Lindsay Stirling?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Bret Ripley
2nd Counselor

Re: Lindsay Stirling?

Post by Bret Ripley »

nowacatholic wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:20 pm
That's not a troll. That's good parenting.
You say po-tay-to.
Imwashingmypirate
Apostle

Post by Imwashingmypirate »

nowacatholic wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:02 pm
Sigh. You're one of THOSE people. I don't fit your narrative, so you cry "troll!" to make things easy on you. I have better things to do with my time than to troll anyone. I'm sorry you're one of THOSE.
And you're one of THEM.

:lol:
Imwashingmypirate
Apostle

nowacatholic wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:26 pm
Jersey Girl wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:17 am

What if you and your DD were walking down a city street, heard a talented violinist playing and when you came up on the violinist, you saw that it was a homeless man wearing worn and dusty clothing.

Would you turn her away from that person or would you stay to listen? And why?
I would turn her away for her own protection. We are financially blessed and I don't want her pissing away the trust fund she'll start getting when she turns 18 in the hopes, among other things, that she won't serve a TSCC mission, on homeless people. If she were to give your hypothetical man even a dollar, she'd get kicked out of our home the minute (12:01 a.m.) she turns 18 and she would lose her trust fund. Homeless people are unsafe and they are that way because of choices that they and they alone made.

To answer your question, yes, I would turn her away and I point to the previous paragraph.
I think if I were you're kid, I'd rebel and I wouldn't want your money. Do you rub your money in her face and dangle it like a carrot?
Imwashingmypirate
Apostle

nowacatholic wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:20 pm
Bret Ripley wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:16 pm
Totally not a troll.
Again, nope. Man somehow squeezed by without cell phones and laptops for thousands of years, so I think my wife can gird her loins and live with the consequences of her actions for a few measly months. So her only option, since she's already grounded from using our landline for trying to talk about TSCC to a nevermo neighbor, is a pay phone. That's not a troll. That's good parenting.
WHAT?
Imwashingmypirate
Apostle

Nowacatholic!!! You ARE ABUSIVE. Please seek medical help.
nowacatholic
Nursery

Post by nowacatholic »

Imwashingmypirate wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:48 pm
nowacatholic wrote:

I would turn her away for her own protection. We are financially blessed and I don't want her pissing away the trust fund she'll start getting when she turns 18 in the hopes, among other things, that she won't serve a TSCC mission, on homeless people. If she were to give your hypothetical man even a dollar, she'd get kicked out of our home the minute (12:01 a.m.) she turns 18 and she would lose her trust fund. Homeless people are unsafe and they are that way because of choices that they and they alone made.

To answer your question, yes, I would turn her away and I point to the previous paragraph.
I think if I were you're kid, I'd rebel and I wouldn't want your money. Do you rub your money in her face and dangle it like a carrot?
Oh, but she will want her money. She's already making plans for her 18th and she's looking forward to buying her own home at the ripe old age of 18. She wouldn't want to put that in jeopardy by defying me.
Imwashingmypirate
Apostle

nowacatholic wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:55 pm
Imwashingmypirate wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:48 pm

Oh, but she will want her money. She's already making plans for her 18th and she's looking forward to buying her own home at the ripe old age of 18. She wouldn't want to put that in jeopardy by defying me.
Some things aren't worth all the money in the world.
nowacatholic
Nursery

Post by nowacatholic »

Imwashingmypirate wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:57 pm
nowacatholic wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:55 pm

Then, at 12:01 on her birthday, she gets booted out onto the street and she would lose the lifestyle she's lived since birth. Anyone who would turn that away would be nuts. All she has to do is toe the line and not defy me.
Imwashingmypirate
Apostle

nowacatholic wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:01 pm
Imwashingmypirate wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:57 pm

Then, at 12:01 on her birthday, she gets booted out onto the street and she would lose the lifestyle she's lived since birth. Anyone who would turn that away would be nuts. All she has to do is toe the line and not defy me.
You are a real piece of work.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

nowacatholic wrote:
Jersey Girl wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:17 am

What if you and your DD were walking down a city street, heard a talented violinist playing and when you came up on the violinist, you saw that it was a homeless man wearing worn and dusty clothing.

Would you turn her away from that person or would you stay to listen? And why?

Show me anywhere in my post where I mentioned money in the scenario I posed to you.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!