Too old.

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
huckelberry
God

Too old.

Post by huckelberry »

I read a comment here that feared our situation if either Trump or Biden won the next presidency. As Biden has been a level-headed effective president but not a good stand up comedian I thought the problem seen in Biden is age. Well a variety of sources have wondered about Biden's age. He looks older than Trump.

The problem, of course, is that age changes different people at different rates. There are people who stumble towards cemeteries in their fifties. Most people age more slowly.

I am thinking of this artist, now age 102 and still working making art. I think of him because I know him a little bit, a few conversations forty years ago. Ok I am a bit astonished at his age, he was a high school friend of my parents who both have been dead some decades now. The meaning of an age depends upon the person.

Why would Biden be too old? The question is there even if you think some younger individual would be better.

https://www.seattletimes.com/entertainm ... s-gallery/
Dr. Sunstoned
Valiant A

Re: Too old.

Post by Dr. Sunstoned »

It seems the choices for this time around have boiled down to either Trump or Biden. Trump is a convicted rapist, crook, liar, insurrectionist, and he's old. Biden is just old.
Imwashingmypirate
Apostle

Post by Imwashingmypirate »

Maybe they should do tests to check their mental capacity and ability when they get beyond a certain age before being allowed to run for presidency.

I think Biden seems older than Trump. A lot older.

I know there are people much much older than me who can go mountain climbing and I've seen elderly people doing weights at the gym. Much fitter than me. Probably much more capable than me. So yes, I do agree that some people can be elderly but not necessarily "old".

So make them do tests. Check they've got all their marbles and are consistent.
Imwashingmypirate
Apostle

Dr. Sunstoned wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:31 am
It seems the choices for this time around have boiled down to either Trump or Biden. Trump is a convicted rapist, crook, liar, insurrectionist, and he's old. Biden is just old.
Why is it that political races do seem to be between two people?

It's the same in the UK. There was one year we voted lib Dems because they somehow managed to hype up that they had a chance against labour and conservatives. We had a hung parliament from that election.

We should have more choices of who runs each party. We seem to end up having someone voted in then not long later, someone else comes in.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

I think Biden would rather be in Delaware enjoying his retirement, and is serving to save this Union from a demented ghoul idolized by abject idiots.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Biden is healthier than Trump.

The reason Trump looks and acts healthier in his mannerisms is because:

1. They keep dressing him up in these manly looking shoulder pads.
2. They keep painting his paleness with liquid tanning.
3. The man is clearly drugged up on speed.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Imwashingmypirate
Apostle

Vēritās wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:42 pm

Who's "they?" Wouldn't it mean then that it would be the "they" that are running the place if he wins?
huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

Imwashingmypirate wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 3:07 pm
Vēritās wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:42 pm

Who's "they?" Wouldn't it mean then that it would be the "they" that are running the place if he wins?
Imwashingmypirate,

I do not see any doubt that all and every leader of all varieties requires many people to help run the government. This would apply to strong leaders, weak leaders, absolute kings or dictators, or lawfully elected leaders.

Veritas, I can see what you are pointing at here. Image is a big part of Trump. He is an actor projecting swagger. He looks sexual way more than Biden and that appeals to many men and women. I think people are attracted to his sexual transgressions.
Imwashingmypirate
Apostle

huckelberry wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:27 pm
He looks sexual way more than Biden and that appeals to many men and women. I think people are attracted to his sexual transgressions.
:?
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Sure, they are both old, but at least Biden isn't a moron. He's is more fit now than Trump has ever been.

Trump fans don't care about governing; otherwise, they'd never consider Trump. All criticisms of Biden coming from Trump fans are complete BS. They don't really believe it. If anything, they've been conditioned to react negatively to any Democrat, and do so without any reflection or self-control (that's the nice way of putting it). They just need something to say, because prevarication is a way of life for MAGAtes.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.