Will Hunter Biden Walk?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
ajax18
God

Re: Will Hunter Biden Walk?

Post by ajax18 »

I will never be able to run again. Ever. Because a private health insurance company put profits over care. My story is far from unique in America. The year of my surgery, my healthcare costs were probably close to $28K, because some stuff was out of network, and some stuff I did without waiting for the re-review process because they denied care in their rubber-stamp money-making denial process. $28K spent, and never able to run again. This is American healthcare.
I feel for you on not being able to run again. I'm very close to being in the same boat. I'm going to try MACI surgery again but the prognosis is not good.

But would I even have the option to try anything with a 50% success rate under a single payer health care system? I doubt it. I wonder sometimes if I'll just perpetually get fatter because my knee stops me from exercising as I used to.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:37 pm
Here's what's really interesting. There's one e-mail where someone not named Biden refers to "the big guy." Given the volume of e-mails and texts in the possession of the committee, if Hunter had a practice of calling Joe "the big guy," we'd be seeing dozens of other examples.

But you know who knew that there was an e-mail on the laptop that referred to Joe as the "Big Guy" before the laptop's contents were made public?

Russian Intelligence. Smirnov used the term in his 2020 story about Joe and Hunter taking bribes before the laptop was made public.

Maybe someone should investigate how that happened?
One would certainly think, given the existing investigations and evidence of MAGA Republican politicians and their voting bases being highly susceptible to Russian propaganda and disinformation, that it might be worth trying to shore up defenses and inoculate against such things. If they were worried about such things, that is.
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2024 5:10 pm
Hunter Biden Transcrpt: https://www.documentcloud.org/documents ... 1/a2431982

Quick turnaround. Enjoy.
Pages 151-152 are fun. Hunter sure didn't miss the irony in MAGA poster boy Matt "Under Investigation For Drug Use And Prostitution... Again" Gaetz asking if he was an addict while working for Burisma.
Morley
God
Location: Gotta love this 1794 woodcut portrait by Toshusai Sharaku.

Post by Morley »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:51 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:

Quick turnaround. Enjoy.
Pages 151-152 are fun. Hunter sure didn't miss the irony in MAGA poster boy Matt "Under Investigation For Drug Use And Prostitution... Again" Gaetz asking if he was an addict while working for Burisma.
Awesome.
Brack
Deacon

Post by Brack »

High Spy wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 5:56 am
The video evidence was pretty convincing.

Criminal convictions require proof beyond a shadow of a doubt.

At least that’s a cliché that’s often repeated, but then fables often are believed by many.
It's beyond a reasonable doubt.
Bret Ripley
2nd Counselor

Post by Bret Ripley »

Res Ipsa wrote:

Quick turnaround. Enjoy.
From page 11:

"... we want to put the transcript out within a day."

"In English or Russian?"

Gold.
High Spy
1st Quorum of 70

Post by High Spy »

Brack wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 6:17 pm
High Spy wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 5:56 am
The video evidence was pretty convincing.

Criminal convictions require proof beyond a shadow of a doubt.

At least that’s a cliché that’s often repeated, but then fables often are believed by many.
It's beyond a reasonable doubt.
My bad … probably something my dad picked up watching one too many Perry Mason episodes. :lol:
yellowstone123
1st Counselor

Post by yellowstone123 »

I think it depends on who the judge is during the hearing. For some reason things one judge will admit as evidence will not be admitted by another one. At the end of my old job I was pretty good at predicting if a judge would say yes or no to the evidence I provided and the report on the petition. There were around 20 Judges, Commissioners or Referees. I knew how each one would rule. For five years I was in a small unit that reviewed the first report and action of the first worker on the scene.

