to know the inside scoop.
Pardoned after two years in prison and driven to bankruptcy with much of that in solitary confinement at the behest of Weissman! If Manafort was already bankrupt, how did he pay $5 million in legal fees through this ordeal? Paul didn't have a wealthy liberal donor to pay his back taxes the way Hunter Biden did.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

ajax18 wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:12 am
We'll never know whether or how much Trump knew about what Manafort was up to, because Trump pardoned the lawbreakers most likely to know the inside scoop.
Pardoned after two years in prison and driven to bankruptcy with much of that in solitary confinement at the behest of Weissman! If Manafort was already bankrupt, how did he pay $5 million in legal fees through this ordeal? Paul didn't have a wealthy liberal donor to pay his back taxes the way Hunter Biden did.
Manafort reportedly paid $5 million in legal fees through various means, including liquidating assets, securing loans, and receiving financial support from family and associates. He was charged by Special Counsel Robert Mueller, a Republican.

He was also already bankrupt, for example, when a bankruptcy trustee filed a lawsuit against him in California alleging that he, Manafort, falsely claimed he was a creditor owed $2.7 million in a failed real estate deal with his former son-in-law. The lawsuit, filed by trustee Thomas Casey in the federal bankruptcy court in Santa Ana, California. He was trying to scam money because he didn’t have any.

Do you EVER stop lying?

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

ajax18 wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:36 pm
I'm just saying that the left's idea of preserving democracy is to weaponize the justice system against their political opponents. Do you not see a contradiction in that? We believe people have the right to vote, but only if they vote for the candidate we agree with.
You always seem disappointed that this country doesn’t set aside law and justice, so that the political ambitions and schedules of your particular favorite billionaire politician can be satisfied instead.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

ajax18 wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2024 3:19 pm
(Paul Manafort) was bankrupted and made a political prisoner. He would have spent the rest of his life in prison had Trump not been in power to pardon him.

None of this was even on the FBI's radar until Manafort took a job as Trump's campaign manager.
ajax, there are schoolkids who know that interest and investigation into Manafort began before he joined the Trump campaign.

Anyhow, here’s a great page - and easy read - discussing his history:

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/amp/politi ... indictment

I’d say that it’s a sure bet that if the only thing to change about Manafort’s history was that he were to have signed up with the Clinton campaign instead of the Trump campaign back in 2016, you would be screaming weekly about how Manafort is the quintessential example of the ‘Deep State’, criminality and government corruption, and how he needed to be put into jail.

Read that page and tell me why you wouldn’t.
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

ajax18 wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:01 am
Finally, the notion of weaponing the DoJ against political opponents lacks credible evidence and overlooks the independent nature of law enforcement agencies, as Res Ipsa has tirelessly pointed out to you.
The DOJ is no more politically independent than the Supreme Court. In fact, it's even more political.
I don't think that the fact that the majority of people in the DOJ and related entities like the FBI are conservative Republicans makes them political. I believe they are able to suspend their right-wing beliefs in the pursuit of justice. I don't know why you think Republicans are incapable of not politicizing their jobs; I don't think that's the case.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:33 pm
ajax18 wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:01 am
I don't think that the fact that the majority of people in the DOJ and related entities like the FBI are conservative Republicans makes them political. I believe they are able to suspend their right-wing beliefs in the pursuit of justice. I don't know why you think Republicans are incapable of not politicizing their jobs; I don't think that's the case.
It sure was the case with Jim Comey. It's also the case with Chris Wray.
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

ajax18 wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:34 pm
I'm afraid I don't see how Comey allowed his long-standing Republican affiliation and beliefs to influence his job in a substantially political way. There are certainly hints on how his Republican affiliation may have influenced his actions in a few things, but I don't think he was using his Republican affiliation in a way that politicized or weaponized the FBI.

Same with Chris Wray. I don't see how his affiliation and loyalty to the Republican party and conservative beliefs has caused him to politicize the FBI to serve those self-same loyalties and beliefs. At least not beyond a benign subconscious level.

Why do you feel they allowed their Republican affiliation and beliefs to politicize the FBI to favor Republicans over Democrats? I just don't really see it that much. Do you think all Republicans and conservatives are incapable of not politicizing their jobs? Is this something that stems from your own views and practices, or something else?
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Hunter should be thankful that he was charged with tax evasion and lying on a gun registration form. This way he doesn't have to answer questions about it to Comer. Once this interview is given, I predict the DOJ will drop the charges. Hunter will never serve a day in jail.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:43 pm
ajax18 wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:34 pm
I'm afraid I don't see how Comey allowed his long-standing Republican affiliation and beliefs to influence his job in a substantially political way. There are certainly hints on how his Republican affiliation may have influenced his actions in a few things, but I don't think he was using his Republican affiliation in a way that politicized or weaponized the FBI.

Same with Chris Wray. I don't see how his affiliation and loyalty to the Republican party and conservative beliefs has caused him to politicize the FBI to serve those self-same loyalties and beliefs. At least not beyond a benign subconscious level.

Why do you feel they allowed their Republican affiliation and beliefs to politicize the FBI to favor Republicans over Democrats? I just don't really see it that much. Do you think all Republicans and conservatives are incapable of not politicizing their jobs? Is this something that stems from your own views and practices, or something else?
I'm sorry but I don't count RINOs. Comey and Wray represent the views of the GOP base maybe even less than those of Liz Cheney. Read Carter Paige's book if you think Comey wasn't a despicable "get Trump and his supporters at any cost" AG.