Lindsay Stirling?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Imwashingmypirate
Apostle

Re: Lindsay Stirling?

Post by Imwashingmypirate »

nowacatholic wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:15 pm
The ballet? What, am I gay now? No, I wouldn't go and that's not just because they're practically nude. The ballet is just so..gay.
Definitely a troll! I childish one at that.
nowacatholic
Nursery

Post by nowacatholic »

Sigh. You're one of THOSE people. I don't fit your narrative, so you cry "troll!" to make things easy on you. I have better things to do with my time than to troll anyone. I'm sorry you're one of THOSE.
Bret Ripley
2nd Counselor

Post by Bret Ripley »

nowacatholic wrote:... a pay phone would be sufficient for her needs.
Totally not a troll.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Moved thread to Non-Mormon discussions for insufficient connection to Mormonism; Assigned to Paradise as not meeting SSP requirement for respectful speech.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

Bret Ripley wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:16 pm
Totally not a troll.
I do not know about troll, accusation seems bit unfair.
I could not help but wonder when was the last time I saw a pay phone? Maybe some cities still have them. Maybe they are not where they used to be and I have not noticed the current locations.

I do not think pay phone are readily available. At school?
Bret Ripley
2nd Counselor

Post by Bret Ripley »

huckelberry wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:48 pm
Bret Ripley wrote:
Totally not a troll.
You may be right, huckelberry, and it is more than fair to call me on it. Some of the things they have written seem indistinguishable from things a troll would write, which is not the same thing.
I could not help but wonder when was the last time I saw a pay phone?
I came across a website that (among other things) lets you find payphones by location -- it looks like the nearest payphone to me may be in a prison.

https://www.payphone-project.com/
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

nowacatholic wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:50 pm
That's unfortunate because she's actually a good violinist.
What if you and your DD were walking down a city street, heard a talented violinist playing and when you came up on the violinist, you saw that it was a homeless man wearing worn and dusty clothing.

Would you turn her away from that person or would you stay to listen? And why?
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Imwashingmypirate
Apostle

Post by Imwashingmypirate »

Bret Ripley wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:43 pm
huckelberry wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:48 pm
You may be right, huckelberry, and it is more than fair to call me on it. Some of the things they have written seem indistinguishable from things a troll would write, which is not the same thing.
I could not help but wonder when was the last time I saw a pay phone?
I came across a website that (among other things) lets you find payphones by location -- it looks like the nearest payphone to me may be in a prison.

https://www.payphone-project.com/
Payphones here are shells. The contain very high volumes of drunk people urine and is where drugs get exchanged.
nowacatholic
Nursery

Post by nowacatholic »

Bret Ripley wrote:
Totally not a troll.
Again, nope. Man somehow squeezed by without cell phones and laptops for thousands of years, so I think DD can gird her loins and live with the consequences of her actions for a few measly months. So her only option, since she's already grounded from using our landline for trying to talk about TSCC to a nevermo neighbor, is a pay phone. That's not a troll. That's good parenting.
Last edited by nowacatholic on Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nowacatholic
Nursery

Post by nowacatholic »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:17 am
nowacatholic wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:50 pm
That's unfortunate because she's actually a good violinist.
What if you and your DD were walking down a city street, heard a talented violinist playing and when you came up on the violinist, you saw that it was a homeless man wearing worn and dusty clothing.

Would you turn her away from that person or would you stay to listen? And why?
I would turn her away for her own protection. We are financially blessed and I don't want her pissing away the trust fund she'll start getting when she turns 18 in the hopes, among other things, that she won't serve a TSCC mission, on homeless people. If she were to give your hypothetical man even a dollar, she'd get kicked out of our home the minute (12:01 a.m.) she turns 18 and she would lose her trust fund. Homeless people are unsafe and they are that way because of choices that they and they alone made.

To answer your question, yes, I would turn her away and I point to the previous paragraph.