Usually just on the first report the judge would find a prima facia ruling based on what was written. Now I had to go get the proof and I knew things that would be sustained in room 101 before judge Goldstein would not be sustained by Commissioner Martinez in 114. I would sit in the court room of judge Katz in 117. He would take a break, look over at me and point to his study. As I and the Lawyers went into his study he took off his robe he then would produce a big box of donuts and say, help your self. While eating donuts we would all discuss the case which was better than a witness stand but I would be in it if the time in his study and the donuts did not produce an agreement. A first for me. Then there was Judge Romero next door. You walked into his court room and it was dark, only half the lights on and dead silence. The thing was that he wanted the cases settled with disposition orders by noon or have it set for trial. He would appear every once in a while to see if he needed to sign something. Easily angered, If he wasn't at the race track at two in the afternoon looking through his race forms and sipping his martini those in his court room encountered hell. But sometimes he was nice. One time I was so busy for six months, working everyday and he had ordered me present for a trial and I was a no show. He had to order me present three times because I forgot each time even though I had the order taped right in front of me at my desk. Each time an administrator had to appear with me. The third time it was funny to him, and he laughed. He was very kind. No sanctions and I wasn't told to bring my tooth brush so that one went well. I think he knew I was at the point of burn out.
“one of the important things for anybody in power is to distinguish between what you have the right to do and what is right to do." Potter Stewart, associate justice of the Supreme Court - 1958 to 1981.
yellowstone123
1st Counselor

Post by yellowstone123 »

ajax18 wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2024 7:09 pm
I will never be able to run again. Ever. Because a private health insurance company put profits over care. My story is far from unique in America. The year of my surgery, my healthcare costs were probably close to $28K, because some stuff was out of network, and some stuff I did without waiting for the re-review process because they denied care in their rubber-stamp money-making denial process. $28K spent, and never able to run again. This is American healthcare.
I feel for you on not being able to run again. I'm very close to being in the same boat. I'm going to try MACI surgery again but the prognosis is not good.

But would I even have the option to try anything with a 50% success rate under a single payer health care system? I doubt it. I wonder sometimes if I'll just perpetually get fatter because my knee stops me from exercising as I used to.
God bless you and comfort you and heal you. I will pray for you.

A few years ago, I fell down the stairs with a lot of alcohol and Xanax in my system. More like I cartwheeled down one and a half flights of stairs. In time I would feel vey lucky as there were no spine or disc injuries. I don't remember the first doctor's appointment when my sister drove me to the local clinic that day but I drove the second day and they called the paramedics and sent me to the hospital because the withdrawals/shaking were so bad. I thought I was fine. I could rotate my left arm with no pain.

Only the first day did they do X-rays and said they would call me if they noticed something. I did a follow-up four weeks later and the PA looking at my X-ray told me I had four breaks /snaps in my left collar bone. I couldn't feel a thing except when I would push up off the bathtub with my left arm which brought about ten minutes of uncomfortable press. I suggested an orthopedic surgeon that was treating my dad. The PA said "is he in our network", first time I heard that they were getting together and forming a network and making a referral to someone "in network" which got him a nice fee. In a way it's socialized medicine, but I'm a collective bargaining Baby-boomer baby. Marines who fought in Korea, Iwo Jima, and Okinawa survived and were back home and at work and politically were at times very liberal; negotiators at the Police Protective League and made sure when my mom told my dad it was time to go to the hospital, I was in one of the best hospitals in Los Angeles with the best doctors.

When I saw the orthopedic surgeon six weeks after my tumble, he told me if I had come in the following day they would have immediately done surgery. Now since it was six week and no pain they were going to let it heal on his own. They did X-rays a few days ago. One of my floating broken bones completely disappeared. There was tissue and cartilage forming to connect the others. I felt fine. The doctor took pictures of the x-ray on his phone. He wanted to put it in a medical journal.

I will pray for you and wish you the best. Leap at something that comes to mind that might help. I wish you well. I'm 62 and having knee problems but gained a lot of weight recently. I think that's a contributor to my knee problems. When I get up off the floor it's sort of a bear crawl at the beginning.
“one of the important things for anybody in power is to distinguish between what you have the right to do and what is right to do." Potter Stewart, associate justice of the Supreme Court - 1958 to 1981.