Lindsay Stirling?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
nowacatholic
Nursery

Re: Lindsay Stirling?

Post by nowacatholic »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:55 am
nowacatholic wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:48 am
Then I stand corrected. I can admit when I’m wrong. Can YOU? I’ll answer by proxy: no.
Where was I wrong?
The little stunt you pulled splitting the Stirling thread and deleted the juicy part. 🤬
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

nowacatholic wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:00 am
Res Ipsa wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:55 am
Where was I wrong?
The little stunt you pulled splitting the Stirling thread and deleted the juicy part. 🤬
Not a stunt. Not a deletion. If you think that the post did not violate Universal Rule 4, you can appeal to the other two moderators or to Shades.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

I read the OP and I think there is a misunderstanding. You can go ahead and retract the resignation document that you just uploaded.

There is no problem here.

Back in our day, yes, there would have been an issue. It was important for LDS role models to dress and act chaste.

Times have changed. Back in my day, if you got caught with a Playboy, it would have been very bad. There would have been a talk with the bishop, a whole lot of shame, and a pamphlet prescribed written by Boyd K. Packer. Girls would be apprehended for dressing in skimpy clothing.

Things have changed a lot for conservatives. For instance, we used to have some MAGA posters who posted pics of girls in bikinis posing with guns, and we were inundated with "alpha male" sex talk. I'm sure the antics of Lauren Boebert and Matt Gaetz are no secret to your family. Here's the thing: Yes, technically, conservatives today still sorta believe in chastity. The problem is that society's general acceptance of SSA and transgender has put conservatives in a bind, and so now if sonny boy gets caught looking at naughty girl pics on the Internet, that's bad, but it's also good because it means he's straight.

Have you spoken with your children about Donald Trump and Ron DeSantis's big dick energy? As a conservative, Kari Lake is no doubt another important household name. It's important for young conservative females growing up to be attracted to alpha males like Trump and DeSantis, and hope to be ravished sexually by men like them as much as possible. See, conservative men are alphas with limitless sex drives as opposed to liberal men with low libidos or nonfunctioning hardware. And the manly way to do it is to just take what's theirs, and for that to happen, there have to be slutty conservative women begging for it. Well, you've seen the t-shirts they wear at Trump conventions.

That was another thing that got posted here, picks of provocative women showing off their bodies in order to demonstrate that "conservative women" look like idyllic women, as opposed to liberal women.

So I get the concern, but assuming you're as conservative as you say, you should be grateful that any female children wish to emulate sex-obsessed conservative women who recognize only two genders and want it as much as possible from aggressive non-nonsense men who also have no question about their gender identity and exude "manly" characteristics.
huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

Gadianton wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:59 am
I read the OP and I think there is a misunderstanding. You can go ahead and retract the resignation document that you just uploaded.

There is no problem here.

Back in our day, yes, there would have been an issue. It was important for LDS role models to dress and act chaste.

Times have changed. Back in my day, if you got caught with a Playboy, it would have been very bad. There would have been a talk with the bishop, a whole lot of shame, and a pamphlet prescribed written by Boyd K. Packer. Girls would be apprehended for dressing in skimpy clothing.

Things have changed a lot for conservatives. For instance, we used to have some MAGA posters who posted pics of girls in bikinis posing with guns, and we were inundated with "alpha male" sex talk. I'm sure the antics of Lauren Boebert and Matt Gaetz are no secret to your family. Here's the thing: Yes, technically, conservatives today still sorta believe in chastity. The problem is that society's general acceptance of SSA and transgender has put conservatives in a bind, and so now if sonny boy gets caught looking at naughty girl pics on the Internet, that's bad, but it's also good because it means he's straight.
Gadianton you make a significant observation, Atlantic Mike was quite proud that true conservatives had girls riding around in pickup trucks wiggling their rear ends around. Prove your blood is red. Such attitudes are hardly new. Old as humans I might suspect.

I hope this is not too much of a derail but when in the world did this go see the bishop thing get started? I have read about such a number of times here but I cannot imagine going to see the bishop over viewing a playboy mag. Its a total what is that? When growing up I never heard of anybody doing such a thing or suggesting it. It's a parent issue is it not?

Are we not both referring to the church which has been proud of sex and looked down on Protestant fear of sex?